hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1957/58

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

1957/58

That's the last time Hibs had a higher average attendance.

In fact, apart from 1 occasion, our current average is more than our previous 25 years highest crowds.

We're already guaranteed a top 6 finish, so depending on who we get at home, our average could top 18000.

It really is astonishing.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/club_...attendance.php
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Wow, 1980/1981 Easter Road was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Before my time. Relegated in 79/80 season. Assume playing in the lower division affected the average.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    You’re not a true fan unless you are one of the 1000~ who had a ST in 1890.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    We should be guaranteed The Rangers and Celtic at home 👌🏼

Quite remarkable given that there were probably a few 40k+ crowd games back in that season

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    Sure my great grandad did

Amazing stats. The thing that sticks out is the lowest attendance, 15,500 people are still turning out for the most unglamorous league tie...which means the stadium is never less than 75% full these days. Compare with previous seasons.

We were all too pissed to care

Our lowest crowd this year is higher than any other years average, apart from 72/73, going back to 1962.

We're getting over 6000 a week more than 2010 when the new East Stand was built.

How much extra income does that give us?

Does anyone know what the average income per fan Hibs is?
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 19-02-2018 at 02:49 PM.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

We should finish with a higher average than Hearts despite them including the Murrayfield attendances with 15k away fans. Will be a be the highest Edinburgh average in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Does anyone know what the average income per fan Hibs is?
    Did Petrie not say at an AGM a few years ago that the average ticket cost £12 per game, taking into account season tickets (kids, students, OAP's, disabled and full price), concessions, hospitality etc.? This might have been before the new East was built when tickets for the old East were cheaper.

First Team Breakthrough
    As someone has mentioned on another thread we might not get The Rangers at home again as they will have played all Celtic. Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts and Killie at home twice before the split meaning a couple of the teams might have to go to Ipox three times. SPFL what a crew which will probably impact slightly on the average attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    We should be guaranteed The Rangers and Celtic at home 👌🏼
    I wouldn’t be so sure. As it stands, Rangers are due all 5 games away from home after the split, that is with Kilmarnock in it. The maximum they can have is 3, they won’t change the Celtic game, so two out of the 4 other games will have to switch, depending on what we have had and are due, I would say there is a good chance of us going back to Ibrox.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    Did Petrie not say at an AGM a few years ago that the average ticket cost £12 per game, taking into account season tickets (kids, students, OAP's, disabled and full price), concessions, hospitality etc.? This might have been before the new East was built when tickets for the old East were cheaper.
    I did a rough calculation using £15 as the average.

6000 X £15 = 90000 per week. Multiply that by 19 home games gives you £1.71m

That's extra income!

Last season, in the championship remember, our average was about 4000 higher than in 2010. Using the same back of tag packet calculation, the extra income from attendances was £1.14m.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 19-02-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    Sadly there's only Johnnyboy left.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavieRoy View Post
    I wouldn’t be so sure. As it stands, Rangers are due all 5 games away from home after the split, that is with Kilmarnock in it. The maximum they can have is 3, they won’t change the Celtic game, so two out of the 4 other games will have to switch, depending on what we have had and are due, I would say there is a good chance of us going back to Ibrox.
    I’d love to know how they’d come to the decision of who has to play there three times. Imo it should be done by drawing balls out of a hat. It’s an absolute disgrace if Celtic get preferential treatment over the rest of us.

United we stand here....

There is a seeding system based on last season’s final positions, that would mean Kilmarnock and Hibernian but there may be teams who need an extra away game to balance out the 19 and 19.

I personally like the split when it works, I understand the odd anomaly and sometimes it goes against you but this is ridiculous when it has to be so manufactured. After three years in the Championship, I would happily go back to a 10 team league for the Premiership. Too much dross at the bottom. Have a best versus best mentality rather than adding weaker teams. At least we would have the fixtures sorted from day one.

@hibs.net private member
    Going back to Ibrox is probably a good thing we’ll hammer them there.

Also if this happens then it’s a good excuse to drop the Rangers tickets at ER. I mean if we’re no getting to play them there twice what’s the point of allowing 3,000 odd huns in to watch Hibs play them only there once a season as there’s more chance Hibs fans will want to see this game and actually buy tickets for the away end.

GGTTH

If you remove the distorting effects of the OF and Hearts crowds in the 70's it really hammers home the level of support this current team is getting at ER. Amazing stats, special times.

Quote Originally Posted by DavieRoy View Post
    There is a seeding system based on last season’s final positions, that would mean Kilmarnock and Hibernian but there may be teams who need an extra away game to balance out the 19 and 19.

I personally like the split when it works, I understand the odd anomaly and sometimes it goes against you but this is ridiculous when it has to be so manufactured. After three years in the Championship, I would happily go back to a 10 team league for the Premiership. Too much dross at the bottom. Have a best versus best mentality rather than adding weaker teams. At least we would have the fixtures sorted from day one.
    Aberdeen and Kilmarnock would both be due 2 home games and three away to make it 19 home and 19 away, so the simple thing would be to switch their games with Rangers to Ibrox, that way everyone has 19 home and 19 away. However I can't see Aberdeen being too happy with having to play Rangers at Ibrox 3 times, especially if they are still level on points or there about, so I'd anticipate one of either Hearts or us having to go to Ibrox again. Based on both ours and Rangers home form vs away form, that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Sadly there's only Johnnyboy left.
    😂😂😂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    This is how it feels

Edinburgh population is expected to grow by more than 25% over the next 20 years to 600,000. There is plenty room to grow our attendances even more. Luckily we have room to fill in the corners when we need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm mostly surprised how low the average crowd was in the 70s. Shows how amazing the crowds are now.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    We should finish with a higher average than Hearts despite them including the Murrayfield attendances with 15k away fans. Will be a be the highest Edinburgh average in a long time.
    I’m sure they had more than that. 14k against the Huns, 7k against the sheep when normally combined they’d be lucky to get 5k.

@hibs.net private member
    Undoubtedly great figures but worth bearing in mind that we've changed the way we count (not sure if this season or last) to reflect tickets sold rather than bums on seats

I’m very sceptical about these figures.Where did they come from,particularly the 50s,60s and 70s?The club never issued attendance figures and newspapers used to have a rough guess.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Albert of Kidd View Post
    I'm mostly surprised how low the average crowd was in the 70s. Shows how amazing the crowds are now.
    Me too . How can that 70s side only manage 17k average. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I’m very sceptical about these figures.Where did they come from,particularly the 50s,60s and 70s?The club never issued attendance figures and newspapers used to have a rough guess.
    The owner of that website is a guy called Bobby Sinnet. I think he's a Hibs supporter so maybe he has contacts in the club.

I was sure that attendances were announced in the 70s though.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Edinburgh population is expected to grow by more than 25% over the next 20 years to 600,000. There is plenty room to grow our attendances even more. Luckily we have room to fill in the corners when we need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just posted on another thread that that was the season I started going to almost every home game. I went to my first game only a year and a half earlier and, apart from the George Best debut and games against the OF, our home support numbered around 5k.

The attendances didn't really start picking up until the late 80s.