hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Lens replacement surgery

Anyone had this done? I was wanting laser surgery but it is not possible and lens replacement is the only option. It will give me good distance viewing but will need reading glasses.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone had this done? I was wanting laser surgery but it is not possible and lens replacement is the only option. It will give me good distance viewing but will need reading glasses.
    Yes but im not the person to give advice really. Mine went drastically wrong. All i'd advise anybody is to weigh up the risks before any op. I was unlucky, thousands would have got it done on the same day as me and it all went well,the surgeon may never go through the trauma of my op in her career ever again but that doesn't help me.
    I got it done in both eyes. One is decent, still needs a reading lens (i actually have a distance lens too but thats because they chose the wrong one for me) but i find i dont see as well in the dark with it, i know one other woman who says the same.
    If it aint broke dont fix it.
    Sorry i cant be more positive.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    Yes but im not the person to give advice really. Mine went drastically wrong. All i'd advise anybody is to weigh up the risks before any op. I was unlucky, thousands would have got it done on the same day as me and it all went well,the surgeon may never go through the trauma of my op in her career ever again but that doesn't help me.
    I got it done in both eyes. One is decent, still needs a reading lens (i actually have a distance lens too but thats because they chose the wrong one for me) but i find i dont see as well in the dark with it, i know one other woman who says the same.
    If it aint broke dont fix it.
    Sorry i cant be more positive.
    Have you ever thought of writing a country and western song

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Have you ever thought of writing a country and western song
    Thats not even the half of it :) i didnt even mention the stitches in my eye

@hibs.net private member
    Or them using a scalpel to slice my eyball open to relieve the pressure behind my eye the next day

@hibs.net private member
    Or.....okay I'll stop

Left by mutual consent!
    It's OK I have watched several videos of the procedure.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I’ve no idea why people get things like this or laser eye surgery done unless it is absolutely necessary. Is wearing specs that bad in the grand scheme of things?

On a similar note to some of Mrs S’s story, a lady at work is having to get monthly injections in her eyes to stop something getting worse (a blocked artery maybe). Last month’s one didn’t go well. The guy encountered calcification apparently so pushed harder to get through it and ended up hitting a nerve which made my colleague jump (as it would). The needle snapped and got lost in her eye and her eye filled up with blood!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I was having a pleasant relaxing morning in my hotel room until I opened this thread.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I’ve no idea why people get things like this or laser eye surgery done unless it is absolutely necessary. Is wearing specs that bad in the grand scheme of things?

On a similar note to some of Mrs S’s story, a lady at work is having to get monthly injections in her eyes to stop something getting worse (a blocked artery maybe). Last month’s one didn’t go well. The guy encountered calcification apparently so pushed harder to get through it and ended up hitting a nerve which made my colleague jump (as it would). The needle snapped and got lost in her eye and her eye filled up with blood!

I was awake on the operating table and the back of my eye burst. It all went a bit mental after that. The next 4 months were some of the worst of my life. Hourly steroid drops,stitch removal,constant pain and of course accepting my lack of sight in that eye. The 24 hours after it was horrendous with me having to get rushed back in barely conscious. Bonus is I now have a spectacularly enlarged pupil which is kinda funky 😁