hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibernian and Neil Lennon are made for each other. If he decides to stick with us for another 2 or 3 years there's no telling what we might achieve.
    Whats the chances of us being able to hold onto him long term if we keep wining, sure sometime down the line some English club will come sniffing around,hopefully not for a couple of years yet.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Denverhibby View Post
    Whats the chances of us being able to hold onto him long term if we keep wining, sure sometime down the line some English club will come sniffing around,hopefully not for a couple of years yet.
    Unfortunately imo it is inevitable an English club will come calling soon. I was surprised Sunderland didn’t go for him when Coleman got their job but someone will be along soon I think.

Mick McCarthy’s cost seems to be on a shoogly peg, could see someone like that being interested.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Did you miss Turnbull's team when we challenged the recent European Champs for the title
    Aye Lenny is great . But still turnbull for me .

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Given how well things have gone for us since the first minute he arrived (Cummings and Hanlon signing new contracts, Brondby away win, winning first five games in the Championship), through the win against Hearts in the SC, getting to the semi final of that tournament, winning the Championship at a canter, getting to the semi of the LC this season, all the high profile wins that we've had and getting us to where we are now, it's incredible how much myself and others on here have had to defend him in the last 18 months or so.

He is a superb manager, and when you think about the games that we should have won this season, whether through not taking chances or not being awarded goals that were over the line, it's no stretch of the imagination to think that we could be in an even better position than we are now.

Even after the win at Ibrox a couple of weeks back there were some on here staying that he was doing an adequate job, no more, no less - and the reactions of many after the Hearts defeat re: player recruitment etc were ridiculous.

We need to appreciate what we've got, because this is a special time to be a Hibbie. I love the man, he loves us, and with the backing that the team has got at the moment, we could really go places.

He will make mistakes, as every manager does, but we need to remember all the great things he's done when we go through more rough patches.

GGTH 💚
    Absolutely spot on.

First Team Breakthrough
    commitedI believe is the correct word.seems to take everything onboard personally win or lose.i remember him criticising players for not being winners after a defeat and implying we were happy to be second best and I was one who thought he was being harsh on the players but in hindsight he was stating what his beliefs were and I believe he truly believes he can do with hibs what jim mclean and alex fergusson did despite financial constraints.i genuinely do not believe he thinks its all about him and he has the clubs progression at the forefront of his mind.big shout out to gary parker and the backround staff also as they are doing a wonderful job.what a turnaround from the last time we played Aberdeen we were swept off the park up there but yesterday we hammered them and five or six would not have been unjustified.you can see in neils eyes the hurt or the jubilation after our results.a very honest man and one I am proud to say is the manager of my beloved Hibernian.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Denverhibby View Post
    I would be worried about Brendan Rodgers leaving Celtc and then an inevitable domino effect. If Lennon moved back down South he would consider the offers carefully and right now it would need to be something special. That said we are not building on shifting sands we are building to last and Leann would bring in adequate replacements.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    He's everything I've wanted in our management since Turnbull. He's cemented his status as the boss and what he says goes. By jettisoning Stokes he's shown that no player is bigger than the team and can't be held to ransom. I hope his legacy when he finally moves on is that future managers will hold power over any individual players.