hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scott Allan, what a player.!

Him, McGinn and McGeouch will pack Easter Road out for the rest of the season. An absolute joy to watch.

Up there with Sauzee, Latapy, The Tornadoes but still got a bit to do to emulate the Famous Five but, boy, they don't half entertain us.

Aberdeen had 20 fouls awarded against them, it was more like 30 with the ones not given, and they should have had at least two (Christie and McLean) off. Opposition's only answer is to stop our players by illegal means.

We'll just have to enjoy it while it lasts. I know I will
    Bravo. Agree 100%

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Absolutely outstanding again. A player that genuinely has you on the she of your seat every time he gets the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to say I was wrong about Allan. It's like he never left.

Allan was outstanding, that individual performance today reminded me of the 4 nil v Huns game at ER where he ran them riot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Have to admit I was a little concerned he wouldnt be the player that left us, but so far so good

Left by mutual consent!
    His short passes in and around box are as good as anyone in league.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    He could be the difference this season.. what a player.. as the OP said all is forgiven just a joy to watch
    He has one turn in the 2nd half was like watching Mess It Took my breath away, Their player had to buy a ticket to get back in, Give McInnes his due he said his side were hammered & got of lightly at 2-0.

Maybe it's just because I'm steaming watching the game for the first time on Alba but Scotty's play could actual make me greet at times

Please get him signed on a permanent deal

@hibs.net private member
    I think he could be even better this time round as the tempo of our play is quicker under Lenny and we have more runners for him to hit with passes. I think we should enjoy Scotty, Dylan and SJM playing together while we can. If we could keep 2 out of those 3 next season I'd be delighted.

@hibs.net private member wandering_hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    I think he could be even better this time round as the tempo of our play is quicker under Lenny and we have more runners for him to hit with passes. I think we should enjoy Scotty, Dylan and SJM playing together while we can. If we could keep 2 out of those 3 next season I'd be delighted.
    I will be amazed if we can achieve that but as one who has followed the team since the early 60's, like others I thought the second half yesterday was one of the most masterful displays from a Hibs midfield. They totally bossed Aberdeen and we really should have had more goals and Aberdeen should have had less players on the pitch by the end.
    I think having seen that display then we have the team that could deliver second place but it will mean that we need to improve our consistency.
    I will be overseas on business for the next few weeks which means that I will unfortunately miss the next 4 games but really looking forward to the end of season.

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    I'd be delighted if we could keep even 1. Sadly, its looking ever more likely at least dylan and mcginn will be away.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    I'd be delighted if we could keep even 1. Sadly, its looking ever more likely at least dylan and mcginn will be away.
    I think it's way too early to tell one way or another. I also guess no ones really in the ITK because there's nothing TO know.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I think it's way too early to tell one way or another. I also guess no ones really in the ITK because there's nothing TO know.
    It is of course too early to tell for sure, however I'd suggest it looks more likely dylan will leave the longer it goes without him signing one of the numerous deals he has been offered recently.

McGinn is almost certainly going to go in the summer, let's be realistic about that.

I'm hopeful allan may be back on loan however

It is of course too early to tell for sure, however I'd suggest it looks more likely dylan will leave the longer it goes without him signing one of the numerous deals he has been offered recently.

McGinn is almost certainly going to go in the summer, let's be realistic about that.

It also depends on how we finish (if you were DM wouldn't you want a shot at a wee European run, especially if JM and SA also want to stay another year as a threesome in that potentially explosive midfield?) , what they get offered from other clubs, how settled they are with their personal circumstances, how impressed they are with Leeann and Neil etc etc.

I know what you're saying about being realistic, but I also read on here it was a certainty SJM had played his last game in a Hibs shirt in December. Football has a habit of surprising us. #glasshalf full

I am delighted to have Allan back despite how he left. You won't catch me booing him like some have. I hope we can work something permanent out in the summer especially with Mcginn and possibly Mcgeouch moving on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We need to use some money to sign him permanently. He fits hibs like a glove so is worth the effort and cash.

Brilliant display and he looks like he's over the moon to be back at Easter Road.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Brilliant display and he looks like he's over the moon to be back at Easter Road.
    The wee head to head with Lenny as he came off looked very positive. He's good for us, and we're good for him. He knows this now.

First Team Regular
    I’m 100% convinced the man is a footballing genius. Less convinced he has the ability to make the right decisions about his future but perhaps NL is the man to give him the tough love/ guidance he needs. Even then there is a difficult negotiation with Celtic who may want a decent sum especially if he plays brilliantly for the remainder of the season.

@hibs.net private member
    Hes our best player right now, I really can’t see us keeping him at the end of the season so just going to enjoy him while he’s here. I think he’s the closest we’ve had to wee Russell since the genius left us.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    The boys a player, just hope it all comes together to make him want to stay with us where he seems to thrive.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Brilliant performance and effort by SA yesterday. Our midfield trio are as good as anything we've had since Sauzee & Latas.

Hibs and the players around him suit SA well but suspect he'll leave us at end of season. Would not be surprised to see the Huns come back in for him - its what they do.

Left by mutual consent!
    Please get him signed up Ms Dempster.

What a player.

He’ll be at ER permanently next season with SJM going the other way

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_F View Post
    What a player.

He’ll be at ER permanently next season with SJM going the other way
    With Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    With Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Scott Allan, what a player.!

Him, McGinn and McGeouch will pack Easter Road out for the rest of the season. An absolute joy to watch.

Up there with Sauzee, Latapy, The Tornadoes but still got a bit to do to emulate the Famous Five but, boy, they don't half entertain us.

Aberdeen had 20 fouls awarded against them, it was more like 30 with the ones not given, and they should have had at least two (Christie and McLean) off. Opposition's only answer is to stop our players by illegal means.

We'll just have to enjoy it while it lasts. I know I will
    I was delighted when Scott Allan signed again and I would love him to stay. It is superb watch those three fantastic players combine, but comparing them to the TT's, Stanton, Edwards & Cropley, apart from everything else, check out the individual goals those three would get in a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    We have to do everything we can to get him in the summer. Brilliant player.
    Apart fro Season ticket purchases and match attendances should the Club consider asking fans for a contrbution to help in the purchase of
    players who improve our performances?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    ^^Nope.

Finish 2nd and we get £2m prize money.

Wages for Allan and Griffiths

I was desperate for Allan to come back all season and said as much several times. He's exactly what we have been missing and if I could see it then I'm not at all surprised Neil Lennon coul as well. Football fans are fickle and I was always sure after a couple of decent performances people would get right behind him and so it has proved.

I'd go as far as to say Allan is one of the most technically gifted players to have played for us in my lifetime.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years