hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are u on about??? Peoples opinions on a football forum will have zero relevance to McGinns value at the time of his transfer if/when it comes, don’t know why it upsets u so much.
    My my my, & I thought I was the angry one? (see that, managed tae only use ONE question mark) who’s upset here, big boy?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    What are u on about??? Peoples opinions on a football forum will have zero relevance to McGinns value at the time of his transfer if/when it comes, don’t know why it upsets u so much.
    Why does it upset you so much? The majors merely talking up an extremely talented and very hard working Hibernian player who might be transferred in the summer. He's keen to see our club land as much as we can and I agree with him that SJM is worth much more than than some of the doom and gloom merchants are predicting.

mon the cabbage!!!

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=lgnsh70;5320237]Why does it upset you so much? The majors merely talking up an extremely talented and very hard working Hibernian player who might be transferred in the summer. He's keen to see our club land as much as we can and I agree with him that SJM is worth much more than than some of the doom and gloom merchants are predicting.

It doesn’t upset me, force of habit when using punctuation unfortunately. The point I was making is that no1s opinion here will have any bearing on any transfer so why did it upset the poster to see people give their opinion which is obviously lower than his/hers, previous post on this thread show Major to be upset about it.

Coaching Staff
    Ah the happy clappers v the doom and gloom merchants, what fun. Lets be honest no one knows what he will go for.

[QUOTE=Keyser Sauzee;5320249]
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    Why does it upset you so much? The majors merely talking up an extremely talented and very hard working Hibernian player who might be transferred in the summer. He's keen to see our club land as much as we can and I agree with him that SJM is worth much more than than some of the doom and gloom merchants are predicting.

It doesn’t upset me, force of habit when using punctuation unfortunately. The point I was making is that no1s opinion here will have any bearing on any transfer so why did it upset the poster to see people give their opinion which is obviously lower than his/hers, previous post on this thread show Major to be upset about it.
    Upset? Nah! Inebriated? Possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Forgive me. I forgot to attend my anger management class, & also have not had even 1 pessimism pill today! Hopefully the morn I’ll be back on track, where Hibs deserve nowt & the Scottish league is so far below everything that decent transfer fees are absolute pie in the sky, then I can rejoin all you happy bunnies, I really want to get back on your John McGinn is worth peanuts bandwagon again so much!
    No one is saying he’s not worth £5m, folk are pointing out with what’s left of his contract be very surprising if we got more than half that. McGinn is a cracking player who I think would do well down south including West Ham “if” that’s where he ended up. Really don’t get why you got so angry though?

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Ah the happy clappers v the doom and gloom merchants, what fun. Lets be honest no one knows what he will go for.
    Exactly, it’s pure guesswork from everyone including me. No one has a clue if he will go for millions but we can debate it. Well some can 😁

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Wigan ??

I didnt even know he could play rugby league.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    No one is saying he’s not worth £5m, folk are pointing out with what’s left of his contract be very surprising if we got more than half that. McGinn is a cracking player who I think would do well down south including West Ham “if” that’s where he ended up. Really don’t get why you got so angry though?
    As my young son always texts hahaha. Where indeed are ye’se all getting this “anger” from. As anybody left who doesnae have me on ignore on here kens, there’s not a lot serious posted, & depending on the day & time, there’s sober posts, & the opposite. But seriously, where are ye getting the anger from?

@hibs.net private member
    As my young son always texts hahaha. Where indeed are ye’se all getting this “anger” from. As anybody left who doesnae have me on ignore on here kens, there’s not a lot serious posted, & depending on the day & time, there’s sober posts, & the opposite. But seriously, where are ye getting the anger from?
    Post number 86 on this thread, that’s where.

Post number 86 on this thread, that’s where.
    Ok, you’se are touchy on that one, & I probs could’ve chosen my words better, but IMO underselling or talking about underselling John McGinn really isnae in Hibs best interests, but as someone else alll in Green sometimes says, “you don’t want to see me angry”. Just my opinion, but loose talk even on a Hibs website, about how little our possibly most valuable asset, who will be getting sold soon, as we all know, really does NO favours for Hibs. But this is a website, which doesnae really make me angry. Sorry.

It was from that post from earlier on, really did seem you were going off on one. If not then apologies, but the way you were having a go at guys who were just giving their opinion on what he may go for seemed a bit strong.

Thing is I think most would agree with you that he’s worth a good few million in this market. What makes it crap is his contract is running down and like it or not even though I think the Scottish game is hugely underrated and under valued we won’t get what we should or would if we were an English club.

It was from that post from earlier on, really did seem you were going off on one. If not then apologies, but the way you were having a go at guys who were just giving their opinion on what he may go for seemed a bit strong.

Thing is I think most would agree with you that he’s worth a good few million in this market. What makes it crap is his contract is running down and like it or not even though I think the Scottish game is hugely underrated and under valued we won’t get what we should or would if we were an English club.
    I ken aw that, Cat, but when ye flog yer car, dae ye go on about the fact it’s been run in Scotland where salt every winter leads tae rapid corrosion compared tae Spain? (Sellin my bike soon, zero corrosion, minimal rain, only run in Spain, interested?) I just dinnae see the sense in talkin somethin V. good, (Jonn McGinn, Honda Fireblade) doon when ye want tae sell, unless ye just want tae lose money!

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I ken aw that, Cat, but when ye flog yer car, dae ye go on about the fact it’s been run in Scotland where salt every winter leads tae rapid corrosion compared tae Spain? (Sellin my bike soon, zero corrosion, minimal rain, only run in Spain, interested?) I just dinnae see the sense in talkin somethin V. good, (Jonn McGinn, Honda Fireblade) doon when ye want tae sell, unless ye just want tae lose money!
    Major you do realise Hibs have a decent size fanbase in England? Could you possibly write in an english we might understand. Thank you

Haha I get what your saying I really do. Fair dos for what I’ll say is “passion” for the Scottish game. We can talk it up though but it won’t change what he goes for. Although it’s it only £4m I think you can come back on and run everyone’s nose in it 😁

Assuming that Wigan could afford McGinn, why would he want to sign for the Pie Munchers?

They had a decent spell in the Premier League up to 2013 but are probably a natural third tier team. They have been relegated three times since their Cup win in 2013 and promoted once. They seem to be yo-yo-ing between Championship and League One. Even assuming they make promotion this year, they will be a fair bet to go down again.

Their usual home attendance seems to be around 8,000 who a rattling around in a 25,000 capacity stadium, whose main purpose is Rugby League. That should make for a great playing surface now that the Super League season has started at least once Wigan Warriors come back from Australia.

Testimonial Due

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    yes lets stop stressing and enjoy our magnificient midfield for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Major you do realise Hibs have a decent size fanbase in England? Could you possibly write in an english we might understand. Thank you
    Is Irvine Welsh on here?

Left by mutual consent!
    Unfortunately for us to continue as we are as like all clubs players come and go and as much as I would love SJM to stay the money we get will be vital to keep the club heading in right direction.

Money used to retain and recruit.

First Team Breakthrough timewilltell's Avatar

Goodness... what language is this written in... ?

Quote Originally Posted by timewilltell View Post
    Goodness... what language is this written in... ?
    Leith

Just arrived in Wigan, changing trains on the way to Salford, and I've been very un-reliably informed by a jackey on the platform that SJM is a huge northern soul fan and was spotted house hunting just off Wigan High Street....

I, for one, am happy to trust Leeann, George and Neil to do the absolute best for us between now and whatever date SJM departs to a bigger club and better wages.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    I must be in the minority who think that having 1 year left on your contract is fine and a good time to sell.
    There are teams out there who do not want to wait 6 months or another year to get their player.
    John mcginn is a different kind of midfielder to most we see offers so much and can only see his value increase not go down if hibs finish strongly as we all hope.
    I still think Celtic will come in for him ..West ham are clearly interested and I would be astonished if one or two others from EPL were not sniffing around .
    Lennon was not daft quoting 5 million he never plucked the figure out of the air personally I think it bang on the money but 4.5 m would seal the deal .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Opinions opinions 1m+ so £1.25m say for a young double trophy winner whom won these not playing for OF. A guy who is now an international. £5m is a very very good price £1.25m would be the laughable figure
    As far as I know, the transfer fee relates to contract length and the package he's on. Go back to 'THAT' Craig Gordon transfer (and I pick that as it's been the most ridiculous for me in recent years), he only left them for £9M because he was on £15k p/w and had 3 years left on the contract, on his previous package he would have left for £1M.

For an international, 2 cups in 5 years, and the pin in the middle of a top 4 team, I'd hope we could scoop £2M ... gutted that 30% heads to St Mirren.

Anyway, no matter who offers what, he needs to want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Stone View Post
    As far as I know, the transfer fee relates to contract length and the package he's on. Go back to 'THAT' Craig Gordon transfer (and I pick that as it's been the most ridiculous for me in recent years), he only left them for £9M because he was on £15k p/w and had 3 years left on the contract, on his previous package he would have left for £1M.

For an international, 2 cups in 5 years, and the pin in the middle of a top 4 team, I'd hope we could scoop £2M ... gutted that 30% heads to St Mirren.

Anyway, no matter who offers what, he needs to want to go.
    Contact length is a big influence, but it's only part of the equation. He's worth whatever someone is willing to pay and if there are multiple clubs involved in the bidding process then we'll get a very decent fee.

Coaching Staff
    Pure guess work on my part, but I think his ambition far exceeds going to Wigan.

Left by mutual consent!
    He isn't worth what anyone will pay for him or we would have sold him to Notts Forest. The club have a value that needs matched at least. He is worth what Hibs think is right not buying club.

So Paul Hanlon is say wanted by a club and they offer 100k is that his worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    He isn't worth what anyone will pay for him or we would have sold him to Notts Forest. The club have a value that needs matched at least. He is worth what Hibs think is right not buying club.

So Paul Hanlon is say wanted by a club and they offer 100k is that his worth?
    If he's worth more to us than 100k then he's worth more than 100k. It's not very complicated.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Exactly, it’s pure guesswork from everyone including me. No one has a clue if he will go for millions but we can debate it. Well some can 😁

I do. I have the number written on a piece of paper in a locked drawer in my desk.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I do. I have the number written on a piece of paper in a locked drawer in my desk.
    ala Alex Cameron of the Record was it, kept coming out with I have the name of the next Rangers manager locked in my office drawer. Dear oh dear appalling journalism isnt a new invention.