hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Ofir Marciano

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Ofir Marciano

Contender for the best keeper active in the league just now IMO. Little bit of a shaky start this season but has really found his form again and his shot stopping is fantastic.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Contender for the best keeper active in the league just now IMO. Little bit of a shaky start this season but has really found his form again and his shot stopping is fantastic.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    No argument from me

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    He's been in great form recently, and long may it continue. Been impressed with his distribution lately in addition to his excellent shot stopping ability.

Pains me to say it, but the best keeper in the league this season has been Jon McLaughlin at Hearts - glad he's heading back down south next season.

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    He's been in great form recently, and long may it continue. Been impressed with his distribution lately in addition to his excellent shot stopping ability.

Pains me to say it, but the best keeper in the league this season has been Jon McLaughlin at Hearts - glad he's heading back down south next season.
    Seen some stats earlier that backs up what you said. But it also says hearts have faced more shots on target this season than hibs so maybe we have a better defence!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    That save he made from McLean. I’ll be honest if he hadn’t got it it would have been in the howler category. Settled into a steady keeper tho.

Very good goalkeeper. Obviously has flaws or he wouldn't be playing for Hibs but he is extremely reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    That save he made from McLean. I’ll be honest if he hadn’t got it it would have been in the howler category. Settled into a steady keeper tho.
    Eh? He made it look outstanding but it was still a very good save. ‘Steady’ is understatement of the year. Gained us plenty of points in 2018 alone already. World class stop after world class stop game after game.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Think maybe earlier in the season his mind might of been elsewhere a bit with the birth of his first child and the health problems with the child may have been a distraction , but a recent visit back to Isreal and the good health now of the baby maybe he is back to his best.

He had little to do today and other than a save for the cameras he was shaky, he missed a cross and fumbled a shot. Having said that he has been great for weeks but today is not the day to start a Rocky thread imho
    Last edited by Sammy7nil; 17-02-2018 at 07:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Eh? He made it look outstanding but it was still a very good save. ‘Steady’ is understatement of the year. Gained us plenty of points in 2018 alone already. World class stop after world class stop game after game.
    Just watched it on the telly box. It would have been poor if he hadn’t stopped it. A howler is maybe a bit strong but he would have got pelters. .

First Team Breakthrough scotia44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    He had little to do today and other than a save for the cameras he was shaky, he missed a cross and fumbled a shot. Having said that he has been great for weeks but today is not the day to start a Rocky thread imho
    That ball moved wickedly, granted would probably liked to have held it but stopped it from going in which he is paid for I don't ask painter how he painted a door I just admire the finished article

Quote Originally Posted by scotia44 View Post
    That ball moved wickedly, granted would probably liked to have held it but stopped it from going in which he is paid for I don't ask painter how he painted a door I just admire the finished article
    If the painter did a great job on the door but spilt the paint all over your floor you might mention it

First Team Breakthrough BigT-Hibeez's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibeez68
    Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post

Still think it's his weakest strength.. Thought his long distribution was pretty poor today..

First Team Breakthrough scotia44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    If the painter did a great job on the door but spilt the paint all over your floor you might mention it
    If it's cleaned up like today then no harm done 😜

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT-Hibeez View Post
    Still think it's his weakest strength.. Thought his long distribution was pretty poor today..
    I love the use of “weakest strength” mate. Think I’ll start using that one. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I love the use of “weakest strength” mate. Think I’ll start using that one. 👍
    It's his strongest weakness

Really? I thought he targeted GMS playing left wing back against Boyle and found Boyle time and again.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    It's his strongest weakness
    Aye but that sounds negative in comparison to weakest strength.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    His distribution was excellent today. He found his man more often than not and have to say he 's a better passer of the ball than Darren. Very good today, should have held that shot second half, but that aside, he was class.

Coaching Staff
    It's weird, but with the furore around McGinn and his supposed valuation, and players like Dylan and contract negotiations - I genuinely think that Ofir is the kind of player who we would get a huge fee for if and when the time comes. Wouldn't want to lose him of course, but I think many many clubs would and will be watching him. Good keepers are a rare breed. We happen to have a very very good one.

@hibs.net private member
    I was delighted to when we signed him permanently and apart from from a small spell where he lost a bit of confidence he's been brilliant