hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Hibs v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2,000 seats in the three home stands equates to 1 in every 8 seats being empty. That was easily the case, have a look at the photos.

As I said, it's entirely up to the people who buy the tickets if they don't go to the game but there's no point pretending the home stands were anywhere near full. I enjoyed the game immensely and the atmosphere was still really good.
    Sorry I know you weren’t having a go by the way, looking at the pics I’d say just under 2,000 no more. More than I thought when I was at the game to be fair.

2. Log in to remove the advert

These were taken thirty minutes into the first half. If the number of empty seats was repeated in the West Stand, I'd have said that was a couple of thousand easily.

Attachment 20204
    Attachment 20205
    Attachment 20206
    That only looks about 5-600 at most for me. The West looked more or less full from where I am in the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Sorry I know you weren’t having a go by the way, looking at the pics I’d say just under 2,000 no more. More than I thought when I was at the game to be fair.

Anyway, very good attendance and fantastic result. I'm sure we all agree on that

Main Stand is pretty much full so that's 6500 accounted for. About 2800 in the FF, 5500 in the East and probably 3000+ in the South.

I'd have thought comfortably between 17.5k and 18k.

Coaching Staff
    Lets just say its a lot more than use to attend at times in the 1980s core 8000 in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Lets just say its a lot more than use to attend at times in the 1980s core 8000 in those days.
    Don’t forget we were getting 8-9000 in the first Championship season under Stubbsy.

Quote Originally Posted by YehButNoBut View Post
    Fair play to McInnes

Posted at17:30
    Hibs 'murdered' Dons - McInnes

FT: Hibernian 2-0 Aberdeen

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes tells BBC Scotland: "Even though the score was 2-0, I thought we got murdered today.
    "The player who took responsibility was in a green and white shirt. They won more tackles, they were brighter, had a better appetite than us.
    "You can sometimes accept when you haven't played well but you still see us taking responsibility for it.
    "I didn't think we did that enough, which is unusual for us. We were lucky to get away with two.

He's a decent bloke McInnes hence the reason he knocked back sevco. Also quoted Lennon saying how bad we played at Pittodrie. I'm sure Potter would have come up with a million excuses for being outplayed like that. Too many managers insult fans intelligence after a battering. Jack Ross was also very good after St mirren got pumped by livi and accepted they were outplayed. Refreshing to see. BTW yesterday even more impressive given all the players we were missing.
    Last edited by mjhibby; 18-02-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Wasn't having a go so apologies if it came across a bit arsey. When the club post "game sold out" then some, like myself, won't bother trying to get along. Don't think there were 2-3000 empty seats but there was a lot in the east. Don't understand it.
    You don't try coz you think its sold out? odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Wasn't having a go so apologies if it came across a bit arsey. When the club post "game sold out" then some, like myself, won't bother trying to get along. Don't think there were 2-3000 empty seats but there was a lot in the east. Don't understand it.
    Just as a matter of interest where, and when, did the club post "game sold out"?

I would always give the ticket office a quick call if you want a ticket for the match if in any doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Outstanding today. That starting eleven played like a settled side who know each other inside out.
    All the guys seemed at ease with Scott Allan in the team. With the excellent link up play and running of kamberi and mclaren we look like a machine going forward. Just superb to watch and both forwards not fully fit. Should be a cracking end to the season. Take each game as it comes but we should be looking at picking up points in every game and let's see where it takes us. I hope we can play like that on Mar 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Just as a matter of interest where, and when, did the club post "game sold out"?

I would always give the ticket office a quick call if you want a ticket for the match if in any doubt.
    They didn't...

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Two great wins on the bounce. I will be even more delighted once we’ve put a team or two to the sword that sit in. The last two the opposition have had a go at times in the match and left space in the middle of the park for Scott Allan to exploit. He won’t get that in most games and will undoubtably he booted from bix to box.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    They didn't...
    They did...

https://twitter.com/hibsofficial/sta...51966600937472

You don't try coz you think its sold out? odd.
    They didn't...

I work weekends and find it hard to get along. I take some annual leave, rarely, to get to a game but sometimes don't know till very late on if it can be covered.

As for "They didn't" post it was sold out I suggest you check the clubs official Twitter page. They state the game was "officially sold out."

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post

Thanks. I will definitely do this in the future rather than believe the official Twitter page.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    I dont get the people on here who seem surprised that there are empty seats dotted about the home stands. The club have stated previously that roughly ten per cent of season ticket holders dont attend every home match,bigger matches will be less There are many reasons for people not using their season ticket for any given home match and the same logic can be applied to every club up and down the country. It almost feels as if some people cant help but knock our own support at times . The game sold out and some season ticket holders couldnt make it , just get over it and try appreciating the support we have , instead of banging on about a situation every other club worldwide experiences.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    I dont get the people on here who seem surprised that there are empty seats dotted about the home stands. The club have stated previously that roughly ten per cent of season ticket holders dont attend every home match,bigger matches will be less There are many reasons for people not using their season ticket for any given home match and the same logic can be applied to every club up and down the country. It almost feels as if some people cant help but knock our own support at times . The game sold out and some season ticket holders couldnt make it , just get over it and try appreciating the support we have , instead of banging on about a situation every other club worldwide experiences.
    Looks like we didn’t sell tickets in section 31?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Looks like we didn’t sell tickets in section 31?

I wad referring to the 3 home stands where season tickets are sold

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I wad referring to the 3 home stands where season tickets are sold
    I know you were, but was just wondering why we didn’t sell in this section ?

[QUOTE=Billy Whizz;5319635]I know you were, but was just wondering why we didn’t sell in this section ?

Not sure why , i wondered wether hibs had used that section to make good the damaged seats elsewhere in the stand from the old firms visit. There were lots of damaged seats , so maybe a stop gap fix?

Off topic but suday mail got us on 38 pionts

2,000 seats in the three home stands equates to 1 in every 8 seats being empty. That was easily the case, have a look at the photos.

As I said, it's entirely up to the people who buy the tickets if they don't go to the game but there's no point pretending the home stands were anywhere near full. I enjoyed the game immensely and the atmosphere was still really good.

I sit in the East and it looked fairly packed to me, remember people move around all during the match for toilets, getting food etc, so it really can be misleading when pics are taken, big Gary who sits next to me didn't come back after the half time break, many reasons for seats being empty.

I’am going off my heid or has the sunday mail printed the league tables from 3 weeks ago

Also it is a school holidays so plenty of hibby families will be away in sunnier climates. If your away for a week, which most people do, then you would have missed the dons game.