hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How on earth you consider it cringey is baffling.
    You do realise that that lot across the city live and die for being above us, and when the points difference between us has been stretched to 9, then gloating is the bare minimum...thus this thread.
    Have you also forgotten Levein's recent remark about " the natural order being restored" ?
    Exactly! I go into every season with aims of a finish as high as we can but one on the goal list for me is to finish above Hearts, always. Even if we finished 9th and them 10th. It’s bragging rights.

There’s a mentality they’ve had that we’ve needed to increase within our support for years and I’m seeing it grow the last few years and it’s fantastic! I’ll be all about starting threads like this.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I am all for taking the piss out of hearts but at this stage we should be looking up at The Rangers and Aberdeen rather than down at them.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post
    Bit cringey this thread, can’t we just enjoy our win. Who cares about how points there behind

Who cares about how many points they are behind? I think they do. I think they really, really do.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower75 View Post
    I am all for taking the piss out of hearts but at this stage we should be looking up at The Rangers and Aberdeen rather than down at them.

Exactly mate. Every second spent talking about the 2nd rate outfit at the West End of our capital city is a second wasted when we could spend aiming higher. As a club they have no place on this board.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    The 9pt gap is nice to have moving us closer to a UEFA spot by claiming 3rd spot but more importantly for the Yams their chances outwith winning the cup is slippinhg away with only 6 games to the split and needing to watch not just Killie but also Motherwell.
    And St Johnstone, who also have games in hand.
    Would be the funniest thing since 1986 if Hearts dropped into the bottom six this year after Potter's natural order crack.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Exactly mate. Every second spent talking about the 2nd rate outfit at the West End of our capital city is a second wasted when we could spend aiming higher. As a club they have no place on this board.
    Agreed. I think there's a good time to rip them and I'd rather save that for the 9th of March

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    ""If Hibs finish above us this year all it will prove is that in any other season we have to spend 15 million on a new stand they might just have a chance of repeating this unlikely feat.

Thankfully next season we will have the level playing field they are always banging on about and the natural order will be restored. ""

Absolute belter this one, suggesting we've had an advantage this season due to their new stand build, level playing field is to come next season
    Surely they realise the 'Level Playing-field' is us reminding them that their cheating-days are done (well, for now !) - or are they genuinely that thick ??

@hibs.net private member
    we are due them a pumping...

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Used to dread derbys. Can't wait to play them now. We'll murder them next game and can't wait to see Mr 640's puss after it
    Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    we are due them a pumping...

100% cant wait for the derby

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Would be the funniest thing since 1986 if Hearts dropped into Potter's crack.
    Wise words indeed

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    No charities were robbed in the creation of this gap.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Exactly! I go into every season with aims of a finish as high as we can but one on the goal list for me is to finish above Hearts, always. Even if we finished 9th and them 10th. It’s bragging rights.

There’s a mentality they’ve had that we’ve needed to increase within our support for years and I’m seeing it grow the last few years and it’s fantastic! I’ll be all about starting threads like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    A bigger team with a smaller stadium, a rented training ground and 9 points behind hibs? Chortle chortle

Jambos lucky to get a point yesterday when Ross County had a perfectly good goal in injury time disallowed. Yet another one where it was cleared after it crossed the line. It did go over but was back out so quickly it was difficult for the officials however it was actually chopped off for being offside. As shown on Sportscene it was clearly onside as Lafferty was in the goal, which counts as active, and a defender at the far side had his foot over the goal line so it was impossible for any Ross County players to be offside.

Also during the same incident, as the ball comes in from the corner, Adao is all over Schalk and starting from the edge of the six yard box and ending up at the goal line Lafferty drags Fontaine to the ground. So not only were the denied a goal they were also denied a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Surely they realise the 'Level Playing-field' is us reminding them that their cheating-days are done (well, for now !) - or are they genuinely that thick ??
    Genuinely...

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Jambos lucky to get a point yesterday when Ross County had a perfectly good goal in injury time disallowed. Yet another one where it was cleared after it crossed the line. It did go over but was back out so quickly it was difficult for the officials however it was actually chopped off for being offside. As shown on Sportscene it was clearly onside as Lafferty was in the goal, which counts as active, and a defender at the far side had his foot over the goal line so it was impossible for any Ross County players to be offside.

Also during the same incident, as the ball comes in from the corner, Adao is all over Schalk and starting from the edge of the six yard box and ending up at the goal line Lafferty drags Fontaine to the ground. So not only were the denied a goal they were also denied a penalty.
    The ball never hit the net , so no goal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    No charities were robbed in the creation of this gap.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    The ball never hit the net , so no goal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Also, it wasn't over the line.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Hang on a minute

They are still a mammoth force

Just go to Yackback ( I know I know ) and there's a thread called "Have we broken Celtic "

Very strange breed our pink chums

Its not all about the Yams .... but the fact that their great revival under Mr 460 still sees them trailing us by 9 points has to be cause for a massive GIRFUY ... coz I guarantee if the roles were reversed they wouldn't be letting us off the hook about it.

We have a very nice lead on them just now and in all honesty its a bit of a surprise considering the run of games we have had ... they had to have looked on this last few weeks as a chance to catch us and it certainly hasn't worked out that way. So much so that we are still in contention for 2nd place and they are still in danger of the bottom 6

Before the derby we have Killie away and Hamilton at home.

They have .... Sevco away, Killie home and Motherwell away in the cup on the Sunday.

The trouble with this league is that you cant always go with form, Hibs, St Johnstone and Ross County were all to a greater or lesser degree coupon busters this weekend ... but if we were to draw at Killie and beat Hamilton and they were to lose at Ibrox and draw with Killie we would be going into the derby 12 points ahead of them.

Levin's oh so funny 'natural order' quip could well come back to bite him on the arse big style come derby day ..... Hibs will be up for the game massively off the back of it and they could well be coming into the game after being pumped out the cup by Motherwell. Levin's joke about wishing their goal in the cup match hadn't crossed the line came back to haunt him just a week later against Motherwell. Imagine what an absolute walloper he is going to look if Hibs tear them a new ******** on the 9th of March? ...... I'd pay £50 to get in just to see it happen

I personally cannot wait until the 9th March

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Some poor boy over at 9pointsback is getting pummelled because he suggested Levein's "Natural Order" comment has backfired on them.

Panic is already setting in for the derby with some bottlers already looking for a defensive set up to "spoil" any potential football breaking out.

Pleasing.
    They'd be mental to do anything other than go defensive - and I mean more defensive than Potter's natural set up.

If the next derby turns into a football match they have no chance whatsoever and we will absolutely hammer them.
    Not surprised they're terrified - if Simon Murray put Souttar on his arse imagine what Scott Allan will do.

The title of this thread will attract Gary Locke in more ways than one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Maybe you're taking it too figuratively. Maybe they literally mean evening out the surface at Tynecastle and getting their players used to playing on a flat surface for a change.

Gamer IDs

Give this a nice little bump as we move into double figures above the Jambos this weekend. Honestly won’t be surprised to see us finish as much as 20 above them come the end of the season. Streets ahead of them, they truly are pish, losing to Rangers at Ibrox? That’s child’s play for us.

Not a bad lead over them despite their club record clean sheet streak. Natural order and all that

I think they’ve got a real chance to close the gap... if they finish in the bottom 6. It’s getting tight for them.

Gamer IDs

I won’t be surprised to see Killie over take them. Don’t think they quite belong with the big boys anyway and would be way out their depth.

Mind the gap, saviles.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Give this a nice little bump as we move into double figures above the Jambos this weekend. Honestly won’t be surprised to see us finish as much as 20 above them come the end of the season. Streets ahead of them, they truly are pish, losing to Rangers at Ibrox? That’s child’s play for us.
    They're increasing the gap that matters to their manager though. Another dominant day in the kicking fouling and booking department for the dirtiest cynical team in the league. He'll be delighted.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby