hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's worth noting that if we do get 9 points from our next 6 matches and those points include a win or a draw against Hearts, we'll still be above them going into the split, even if they win all of their other matches.

So we can afford to lose as many as 3 of our next 6 games and still be guaranteed to be above Hearts!
    Bugger that! We better be at least 15 clear as I’ve a decent wager on with a jambo pal that is looking rosy at this stage.

2. Log in to remove the advert

most on here seem to expect us not to beat Killie. If we perform for 45mins , like we did last week in the second half, we will beat them well. I expect to win most of the rest, maybe a couple of draws

We have in the main always pulled off big results against bigger teams. It's this set of fixtures upcoming which will really see how close we can push for second.

On current form a point at Killie wouldn't be the worst. Provided we follow it up with 2 home wins.

If we can get wins away at saints and county it could be special.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    most on here seem to expect us not to beat Killie. If we perform for 45mins , like we did last week in the second half, we will beat them well. I expect to win most of the rest, maybe a couple of draws
    Of similar opinion. Hopefully first half though as it’ll knock the stuffing out of them, if they are solid for the first half they will grow in confidence. I also think they e played more games recently as they had Scottish cup and a rearranged league game and steve Clarke mentioned they were tired on Saturday. So blow them away early and watch them fade late on.

We will throw in a daft result, probably Home to Hamilton as usual.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    I'm personally saying 15.

We'll win them all, apart from maybe Killie this weekend, or St Johnstone.

If we win 6/6 I think that'll be some sort of record in recent times - 9 wins in a row? Ooft!
    It's decent but it's not as good as 7 clean sheets. That wins you world cups.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Of similar opinion. Hopefully first half though as it’ll knock the stuffing out of them, if they are solid for the first half they will grow in confidence. I also think they e played more games recently as they had Scottish cup and a rearranged league game and steve Clarke mentioned they were tired on Saturday. So blow them away early and watch them fade late on.

We will throw in a daft result, probably Home to Hamilton as usual.
    yes. that's what I am hoping for in the first half on Saturday

Hearts at home on a decent pitch and with Allan and Kamberi in the team, we'll have no trouble beating them.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    I think minimum I'd be happy with is ten points out of 6 games.

On paper we should beat all these teams but all it takes is for us not to turn up, someone like Hamilton or St Johnstone to raise their game (as they have a tendency to do, we're still seem as a big scalp and it's arguable we're the form team just now) or a flukey goal and then a frustrating day watching 11 men behind the ball. I'm expecting at least two draws.

I really hope it's not the case, but people seem to forget that we have (both historically and recently) dropped silly points just when we least expect it. After our 4 games on the bounce in late October/early November this season, we then lost 2-1 at home to St Johnstone and drew 1-1 at Hamilton Accies, and went on to only win 2 out of our next 9.

The optimist in me hopes for 14, 15 or 16 points, obviously.

The realist thinks it'll be more like 11 or 12.

The worst scenario for me is that we fail to pick up more than about 6, and allowing Hearts to win at Easter Road.

I think we'll end up with about 11 out of 18, but I hope it's more. Just don't be surprised if a side like Thistle come to Easter Road and bowl us over when we least expect it.

Killie is dodgy as they've that horrendous pitch and no idea who starts for us. Saying that, we've the strength in depth to cope. Not sure the players will forget that Saturday feeling any time soon... beat Killie and absolutely no reason we don't take maximum. Bring it on!

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Hearts at home on a decent pitch and with Allan and Kamberi in the team, we'll have no trouble beating them.
    Personally think Alan is the key to us finally putting them to the sword. Just gotta try and ensure Levein doesn't have his legs broken in the first 5.

Hamilton - 3 pts
    Hearts - 3 pt
    Partick - 3 pts
    Killie - 0 pt
    St Johnstone - 3 pt
    Ross County - 1 pts

maximum points. we are better than all of these sides.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Is it too optimistic to suggest we have the potential to achieve the same points tally that won us the Championship (71)? We get 15/18 here that puts us on 63 points pre-split...
    That really would be some achievement in our 1st season back up...wherever it sees us finish

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Strange I missed it when Killie turned in to Man City why does hardly any one fancy us to win there ?
    Having g said that I will go for 10 -12 points
    Yup it's like the previous thread where absolutely nobody gave us a snowball's chance in hell of taking anything off Aberdeen at home

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Kilmarnock - 3
    St Johnstone - 1
    Ross County - 1

Hamilton - 3
    Hearts - 3
    Partick - 3

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    I think one of our biggest weaknesses against the smaller teams has been trying to break them down when up against a solid 9 men behind the ball, hopefully Allan keeps playing well and is that difference to opening up a tight unit as apposed to another draw where we dominate the ball.
    Add in that kamberi and MacLaren have had postive starts I dont see why we cant go at least unbeaten till the split.

12 including 3 against both hearts and Kilmarnock and we’ll be basically guaranteed 4th spot at worst. It would also leave us within touching distance of Aberdeen and rangers going into the split.

Minimum of 10, maximum of 13 points for me.

@hibs.net private member
    All these games are absolutely winnable - that said, football is rarely as true to form as all that - there are always usually upsets and unforseen dips.

So - I'll predict an upsurge in home form seeing 9 points out of 9 won from Hamilton, Hearts and Partick.

From the away games I'll predict a loss away to resurgent Killie, a win at St Johnstone and and a draw away to a Ross County fighting for their survival.

That would make 13 points out of 18. Would obviously love to see an 18 point haul which would probably move us into 2nd, but that would mean a run of wins such as I have never seen in all my time supporting Hibs (9 on the trot) and, much as I rate this team, I just can't see that happening (please prove me wrong!)

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    All these games are absolutely winnable - that said, football is rarely as true to form as all that - there are always usually upsets and unforseen dips.

So - I'll predict an upsurge in home form seeing 9 points out of 9 won from Hamilton, Hearts and Partick.

From the away games I'll predict a loss away to resurgent Killie, a win at St Johnstone and and a draw away to a Ross County fighting for their survival.

That would make 13 points out of 18. Would obviously love to see an 18 point haul which would probably move us into 2nd, but that would mean a run of wins such as I have never seen in all my time supporting Hibs (9 on the trot) and, much as I rate this team, I just can't see that happening (please prove me wrong!)
    I agree all 3 home games should be wins.

If we play to our potential we're more than capable of winning the 3 away games. I think our midfield and forwards will be suited to playing on Killie's plastic pitch. As long as the defenders don't do anything stupid we should be able to take care of them. St Johnstone haven't been great recently apart from beating The Rangers and drawing with Celtc. We should take the points. Ross County has always been a difficult place to travel to but with this team I'll be disappointed if we can't tuck them away.

18 points.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Our points total in 04/05 was 61 when we finished 3rd. Presumably that's our best tally in the top league (it was only 2pts per win before 1994).

With 14 points to go, I'd fancy us for that which is a great achievement.

In 04/05 we recorded 9 away wins, so far we've recorded 7. Again, a good chance to break what I'm assuming is a record, starting with a win on Saturday.
    Mon the Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Our points total in 04/05 was 61 when we finished 3rd. Presumably that's our best tally in the top league (it was only 2pts per win before 1994).

With 14 points to go, I'd fancy us for that which is a great achievement.

In 04/05 we recorded 9 away wins, so far we've recorded 7. Again, a good chance to break what I'm assuming is a record, starting with a win on Saturday.
    66 points in 00/01. Think it would take something special to top that!

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    66 points in 00/01. Think it would take something special to top that!
    I forgot to check that year! Thanks for the correction.

Mon the Hibs.

3 at home (Hamilton, Hearts and Partick)
    3 Away (Killie, St Johnstone and Ross County)

How many points will we take?

Given our current form, I'm really hoping for c.15/18, given outside of Killie it's really the dross of the league we're playing. Would put us in really good stead for a Top 3 finish!
    18 points please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, that if the results turn out as predicted below (not exactly unreasonable);

Hibs pre split fixtures
    Kilmarnock (A) - Draw
    Hamilton (H) - Hibs Win
    Hearts (H) - Hibs Win
    St Johnstone (A) - Draw
    Partick (H) - Hibs Win
    Ross County (A) - Hibs Win

Hearts pre split fixtures
    Rangers (A) - Hearts Loss
    Kimarnock (H) - Draw
    Hibernian (A) - Loss
    Partick (H) - Hearts Win
    Dundee (A) - Hearts win
    Aberdeen (H) - Hearts Loss

Kilmarnock pre split fixtures
    Hibernian (H) - Draw
    Hearts (A) - Draw
    St Johnstone (H) - Draw
    Ross County (H) - Kilmarnock Win
    Hamilton (A) - Kilmarnock Win
    Rangers (A) - Kilmarnock Loss
    Hamilton (H) - Kilmarnock Win
    Partick (A) - Draw

The table would look like this by the split

Hibs - 61 pts
    Kilmarnock - 48 pts
    Hearts - 45 pts

We would be Guaranteed to finish above hearts regardless of split fixtures, and would only need 3 points after the split to guarantee 4th.
    Last edited by Monts; 20-02-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    Interesting, that if the results turn out as predicted below (not exactly unreasonable);

Hibs pre split fixtures
    Kilmarnock (A) - Draw
    Hamilton (H) - Hibs Win
    Hearts (H) - Hibs Win
    St Johnstone (A) - Draw
    Partick (H) - Hibs Win
    Ross County (A) - Hibs Win

Hearts pre split fixtures
    Rangers (A) - Hearts Loss
    Kimarnock (H) - Draw
    Hibernian (A) - Loss
    Partick (H) - Hearts Win
    Dundee (A) - Hearts win
    Aberdeen (H) - Hearts Loss

Kilmarnock pre split fixtures
    Hibernian (H) - Kilmarnock Loss
    Hearts (A) - Draw
    St Johnstone (H) - Draw
    Ross County (H) - Kilmarnock Win
    Hamilton (A) - Kilmarnock Win
    Rangers (A) - Kilmarnock Loss
    Hamilton (H) - Kilmarnock Win
    Partick (A) - Draw

The table would look like this by the split

Hibs - 61 pts
    Kilmarnock - 47 pts
    Hearts - 45 pts

We would be Guaranteed to finish above hearts regardless of split fixtures, and would only need 3 points after the split to guarantee 4th.
    We would actually only need 1 point if it was against Killie.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    We would actually only need 1 point if it was against Killie.
    Fair point

@hibs.net private member
    We are 15 points ahead of Motherwell and 20 ahead of St Johnstone (who have 2 games in hand).

Therefore if we win on Saturday we will be guaranteed a top 6 finish if my arithmetic is correct.

When you think this was a lot of fans target this season. Always wanted 4th at worst myself.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    We are 15 points ahead of Motherwell and 20 ahead of St Johnstone (who have 2 games in hand).

Therefore if we win on Saturday we will be guaranteed a top 6 finish if my arithmetic is correct.

When you think this was a lot of fans target this season. Always wanted 4th at worst myself.
    I think st js would still be able to catch us by winning all of their games and we lose all after Saturday.
    Mon the Hibs.