hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Funniest fan shouts

On another thread someone suggested Fan Shouts should get its own thread.

Last season at Dumbarton a refined Irish voice boomed out behind me to everyone's amusement
    "Come on Hibernian..this is MEDIOCHRE"

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I remember about 15 years ago at Rugby Park we went 1-0 up and about 10 mins later some elderly chap arose and randomly shouted "you're no laughing now Killie crowd"

Maybe you had to be there

First Team Breakthrough Coults1875's Avatar
    Was at a local Accies match back in the day (free match tickets with school)

An older guy sitting right at the front shouts at the top of his voice "C'mon the real hoops!" Made me laugh and i can still remember it 10+ years later

A more recent-ish one was when i was sitting at the East during the butcher era. It was close to our relegation when a guy throws his season ticket and scarf pitch-wards then shouts "there's only 1 Kevin Thomson" but in the middle he loses his voice and squeaks out the shout

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    At the match on Saturday, Scott Allan comes over to take a corner. "Brilliant, Scotty", "Welcome back", etc. He takes the corner - "Well done.... JUDAS" in a jokey way though

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I remember us playing someone in the late 70's or early 80's an away game. Their sponsor was Tractor Shovels, when their name was announced a couple of guys in front of us instantly started singing you can stick you tractor shovels up your erse. I think we were at tiny.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member LEaston87's Avatar
    Back in 1999/2000 I remember a Hibs v Dundee game at Easter Road, someone in the East behind me shouted at Willie Falconer, "Falconer, you're a bird". It was funny at the time.

First Team Breakthrough superbam's Avatar
    "Alex Cleland, I can see your pants!"

Game at Brockville, mid-80s and some bloke was giving the linesman absolute pelters (bearing in mind the enclosure was very close to the pitch, almost touching distance). On and on the grief was relentlessly dished out, until thankfully (for the linesman) half-time was welcomed.
    Into the second half and almost immediately the same linesman flags for an obvious offside and the angry voice erupted again, “Hoi, Linesman...” the offending official turned with a puzzled look on his face, the tone of the abuser changed to frivolous benevolence, “you’re doing much better now!”

Hibs v West Ham when one of my mates shouted “Hartson ya English c***!”

For a brief moment everyone who heard it in the East Terracing thought my mate knew something that no one else knew. Then a chorus of folk pointed out my mates mistake

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I remember being in the old North enclosure for an incredibly dull league cup group match in the early 80s. Hibs had already used both subs when Arthur Duncan took a knock to an ankle with about 15 minutes left. The physio strapped it up (over sock & boot) and left Arthur to limp around for the remainder of the game. The bandage eventually came undone and a guy behind me shouted "Duncan, you're hobbling aboot there like the f***in' Andrex puppy". Given that there were only about 3k in the ground and Arthur was about 5 yards away he couldn't help but hear.

"Come on Hibernian ..show some GUMPTION"

The lady with loudest voice in lower West.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    There's an old boy that sits at the back of the West upper (between hospitality and the FF end) who shouts every match at the referee but with truly awful insults. Things like "learn the rules" etc. They're funny for being so bad.

At my old seat in the West Lower, there was a great shout at the linesman (decked in red) who was having a howler. "Linesman, stand still - you're more use as a postbox!".
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Fat bald guy that sits a few seats along from me was giving a tirade of abuse to the ref shortly before we got relegated. The guy got himself into such a tizz over the decision and got his words mixed up shouted “AWAY AND GET **** TAE YERSEL”

You had to be there...

Guy at Dunfermline away last year continued the same shout every time the ball was in the air -

"come on Hibs, 1st ball, 2nd ball, 3rd ball, 4th ball, 5th ball"

Then proceeded to shout -

"come on you with the ginger hair" (Fyvie) Figured he was a top fan after that..

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    A Hibs player, the identity of whom I can't remember, had the ball in the middle of the park, but there wasn't much movement up ahead so he accelerated a bit and clearly intended to go for goal.

I shouted, "Oh Dinny f***ing shoot...GOAL!"

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A Hibs player, the identity of whom I can't remember, had the ball in the middle of the park, but there wasn't much movement up ahead so he accelerated a bit and clearly intended to go for goal.

That happened in pre-season at East End Park. Boy behind me started having a go at Boyle for taking a touch in the box, just as Boyle slips the ball past the keeper to score.

In fairness to the guy he said "What do I know?" and had a laugh about it. Couldn't have timed it better.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

No so much funny shouts but some memory recall and a memorable character
    Back in the 60s, i mind a great character called Willie.
    Came fae Pilton/Muirhouse area.
    Older Gunner guys will mind him.
    You heard Willie before you seen him,Hibs daft.
    Its all he spoke about .....The Hibs !
    He had an alsatian dog named "Rebel"
    I think he used to take it to some home games!
    Barking mad... Willie, no the dug!
    Anyway ,Willie's shouts included

"Come on the Hibernian FC Football Club!"

"Cmon the colour of the grass"

Some other shouts,though "funny" in that era,unprintable today.
    I think even Rebel cringed !

Another one, that wisnae exclusive tae Willie,was being critical of any particular striker who was having a "bad game"

"Away ye go[players name].Ye couldnae score in a brothel wae a handfae o fivers and a doctors certificate".

Back in the sixties at the Holy Ground, it still being a big stadium with the huge main terracing, it wisnae unknown for there to be crowds as low as 3/4 thousand.
    You could hear every shout.
    The ground then could be like an echo chamber.
    The players could certainly hear the critics as well.

One story goes that when Bertie Auld played wae Hibs, he was recovering from an injury and was in a game for the reserve team at home.
    A guy in the old enclosure was continually giving Bertie dogs abuse for some reason.
    Bertie heard every comment,as this guys verbals could be heard all around
    He eventually went over (or maybe jumped over) the enclosure wall and said tae the guy (wae a smile)
    "Me and you outside efter the game,pal.!
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 19-02-2018 at 01:26 PM.

A good few years back, sitting behind the goals at Tanadice, a guy shouts “Get back to the hills have eyes ya baldy barsteward” at the referee John Rowbotham. Laughed so much I missed a few minutes of the game with the tears in my eyes.

i remember someone in the opposition team got a yellow card. From where i was sitting in the old east, in the low sun it looked like a red. I was the only one who over celebrated the yellow card. Very embarrassing and got some strange looks.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Guy was getting searched outside the East Stand a few seasons ago. He asked the steward why and he said “it’s for flares”. The boy replied instantly “Flair? There’s been nae flair doon this way for years.”

Left by mutual consent!
    Not especially funny but there's a bunch of guys behind me in the west that always do what appears to me as some outdated Michael Jackson Impressions. There was a balding ginger guy with them last season who was the worst culprit but he appears to have disappeared this season, overheard a conversation between them about court so maybe he's in jail.

They also appear to dislike the west stand which I find odd.

First Team Breakthrough
    I had a rant about short corners at the Scotland v Ireland game a couple of years ago. I shouted to the high heavens to stick it in the box as short corners were rotten; only for us to score one the the best short corner routines I've ever seen.

Took some stick afterwards

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Does anyone remember the guy who used to continually tell all the passengers upstairs on the number 1 bus that "I'm a Hibby"?

This wasn't on match days.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I'm sure it was an old BP youth cup game and john rowbottom game running over to the east terrace. To run the line. 'Its beaker from the muppets' came the shout.

THe other week: Kamberi gets tackled, I hear behind be '**** SAKE STOKES!!!'

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    No so much funny shouts but some memory recall and a memorable character
    Back in the 60s, i mind a great character called Willie.
    Came fae Pilton/Muirhouse area.
    Older Gunner guys will mind him.
    You heard Willie before you seen him,Hibs daft.
    Its all he spoke about .....The Hibs !
    He had an alsatian dog named "Rebel"
    I think he used to take it to some home games!
    Barking mad... Willie, no the dug!
    Anyway ,Willie's shouts included

"Come on the Hibernian FC Football Club!"

"Cmon the colour of the grass"

Some other shouts,though "funny" in that era,unprintable today.
    I think even Rebel cringed !

Another one, that wisnae exclusive tae Willie,was being critical of any particular striker who was having a "bad game"

"Away ye go[players name].Ye couldnae score in a brothel wae a handfae o fivers and a doctors certificate".

Back in the sixties at the Holy Ground, it still being a big stadium with the huge main terracing, it wisnae unknown for there to be crowds as low as 3/4 thousand.
    You could hear every shout.
    The ground then could be like an echo chamber.
    The players could certainly hear the critics as well.

One story goes that when Bertie Auld played wae Hibs, he was recovering from an injury and was in a game for the reserve team at home.
    A guy in the old enclosure was continually giving Bertie dogs abuse for some reason.
    Bertie heard every comment,as this guys verbals could be heard all around
    He eventually went over (or maybe jumped over) the enclosure wall and said tae the guy (wae a smile)
    "Me and you outside efter the game,pal.!
    I'm sure Wullie Grady had a dug named Rebel.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

I’ve got a habit of doing this. The first time must’ve been when Townsley played for us. I’d brought my school mate along for the first time and was in the process of telling him Townsley was a complete donkey, he then proceeds to score from about 25 yards.

I should just keep my mouth shut at the football!

Heard “ Malonga you couldn’t control your your your emotions

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    I’ve got a habit of doing this. The first time must’ve been when Townsley played for us. I’d brought my school mate along for the first time and was in the process of telling him Townsley was a complete donkey, he then proceeds to score from about 25 yards.

I should just keep my mouth shut at the football!
    If there's a correlation between you badmouthing Hibs players and them scoring immediately afterwards, I recommend you keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by hibernia_inn View Post
    I'm sure Wullie Grady had a dug named Rebel.
    The very man
    Ma cousin Tommy Flynn (originally fae The'Market)used tae drink wae Willie and his brother John in the Gunner and The Doocot
    I knew them both well too.
    Comical trio they were over a game of dominoes!
    Hibernians to a man!
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 19-02-2018 at 02:49 PM.