hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Never mind and just Hibs, am I way out of touch in thinking if he keeps these kinds of performances up that he should be given his first cap for Scotland at some point? I’m a big fan of the midfield we have to choose from for the national team but Allan surely won’t get over looked if he keeps his Ibrox/today’s performance levels up!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought he played well and his work rate is miles better than last time. He is still guilty of playing the harder pass when an easier one could have been at least as advantageous. I wasn't sure about him resigning given his form for Dundee but he has been very good both games. He has undoubted quality but perhaps most importantly we look like a team with a shape now. We have struggled away despite our lack of shape at times but even though the personnel changed today we looked to have players in comfortable positions for them and in good areas for us. The running the front two did today also gave Scott a chance to find some good passes.
    But this is what makes him the player he is... and the one I want to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Won't ever forgive him for the way he tried to leave the first time around
    That’s twice you’ve said that in the past week. I will NEVER forgive you for this!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Scott Allan and Hibs...go together like a pie and a pint. Whisky and cigar. Wine and cheese. Levein and suppositories.

Happy days.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    That’s twice you’ve said that in the past week. I will NEVER forgive you for this!
    I was actually giving him credit in that moving on and forgetting about it may be a good thing to do, but on you go

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Scotty and Hibs are made for each other...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    But this is what makes him the player he is... and the one I want to watch.
    I get that and I'm not saying he should play it safe. There was one break today where he could have rolled in Boyle for a shot on goal and he chose to play a reverse ball and we lost possession. It's probably a goal if his pass finds the target but it wasn't the right ball as it had such a small chance of success against the almost guaranteed shot on goal from the simpler ball.

It's a balancing act and he got it right far more often that he got it wrong today. He is a very good passer of the ball and some of the two and three yard balls he plays are terrific. He is more than capable of opening up teams with the easier to play balls.

He was been very good in both games so far and he looks like he will be a very good signing. I was very critical of his work rate in his last spell but I have been impressed by the way he has applied himself. Those "woe is me" moments when he lost the ball are completely gone and he is really working hard when he does make a mistake.

Left by mutual consent!
    From Scott Allan's first interview with Hibs TV he seemed to already be looking to stay at Hibs long term when the subject of returning to Celtic came up.

With age has probably came the realisation that ER is the best place for him for his career.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I get that and I'm not saying he should play it safe. There was one break today where he could have rolled in Boyle for a shot on goal and he chose to play a reverse ball and we lost possession. It's probably a goal if his pass finds the target but it wasn't the right ball as it had such a small chance of success against the almost guaranteed shot on goal from the simpler ball.

It's a balancing act and he got it right far more often that he got it wrong today. He is a very good passer of the ball and some of the two and three yard balls he plays are terrific. He is more than capable of opening up teams with the easier to play balls.

He was been very good in both games so far and he looks like he will be a very good signing. I was very critical of his work rate in his last spell but I have been impressed by the way he has applied himself. Those "woe is me" moments when he lost the ball are completely gone and he is really working hard when he does make a mistake.
    can't argue with any of that... but you can't fault a trier and I look forward to more of the unexpected

Won't ever forgive him for the way he tried to leave the first time around.

More performances like today and I'll be happy to forget, though. Top drawer performance.
    Don't tell him. He will be gutted. Excellent player

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    can't argue with any of that... but you can't fault a trier and I look forward to more of the unexpected

I think it's one of the things that makes him so tricky to play against - you're never quite sure what he's going to do.

Today he was playing folk in down the channels, floating balls in, reverse balls, dinks, driven passes.
    And the best bit is it looks like he and the rest of the team are working hard in training to make sure it isn't unexpected to the other guys in Hibs jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    From Scott Allan's first interview with Hibs TV he seemed to already be looking to stay at Hibs long term when the subject of returning to Celtic came up.

With age has probably came the realisation that ER is the best place for him for his career.
    What did he say exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    I don't know if you have misunderstood what I mean. I'm trying to explain why a guy who can hardly get a game for Dundee is now a standout player for hibs. I think he's great, I'm not slagging the guy...
    Check Dundee forums, they said he was their best player!

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    What we have been missing, the ability to unlock a defence with one pass!

Won't ever forgive him for the way he tried to leave the first time around.

More performances like today and I'll be happy to forget, though. Top drawer performance.

Dearie me 😑

Allan heavily involved in the creation of both our goals today. In other news, water is wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Absolutely. He’d be a fantastic signing.I’m sure he’d be delighted to stay with us as well.
    LOL just like last time He will go where the money is.

The missing link, sublime. The balance in midfield since he has come back is so evident.

I don't care how he left, he got offered a lot more cash. I only care that he's back, we should do everything we can to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post

I agree with this statement wholeheartiedly, however I abolsutebly adore Scott. He is the epitome of the type of player I wish to see in a Hibs strip, I think he is terrific and is a joy to watch. Complete footballing genious. Skill kills.

Allan done what anyone would have done at the time. His boyhood hero’s came in for him he wanted to go triple his wage and sadly it went a bit sour.

Nothing to forgive for me, and he’s the best player at Hibs. His pace and drive when he has the ball along with his vision is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Like every other player. And same as every job. Get offered loads more elsewhere, who wouldn't be off

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

We look a more balanced team and more threatening up front since Stokesy left and Allan came in.

Super Super Player that is a joy to watch and see in a Hibs jersey. Forget everything in the past, the guy is playing for us and he is is brilliant, take it, appreciate it and enjoy. There is no subsitute for skill.

Blog Entries
    I felt the same as everyone when Scott Allan left the way he did. I was indifferent to his coming back but I’ve no problem in eating a wee portion of humble pie. I think we’re good for him and there’s no question he’s good for us. He was outstanding today, surrounded by good players, allowing him to express himself. I’ll back him all the way till the end of the season and, who knows, he might become a Hib’s legend.

@hibs.net private member
    If you were an EFL championship bottom half manager watching him over the last two games you'd be signing him. Pure and simples.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I felt the same as everyone when Scott Allan left the way he did. I was indifferent to his coming back but I’ve no problem in eating a wee portion of humble pie. I think we’re good for him and there’s no question he’s good for us. He was outstanding today, surrounded by good players, allowing him to express himself. I’ll back him all the way till the end of the season and, who knows, he might become a Hib’s legend.
    Hibs fans are good for him, mate. We're open to his type of football and are patient enough to realise some of his passes won't come off but we still admire the vision. It depresses me how many Scottish clubs just want to see the ball punted forward.

Have forgotten all the politics from his last stint. Hope he stays. Some jaw dropping stuff from him today.

Will never be able to forgive him for...that 90s boy-band barnet.
    Apart from that, all good. As many have said Hibs and him just seem to fit and long may that continue.

Scott Allan, what a player.!

Him, McGinn and McGeouch will pack Easter Road out for the rest of the season. An absolute joy to watch.

Up there with Sauzee, Latapy, The Tornadoes but still got a bit to do to emulate the Famous Five but, boy, they don't half entertain us.

Aberdeen had 20 fouls awarded against them, it was more like 30 with the ones not given, and they should have had at least two (Christie and McLean) off. Opposition's only answer is to stop our players by illegal means.

We'll just have to enjoy it while it lasts. I know I will

His ability has never been in doubt. A class act.
    What he needs to decide is what is more important.
    Money? He stays at Celtic.
    Being happy playing in a free flowing football team and fans that adore him? He stays with us via transfer.

Come on Scotty. You know it makes sense!!

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd pay double the cash to watch Scott Allan in that form. The feel good factor is back.