hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Boy behind me in the east a few years back. Opposition player going OTT with the shirt pulling on one of our players, guy shouts out, "ref, he's trying to get his hands on the famous green and white jersey!"

Doesn't sound that funny written out but the boys delivery was bang on and everyone was pissing themselves.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough kevo1875's Avatar
    Hibs v barcelona at murrayfield and Messi puts a shot over the bar and a voice behind me shouts " you should practise your finishing wee man "

@hibs.net private member
    Years ago....think it would be around 83/84...Scotland were playing Holland in a friendly at Hampden. Iirc it was the time of the emergent of Guillit and Van Basten Et al....I was in , what was then the traditional Rangers end....and early in the game we were under a bit of an early assault from the Dutch team....one of the locals in the terracing, forgetting where he , referring to the colour of their shirts, shouted.."c'mon Scotland, get in to these Orange *******s....". Then quickly added to those around him, currently glaring at him..."sorry, boys...."..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'l go for one from the Nineties "Your effin s***e Hateley ya long haried baldy B*****D!" @ Mark Hateley v Rangers at Easter Road.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs v barcelona at murrayfield and Messi puts a shot over the bar and a voice behind me shouts " you should practise your finishing wee man "
    We are so lucky to have seen the wee man play against us. Will never forget that.

Not a hibs fan, but the funniest I've seen was the famous 'same old alloa, always cheating' from the Rangers fan on posted on Twitter.

Alloa away a couple of years back and the guy along from us shouts ‘Come on Hibs, get in to these Clackmannanshire B******s’.

Found that a pretty random shout.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Heard a story on the radio years ago it was an Italian restaurant owner in Glasgow had friends and family over from Italy for a Scotland v Italy match at Hampden. This took place around the time when John Greig & Billy McNeill were playing.

For those that don't go that far back they were both grade A cloggers took/ball player and all every tackle.

After several meaty challenges from the Scotland players the Italians were getting agitated at the rough treatment and all started shouting and complaining, shouting in Italian "Animali, Animali"

There was no segregation and the restaurant owner told his friends to calm it down what they were saying was almost the same in English and all the bears around them could understand.

His friends all nodded and next dirty challenge they all jumped up shouting "B@$$tardi, B@$$tardi"

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    I’ve got a habit of doing this. The first time must’ve been when Townsley played for us. I’d brought my school mate along for the first time and was in the process of telling him Townsley was a complete donkey, he then proceeds to score from about 25 yards.

I should just keep my mouth shut at the football!
    I know the feeling
    After the 0-7 game,our next fixture against the not so noisy and famous neighbours was the following season in Sept at tiny
    I went along with 2 cousins (Hibs Fans) who were back home in Edinburgh for a holiday.having emigrated to the US many years before.
    I was waxing lyrical about The Tornadoes and what we were going to do to hertz that day.
    We got beat 4-1 and i was left speechless for the rest of the night.
    I had no excuses to come up with for the performance.
    (not a mean feat for me )
    Another one
    I took an older Hibernian who had not been to Easter Road for many years (mobility issues) to the Malmo game
    My friend was in Middletons before half time.
    I think he moved quicker than the Hibs team did that night and he was in his late 70s
    He said tae me "thanks for the invite Michael. Dinnae ask me again !
    Only positive that night was....
    We stayed in Middletons till shutting time and he paid for a taxi back tae Clerry.

Semi at tiny Murphy lines up a free kick “Ffs dinny let him take it———/goal

Quote Originally Posted by hughio View Post
    "Come on Hibernian ..show some GUMPTION"

The lady with loudest voice in lower West.

That's the favourite one I think, though she's got a few others - miss sitting near her in the West now that I've migrated to the FF Lower, sadly she is now out of earshot.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Coming out of Tannadice quite a few years ago.

Guy shouts '**** off ya Fife *******s" to some Utd fans.

???

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post

That's the favourite one I think, though she's got a few others - miss sitting near her in the West now that I've migrated to the FF Lower, sadly she is now out of earshot.
    Think I know her.

She's the politest fan in ER. When the rest of us are singing "Hi-bernian, F O Midlothian...", she'll be singing "Go away Midlothian".

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    The one I remember is from the old North Stand years ago.

The guys there were notoriously hard to please. One game, their negativity p'd off one guy so much that he stood up, and roundly addressed the rest of the crowd...

"Yiz are aw nihilists!!!"

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    One from an away match against St Mirren at the old Love street back in the 70's.

Not much action from either team in the first 20 minutes and an old local belts out,

" Com'on Saints, I've seen more life in a lodgin' Hoose blanket "

Against killie? Ball goes into the crowd a boy throws the ball back to the guy waiting to take the throw in he misses his catch someone says “ youll never get a game in any basketball team” just as 7ft sub runs past almost everyone said “ he would “

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hughio View Post
    On another thread someone suggested Fan Shouts should get its own thread.

Last season at Dumbarton a refined Irish voice boomed out behind me to everyone's amusement
    "Come on Hibernian..this is MEDIOCHRE"
    At Berwick Rangers for a New Year match during one of our earlier relegation episodes a hibby supporter was very loudly swearing at the ref - " referee you effin barsteward". A polis came over and told him to stop swearing or he'd be thrown out. Minutes later it came again "referee you effin barsteward", then as the polis strode menacingly toward him again he shouted out "sorry officer - he's just an ordinary barsteward". The polis joined in the laughter and the hibby got away with it.
    Last edited by CockneyRebel; 19-02-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Fir Park 1991

Billy ‘the fish’ Thompson is in nets for the mothers at the Hibs end.

He goes to take a goal kick and the shout comes out ‘Billy Thompson - Scotland’s number....TWENTY’ which got a laugh.

Easter Road 1989 or 1990

Alan ‘the model’ Sneddon had uncharacterisically scored twice in a league cup game against Alloa or someone the previous match and when he received the ball, no matter where on the pitch, the shout went up ‘SHOOT!’

That lasted the entire ‘90 minutes.
    Last edited by Speedway; 19-02-2018 at 04:08 PM.

In the old enclosure - shed end -under whats now the west upper big glaswegian hibby who stood behind me (Alistair something) shouted out - just at the exact moment the fan noise died down - 'its amazimg what the sight of a mutton bayonet will do to a woman' - why he did that - (shout out that is) I have no idea!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    Against killie? Ball goes into the crowd a boy throws the ball back to the guy waiting to take the throw in he misses his catch someone says “ youll never get a game in any basketball team” just as 7ft sub runs past almost everyone said “ he would “
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Rougier! Git back tae China!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snedzuk View Post
    In the old enclosure - shed end -under whats now the west upper big glaswegian hibby who stood behind me (Alistair something) shouted out - just at the exact moment the fan noise died down - 'its amazimg what the sight of a mutton bayonet will do to a woman' - why he did that - (shout out that is) I have no idea!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

“Hey you(opposition player) 100,000 wouldney buy you and i’am one o them” stolen from Shankley but still funny

Aberdeen game when Mowbray was in charge. Won 2-1 with a cracking Glass goal. We scored first. When they equalised one of their players leapt up and swung on the crossbar. Guy behind me shouts "Aye you swing on the bar, you bar swinging *******"

OK - not an individual fan shout - but “booked for being ugly, you got booked for being ugly” song that rang out from The East shortly after Steve Fulton got a yellow card still lives in the memory.

Warning: 18 Certificate 😉

Old East, around 2007, during the pre match warm up v St Mirren.

Saints player Will Haining had just married former (ahem) page 3 "Glamour Model Michelle Marsh....

Shout from the East: Haw Haining! Av c*m on yer wife's t***

He wisnae best pleased 🤣

I remember back in the 70’s a chap standing next to me was a bit disgruntled with Willie Murray who was a bit tardy in beating his man. The fella was complaining shouting repeatedly “Murray - will ye quit stalling!.” After this having had no effect, exasperated he appealed to the crowd
    shouting “I I cannae stand guffies that winnae quit
    stallin’.” I sort of agreed with him.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Years ago....think it would be around 83/84...Scotland were playing Holland in a friendly at Hampden. Iirc it was the time of the emergent of Guillit and Van Basten Et al....I was in , what was then the traditional Rangers end....and early in the game we were under a bit of an early assault from the Dutch team....one of the locals in the terracing, forgetting where he , referring to the colour of their shirts, shouted.."c'mon Scotland, get in to these Orange *******s....". Then quickly added to those around him, currently glaring at him..."sorry, boys...."..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Me and a pal were at Scotland v Peru, maybe a wee bit earlier than the above fixture. Davie Cooper was have a mare and after, another, misplaced pass we both shouted reasonably mild abuse, simultaneously at him. Cue about 15 huns surrounding us, kicking, punching in the ribs and telling us in no uncertain terms that, paraphrasing here, Cooper was "a fine British fellow who played for a great team supported by HM The Queen." A little funny but no really as we took a pasting before managing to extricate ourselves.

When he was taking a throw-in in front of east, some delightful chap m shouted from about 2 feet 'Michael Mols, your wife looks like a ****ing elephant!' Not exactly pleasant, but hilarious at the time.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    No so much funny shouts but some memory recall and a memorable character
    Back in the 60s, i mind a great character called Willie.
    Came fae Pilton/Muirhouse area.
    Older Gunner guys will mind him.
    You heard Willie before you seen him,Hibs daft.
    Its all he spoke about .....The Hibs !
    He had an alsatian dog named "Rebel"
    I think he used to take it to some home games!
    Barking mad... Willie, no the dug!
    Anyway ,Willie's shouts included

"Come on the Hibernian FC Football Club!"

"Cmon the colour of the grass"

Some other shouts,though "funny" in that era,unprintable today.
    I think even Rebel cringed !

Another one, that wisnae exclusive tae Willie,was being critical of any particular striker who was having a "bad game"

"Away ye go[players name].Ye couldnae score in a brothel wae a handfae o fivers and a doctors certificate".

Back in the sixties at the Holy Ground, it still being a big stadium with the huge main terracing, it wisnae unknown for there to be crowds as low as 3/4 thousand.
    You could hear every shout.
    The ground then could be like an echo chamber.
    The players could certainly hear the critics as well.

One story goes that when Bertie Auld played wae Hibs, he was recovering from an injury and was in a game for the reserve team at home.
    A guy in the old enclosure was continually giving Bertie dogs abuse for some reason.
    Bertie heard every comment,as this guys verbals could be heard all around
    He eventually went over (or maybe jumped over) the enclosure wall and said tae the guy (wae a smile)
    "Me and you outside efter the game,pal.!
    I seem to remember this guy. Did he used to wear a huge grey raincoat/overcoat? You often heard him before you seen him!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    We were playing Maribor at ER in the EL and were getting outclassed and losing. Some guy behind me stands up and screams... “Come on Hibs, they’re f****** s****”. What game was he watching? The old guy in front of me couldn’t stop laughing 😂