hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    U
    Your what’s wrong, sorry, that’s foolish! (we're unlikely to get any more than £1M for him) go support the charity thieves if you think SJM is worth 1M. That, sorry, is not a position a Hibs supporter should be anywhere near. Dunno what you are.
    Sound. There's a space on the bus tae Dingwall the day if ye fancy it?

We're leaving early doors, mind. Should maybe get tae yer bed.
    Last edited by Stevie Reid; 17-02-2018 at 12:10 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    U
    Your what’s wrong, sorry, that’s foolish! (we're unlikely to get any more than £1M for him) go support the charity thieves if you think SJM is worth 1M. That, sorry, is not a position a Hibs supporter should be anywhere near. Dunno what you are.
    a bit over dramatic?

U
    Just absolute anger all over this post! He gave his thoughts on what may happen and btw it could happen, and you have lost it for some strange reason. We all want the best for Hibs, and we’d all love the £5m some folk think he’d go for. I still think the best we’d get is around £2.5m and that’s the very most. Hopefully we have more than one team who comes in and they can compete with the bidding.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Just absolute anger all over this post! He gave his thoughts on what may happen and btw it could happen, and you have lost it for some strange reason. We all want the best for Hibs, and we’d all love the £5m some folk think he’d go for. I still think the best we’d get is around £2.5m and that’s the very most. Hopefully we have more than one team who comes in and they can compete with the bidding.
    Indeed.

I honestly think he is worth as a player about £10m that is my opinion. We will not get offered that due to circumstances that everyone knows Scottish clubs need to sell and cannot knock back offers to often in case interest is lost. So unfortunately we will likely get what you suggest Cat which for me is beyond a bargain.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    When did someone outside the OF last sell a player for 5 million? Scottish football isn’t thought of highly enough in the football world for it to happen. We’ll get a couple of million for SJM. I hope he stays though.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Great article about McGinn.

http://bit.ly/2o6qhzH

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We in our country from the top down, seem to do our best to belittle our game. We seem to talk down anything that's good about it and highlight the bad.

Pundits, papers even supporters, yes it's because we live next door to our cash rich neighbours, but it really needs to stop.

There are some great games every week, and some poor, just like in England. We have some terrific players too, in every team, and crowds are actually rising.

Yes England has all the exposure they want, but lets not keep talking our game down, and lets start promoting it better starting with our own fans.

And let's stop comparing our game with them, we won't have any teams that can compete, but we do have players who can play in their top league in my opinion.

John McGinn in my opinion could play in an Everton or a West Ham, will he, we will need to wait and see.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Great article about McGinn.

http://bit.ly/2o6qhzH
    Great article from John. When he does move on, he will go with the best of wishes and will never be forgotten - modern day club legend who was instrumental in bringing us the cup.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    We in our country from the top down, seem to do our best to belittle our game. We seem to talk down anything that's good about it and highlight the bad.

Pundits, papers even supporters, yes it's because we live next door to our cash rich neighbours, but it really needs to stop.

There are some great games every week, and some poor, just like in England. We have some terrific players too, in every team, and crowds are actually rising.

Yes England has all the exposure they want, but lets not keep talking our game down, and lets start promoting it better starting with our own fans.

And let's stop comparing our game with them, we won't have any teams that can compete, but we do have players who can play in their top league in my opinion.

John McGinn in my opinion could play in an Everton or a West Ham, will he, we will need to wait and see.
    Brilliant post.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!

Good shout

Sunday Mail reporting that West Ham are back in for McGinn.

That should guarentee a fee north of £3.5m

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieCowan View Post

Shock horror!!! Media already trying to break up our fantastic 3 of a midfield less than 24hours after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Shock horror!!! Media already trying to break up our fantastic 3 of a midfield less than 24hours after the game.
    Unfortunately it's looking like we will be lucky to be able to watch even one of those 3 in a hibs short next season.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    I will amazed if there is not lot more interest drive the price up

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Well they can't break it up this season so let's do The Rangers and Aberdeen while all here

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    Unfortunately it's looking like we will be lucky to be able to watch even one of those 3 in a hibs short next season.
    Thats my worry, we could realistically lose all 3 in the summer.

Left by mutual consent!

Good. Glad its a top tier club can only be a good thing as he was always leaving either that last window or the summer one. Hopefully get a decent fee to retain players and add.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Good. Glad its a top tier club can only be a good thing as he was always leaving either that last window or the summer one. Hopefully get a decent fee to retain players and add.
    But but but we will be lucky to get over 2M, it’s obvious, it’s what happens, we’re only Hibs & we’re only in Scotland, but but but

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    John wont get much game time at West Ham or any other EPL team for that matter, much better he signs for a Championship side if he moves down south. Obviously from our point of view it would probably mean less money, so it depends on how you are looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    John wont get much game time at West Ham or any other EPL team for that matter, much better he signs for a Championship side if he moves down south. Obviously from our point of view it would probably mean less money, so it depends on how you are looking at it.
    If he gets the chance to move to a decent sized team in the Premier League he should take it. Worst case scenario he’d end up out at a Championship team on loan anyway.

It’s all about being in the right place at the right time. The EPL is littered with midfield players who are completely average, play a hundred passes a game without actually doing anything. He could absolutely handle it if he got a chance.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    But but but we will be lucky to get over 2M, it’s obvious, it’s what happens, we’re only Hibs & we’re only in Scotland, but but but
    there have been no bids made so we might not get anywhere near the reported fee

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    If he gets the chance to move to a decent sized team in the Premier League he should take it. Worst case scenario he’d end up out at a Championship team on loan anyway.

It’s all about being in the right place at the right time. The EPL is littered with midfield players who are completely average, play a hundred passes a game without actually doing anything. He could absolutely handle it if he got a chance.
    Its popular to knock the EPL but i'll put my tin hat on here, love him as much as I do SJM isnt good enough for a regular berth in an EPL side. He'll go the same way as Jaseif he signs for the wrong club. He wont get a regular start at West Ham.

Time will tell.

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumlanrig View Post
    Provincial = from the Provinces!
    Hibs and Yams are the capital clubs all others are “provincial”
    Sorry for being a pedant !!
    Glad you made that point! Saved me doing it!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    there have been no bids made so we might not get anywhere near the reported fee
    Forgive me. I forgot to attend my anger management class, & also have not had even 1 pessimism pill today! Hopefully the morn I’ll be back on track, where Hibs deserve nowt & the Scottish league is so far below everything that decent transfer fees are absolute pie in the sky, then I can rejoin all you happy bunnies, I really want to get back on your John McGinn is worth peanuts bandwagon again so much!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Its popular to knock the EPL but i'll put my tin hat on here, love him as much as I do SJM isnt good enough for a regular berth in an EPL side. He'll go the same way as Jaseif he signs for the wrong club. He wont get a regular start at West Ham.

Time will tell.
    I disagree, i think he could get plenty of game time at a club like West Ham, in fact i think he could force his way into many of the teams at the bottom 10 clubs in the EPL.

Time will tell.
    Right at this moment he might not be.

But the only way he is going to become good enough is if he gets the chance to develop at that level. There are a hell of a lot of players who have played well in the EPL having previously played at lower levels. Look at some of the players that play at Burnley for instance. Or the majority of the Bournemouth team who were playing in League One a few years ago.

There are plenty who could go in and develop in to good players at that level and I think McGinn is one of who has the attributes to do it. Andy Robertson is the prime example. It’s just about getting the chance.

@hibs.net private member
    Forgive me. I forgot to attend my anger management class, & also have not had even 1 pessimism pill today! Hopefully the morn I’ll be back on track, where Hibs deserve nowt & the Scottish league is so far below everything that decent transfer fees are absolute pie in the sky, then I can rejoin all you happy bunnies, I really want to get back on your John McGinn is worth peanuts bandwagon again so much!
    What are u on about??? Peoples opinions on a football forum will have zero relevance to McGinns value at the time of his transfer if/when it comes, don’t know why it upsets u so much.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Right at this moment he might not be.

But the only way he is going to become good enough is if he gets the chance to develop at that level. There are a hell of a lot of players who have played well in the EPL having previously played at lower levels. Look at some of the players that play at Burnley for instance. Or the majority of the Bournemouth team who were playing in League One a few years ago.

There are plenty who could go in and develop in to good players at that level and I think McGinn is one of who has the attributes to do it. Andy Robertson is the prime example. It’s just about getting the chance.
    A lot of truth in there mate, especially about Andy Robertson who has been superb since moving South and really grown beyond all recognition as a player. Im still not sure about John in the EPL though, I think he would be better served signing for a championship club where i feel he would get game time.

I disagree, i think he could get plenty of game time at a club like West Ham, in fact i think he could force his way into many of the teams at the bottom 10 clubs in the EPL.
    Time will tell mate but I have to say I disagree.

A lot of truth in there mate, especially about Andy Robertson who has been superb since moving South and really grown beyond all recognition as a player. Im still not sure about John in the EPL though, I think he would be better served signing for a championship club where i feel he would get game time.
    I’d just say that if he gets a chance to go to a Premier League side he should take it as it might not come up again. If it doesn’t work out he’d get his move to the Championship anyway, purely on the basis that he is a Premier League player. If he has 4 good games they’ll be talking about him being worth 30 million as that’s generally what happens down there.