hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The front 2

The front 2

Linked up excellently today. Both hard workers, both bring each other into play, kamberi took his two goals so far really well, Maclaren will score a few with the situations he gets himself into once he's fully sharp. I know people where saying Murray and stokes linked up well during the betfred cup at the start of the season but you get the feeling these two have a very good understanding already.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    If it wasn’t for the Aberdeen keeper having a great game, Maclaren could easily have had a hat trick

Not criticising him, there’s certainly goals in him

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Linked up excellently today. Both hard workers, both bring each other into play, kamberi took his two goals so far really well, Maclaren will score a few with the situations he gets himself into once he's fully sharp. I know people where saying Murray and stokes linked up well during the betfred cup at the start of the season but you get the feeling these two have a very good understanding already.
    I thought first half Kamberi struggled, no touch and a bit of a headless chicken. He then turned full circle and was excellent second half. Maclaren was busy, you can tell already what the two give us. Flo is the big strong his up type and Maclaren’s runs are excellent in behind, he just doesn’t stop and is deceptively quick as well, his finishing was off today though but I’m sure that’ll come.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Interesting to hear NL saying that McLaren is a better player than they thought they were getting.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    I'm confident MacLaren will come good. He hasn't played regularly for over 6 months and it looks like he's trying too hard. A couple of goals from open play and he'll relax and start playing more instinctively I reckon as he's a good striker.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    If it wasn’t for the Aberdeen keeper having a great game, Maclaren could easily have had a hat trick

Not criticising him, there’s certainly goals in him
    MacLarens play was good his finishing was woeful, none from about six chances. Having said that I thought it was great he was in a scoring position so many times.

MacLaren will probably be disappointed not to have scored today but he hit a very good shot which the keeper could only parry into the path of Boyle to nod it into the goal. This is what kick-started the excellent 2nd half performance so MacLaren gets a lot of credit for the part he played in that.

First Team Breakthrough
    Jurys out for me on Mclaren, yes he works hard, but he should have scored at least one today.

Maybe Im expecting too much too soon.

@hibs.net private member
    Both worked very hard. I thought some of McLaren's runs were excellent but his finishing wasn't great. Hopefully it will come but it's the hardest part of football. Both look to be decent signings but still early days

Quote Originally Posted by noz View Post
    Jurys out for me on Mclaren, yes he works hard, but he should have scored at least one today.

Maybe Im expecting too much too soon.
    Its not always about scoring though, granted he should have had a couple but that aside he was a thorn in Aberdeens side today, he pestered them non stop, chased down & brought others into play, namely his strike partner Kemberi, he battered Aberdeens centre half O”Connor for much of the game & got a deserved goal. More to come from that front pairing as they get used to each other 👍
    Last edited by MSK; 17-02-2018 at 08:23 PM.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Its not always about scoring though, granted he should have had a couple but that aside he was a thorn in Aberdeens side today, he pestered them non stop, chased down & brought others into play, namely his strike partner Kemberi, he battered Aberdeens centre half O”Connor for much of the game & got a deserved goal. More to come from that front pairing as they get used to each other 👍

McLaren works hard but I think he is an improvement on Murray. I do like Murray as a penatly box srriker though

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    MacLarens play was good his finishing was woeful, none from about six chances. Having said that I thought it was great he was in a scoring position so many times.
    His finishing wasn’t woeful. That’s far too harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    His finishing wasn’t woeful. That’s far too harsh.
    It was. Three one on ones and he rolled every one straight at the keeper who just kneeled down and let it hit him. He lacked confidence in front of goal whereas the rest of his game was really good.

Jesus wept. We battered Aberdeen today and here is a thread with people moaning about our strikers. FFS

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Most of what he hit was on target. Keeper closed 3 down. He tried to bend one in too close to the goalie and his second attempt into he second half was well struck and Boyler had a free header. Woeful was not my view...

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    MacLaren looked a bit rusty and on another day could easily have got himself two or three goals but ended up firing straight at the keeper each time.

some of his runs were excellent though, always looking to get in behind the defence and getting himself in dangerous positions.

Once he's back up to speed with a few matches under his belt I can see him doing very well and developing a good partnership with Kamberi

Any chance we’ll be able to sign Either or both on a permanent basis?

Both strikers give us more than Stokes and Murray. Kamberi is more physical than Murray leads line better. McLaren is quick and makes great runs and sits on last defender shoulder hence the offsides.

With Allan creating for them and Boyle we are likely to be more dangerous.

It was great to see a pacy striker playing right on the last man and getting into positions. It's a cliche but his movement looked decent.

His hesitancy and lack of conviction when finishing was a bit of a worry at times though. Hopefully it was just a case of being a bit rusty and trying too hard to make sure he hit the target not to balloon one over the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Any chance we’ll be able to sign Either or both on a permanent basis?
    We have a option to buy Kamberi as part of loan deal but I don’t think we have the same with McLaren.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Playing with both strikers who work hard, allows us to press high up the park, let’s our midfielders have space to play in

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Jesus wept. We battered Aberdeen today and here is a thread with people moaning about our strikers. FFS

It’s ok.

I don’t see any moaning, just people trying to work out how McLaren never got a goal today.

Early days but the 2 of them together are going to be a handful for any team. Add to that the supply they’ll get from today’s 3 in midfield plus Boyler and Lewis, the future looks good, certainly for the rest of this season.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    McLaren and Kamberi look like a front two rather than two boys who play up front.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    It’s ok.

I don’t see any moaning, just people trying to work out how McLaren never got a goal today.
    Did you not see the post saying Kamberi was a headless chicken in 1st half?

Or McLarens woeful finishing?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Tbf you'd expect a striker to finish at least one of the chances he had today. Still, he played really well and had he scored a hattrick it would have been more than deserved.

It’s a discussion board FFS win lose or draw you’re always going to look where you can improved. It’s not always moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Most of what he hit was on target. Keeper closed 3 down. He tried to bend one in too close to the goalie and his second attempt into he second half was well struck and Boyler had a free header. Woeful was not my view...
    Okay woeful a bit strong how about his general play and effort was good his finishing was well below what is expected with room for vast improvement.