hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big efe

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree mate feels like some.posters on here are happy for us to offload all our players this summer...
    I don't think anyone is happy to offload all our players. Just like you, people are weighing up the various possible scenarios.

Most posters thought that Efe came to Hibs to finalise his residency requirements before moving elsewhere. No-one knows if that's the case or if it ever was, but he could leave.

5 of our squad are not even our players. Allan, Barker, Kamberi, Maclaren and Rherras. Allan was speaking about the possibility of doors opening at Celtic, McGinn we know will be sold at some stage and McGeough hasn't signed the contract he's been offered.

So, that's 8 players whose Hibernian futures are in doubt and you can add David Gray to that list given his recent form and injuries.

Is there any wonder folk are showing signs of concern?
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 21-02-2018 at 09:50 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I don't think anyone is happy to offload all our players. Just like you, people are weighing up the various possible scenarios.

Most posters thought that Efe came to Hibs to finalise his residency requirements before moving elsewhere. No-one knows if that's the case or if it ever was, but he could leave.

5 of our squad are not even our players. Allan, Barker, Kamberi, Maclaren and Rherras. Allan was speaking about the possibility of doors opening at Celtic, McGinn we know will be sold at some stage and McGeough hasn't signed the contract he's been offered.

So, that's 8 players whose Hibernian futures are in doubt and you can add David Gray to that list given his recent form and injuries.

Is there any wonder folk are showing signs of concern?
    Why panic tho?? Just enjoy the team and if players move on we trust Lennon, Craig and Dempster to fund and find adequate replacements...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMrP
    So i have said this about Efe alot, any and everytime he has an "Efe" moment I always feel its down to him trying to play football. By either seeing a pass but his team mates not seeing it so he looks like its a garbage pass, or by simply trying to show his skills!! I might get annoyed in the moment but would rather he has his Efe moments than pump it long and we lose possession. A great player with a great attitude that is Human !!! Just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by hibspayne View Post
    So i have said this about Efe alot, any and everytime he has an "Efe" moment I always feel its down to him trying to play football. By either seeing a pass but his team mates not seeing it so he looks like its a garbage pass, or by simply trying to show his skills!! I might get annoyed in the moment but would rather he has his Efe moments than pump it long and we lose possession. A great player with a great attitude that is Human !!! Just my thoughts

I agree with you.

One of the main attributes of a defender is decision making though - knowing when to play and knowing when to lump it up the park.

It is to Efe's credit that he always wants to play football (and as Hibs fans we should really not have a problem with this). Every now and then though, a lump up the park or into touch is what is needed.

Of all of our previous defenders, Sauzee was the one who played the most football. I don't ever remember him getting caught, and it's not that he didn't take the odd risk - he played some outrageous stuff at times (but got away with it).

Efe gave the ball away once or twice on Saturday down by the corner flag, and in spite of that still managed to put in a top drawer performance. I just have a hunch that he'd be punished for his over-playing at a higher level.

When he's on his game, playing football and getting away with the odd lapse, there is little doubt that he's one of the best, most entertaining players who has ever played for us.

And I'd love him to stay for longer.

It would be great if we could keep this team and manager for one more year. I don't think they'd be a million miles away from putting in a title challenge, especially considering Celtic don't look as invincible as they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I agree with you.

One of the main attributes of a defender is decision making though - knowing when to play and knowing when to lump it up the park.

It is to Efe's credit that he always wants to play football (and as Hibs fans we should really not have a problem with this). Every now and then though, a lump up the park or into touch is what is needed.

Of all of our previous defenders, Sauzee was the one who played the most football. I don't ever remember him getting caught, and it's not that he didn't take the odd risk - he played some outrageous stuff at times (but got away with it).

Efe gave the ball away once or twice on Saturday down by the corner flag, and in spite of that still managed to put in a top drawer performance. I just have a hunch that he'd be punished for his over-playing at a higher level.

When he's on his game, playing football and getting away with the odd lapse, there is little doubt that he's one of the best, most entertaining players who has ever played for us.

And I'd love him to stay for longer.

It would be great if we could keep this team and manager for one more year. I don't think they'd be a million miles away from putting in a title challenge, especially considering Celtic don't look as invincible as they did.
    Great post mate.

Testimonial Due
    I actually think we should try our best to stop using the term “Efe moment” - it’s up there’s with “hibsd it” - just brings negative vibes. Let Efe just get on with it, because I think he’s been brilliant since signing for us. It’s not like he’s the only other defender at club who makes bad errors either. Hanlon I can think of 3 recent times that have led to goals
    Morelos at Easter Road where he’s turned too easily
    The poor header that led to Griffiths goal at parkhead
    And recently again v Motherwell at Easter Road he’s out muscled far too easy for their goal also.

I understand where the saying “Efe moment” comes from, its breeds from his time at Celtic. He’s a hibs player now let’s treat him like the others. IMO

Efe makes no more mistakes than our other defenders, he has been absolutely amazing this season, delighted we have him.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 21-02-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Efe makes no more mistakes than our other defenders, he has been absolutely amazing this season, delighted we have him.
    It's the nature of the mistakes that make his a bit more noticeable - his are normally getting caught in possession trying to play his way out of trouble, or getting caught out of position.

I actually thought he had a really ropey start to the season and after about 5 or 6 games I was up for chucking Porteous in for him.

Since then he has been absolutely superb, whilst still having the odd terrible performance and the odd clanger.

His ability and willingness to drive out from defence in possession has been invaluable at times.
    Last edited by Smartie; 21-02-2018 at 02:34 PM.

I think, as a tribute to Efe, we should all turn up at Saturday's game with the flag of his home country.

Now where would we get one of those.....

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Why panic tho?? Just enjoy the team and if players move on we trust Lennon, Craig and Dempster to fund and find adequate replacements...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Who's panicking?

It's all just speculation. No-one has a crystal ball, but they're entitled to talk about the possibilities, good and bad.

Some folk, like you, are optimistic, some are pessimistic. None of them will be right, but that's the nature of a football forum.

As far as enjoying the team is concerned, I'm loving it and I'm spending a load of time and money doing so. It's great following Hibs these days.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    I actually think we should try our best to stop using the term “Efe moment” - it’s up there’s with “hibsd it” - just brings negative vibes. Let Efe just get on with it, because I think he’s been brilliant since signing for us. It’s not like he’s the only other defender at club who makes bad errors either. Hanlon I can think of 3 recent times that have led to goals
    Morelos at Easter Road where he’s turned too easily
    The poor header that led to Griffiths goal at parkhead
    And recently again v Motherwell at Easter Road he’s out muscled far too easy for their goal also.

I understand where the saying “Efe moment” comes from, its breeds from his time at Celtic. He’s a hibs player now let’s treat him like the others. IMO

Would be great if Efe made it into the Nigeria World Cup squad.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-star-efe-ambrose-sets-12064059

Hibs star Efe Ambrose sets sights on 'greatest achievement' of making Nigeria’s World Cup squad

The former Celtic defender hasn't played for Nigeria for nearly two years but could make the World Cup.

ByAlan Temple

• 14:19, 21 FEB 2018

Efe Ambrose could earn a recall to the Nigeria squad (Image: Getty)Get Daily updates directly to your inbox+ Subscribe
    Efe Ambrose admits being called up to the Nigeria squad for the World Cup would be the greatest achievement of his career.
    The Hibs defender's form at Easter Road has led to Salisu Yusuf potentially recalling him to the squad.

Ambrose hasn't featured for the national side since facing Egypt almost two years ago but he boasts 51 caps and an Africa Cup of Nations winners’ medal.
    The former Celtic centre-back also represented Nigeria at the last World Cup and insists he still has plenty to offer on the biggest stage of all.

Hibernian's Efe Ambrose in action against Motherwell last week (Image: SNS)READ MORE

Ambrose said: "Coming back into the national team would be a great achievement and feeling.
    “To pull on that green-and-white shirt again would be my dream.
    “My country gave me the platform to get to where I am today so representing them again would be the best thing that could happen in my career. There is more I can give and more I can achieve. I will never say never.

“I have achieved so many aspirations with my national team, the Olympics, the Under-20s, the Confederations Cup, winning the Nations Cup and playing in the World Cup . I have a lot of good experiences.
    “I just want to keep my form going and make sure I am in good shape, that is the most important thing. From there it is up to the gaffer to select me.
    “If he sees me playing like I have been and wants to call upon my experience for the World Cup, then why not? That would be my dream, because it has been too long since I was part of the national team.”

Hibernian's Efe Ambrose celebrates the fourth goal (Image: SNS Group)READ MORE

Ambrose reckons he is in the form of his career after making his loan move from the Hoops permanent last summer.
    He impressed in the heart of the Hibs defence earlier this campaign before cutting a composed figure deputising at right-back due to injuries to Steven Whitakker and David Gray.
    As well as revitalising his own career, the 29-year-old has helped Hibs roar to within five points of second-placed Rangers.
    Ambrose said: "This is one of my best (career) moments, playing the way I am right now as part of this team.
    "It is not just about Efe Ambrose, we are in good form as a team and that is helping us to put in the best performances.

Hibs boss Neil Lennon (Image: SNS Group)“There is a bit of competition in the squad and the quality is very high. We have good players, good talent and to be able to match that you have to keep improving and be in the best form you can. If not, the manager (Neil Lennon) will take you and put someone else in.”
    Having lapped up his five years on the books of Celtic, Ambrose has found another place in Scotland to call home.
    He added: “Everyone has responded to me so well - the fans, the staff and all the lads here.
    "They really helped me to settle down. It felt like I went from a home to another home when I went from Celtic to Hibs because I was so welcomed from the moment I stepped in the door."