hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Yogi wants the Scotland job..

2. Log in to remove the advert

Why not? I reckon he would do a fine job.

He couldn't resist the gold dust line though eh? 😂

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    He just wants another chance to chuck wine at Petrie.

"Just get me in the same room as Rod, that's all I'm asking..."

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    He was extremely tactically naive against Maribor when we were in Europe. He'll need to habe matured a lot to combat foreign coaches with different systems to what he's used to.

What's he going to do, Stokes isn't Scottish

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's he going to do, Stokes isn't Scottish
    If it was a toss up between Malky Mackay or Yogi...I would go Yogi.

But in no world should either of these 2 even be in consideration tobe a Scotland manager.

If these are 2 serious contenders....You wonder why Scotland are so ****!

Yogi wants any job

No he’s not got enough.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Oh dear

I'd give him a crack. At least he actually wants it and he'd be proud to have it.

God knows we're a mess right now and maybe Hughes blood and thunder and no quarter given is what we need.

They'll give it to someone else anyway so we'll never know.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

We should never have let Strachan go, however if it is a choice between Eck and Yogi the bear wins

If he can win a cup with Inverness, and put with an assistant with more experience, then why not?
    Gordon Strachan proved that international experience means sod all with Scotland!

He'd be different, which in Scotland manager terms is definitely a good thing. Let's face it, what's the prehistoric options?

Can we not scout the world of football coaches. Why does it have to be someone Scottish?

Left by mutual consent!
    That article has it all, I was almost on my feet giving it a HELL YEAH when he referred to himself in third person as a finale.

"The CV speaks for itself". I'll be using that in my next interview.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Yogi is a great laugh. Absolutely deluded if he think’s he deserves a shot at the Scotland job.

He's had 6 jobs in football. In 3 of those (Hibs, Hartlepool and Raith) he has lost more games than he has won.

He seems a decent enough guy and he's certainly enthusiastic but I can't think of any reason I'd want him as Hibs or Scotland manager.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quite fancy the Job myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He's had 6 jobs in football. In 3 of those (Hibs, Hartlepool and Raith) he has lost more games than he has won.

He seems a decent enough guy and he's certainly enthusiastic but I can't think of any reason I'd want him as Hibs or Scotland manager.
    Absolutely no where near good enough. It’s only him I see touting himself for it I think. As you say decent enough guy but he’s struggling to get any job let alone the Scotland job!

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Quite fancy the Job myself.
    I’d take you before Yogi!

Just reminding trigger happy chairman i’am available

Heard Jogi's interview.

Sorry mate if that's his effort at trying to get an interview think he shouldn't wait in for the phone to ring.
    He might have shown some passion but the CV doesn't stack up - would do someone a job in the Scot Champ/Lower Prem but I fear Scotland job would be a step too far.

Steve Clarke or Alex McLeish for me.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I’d take you before Yogi!
    I know it’s Valentine’s Day but let’s keep it clean eh.......

I agree with you about going for someone a bit left field from somewhere outwith Scotland.

I think the problem now though is the lack of chief executive. We need a new person in charge of the game and we need that person to set out a vision, style and future for our game, we then need a manager to fit in with that vision. That takes time though so in the interim period I think we need a stop gap to steady the ship for a bit. Walter smith would have been perfect imo but it appears that ship has sailed.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0762 View Post
    Heard Jogi's interview.

Sorry mate if that's his effort at trying to get an interview think he shouldn't wait in for the phone to ring.
    He might have shown some passion but the CV doesn't stack up - would do someone a job in the Scot Champ/Lower Prem but I fear Scotland job would be a step too far.

I think that McLeish is a stick on. Wouldn't surprise me to see Clarke end up at The Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    If it was a toss up between Malky Mackay or Yogi...I would go Yogi.

But in no world should either of these 2 even be in consideration tobe a Scotland manager.

If these are 2 serious contenders....You wonder why Scotland are so ****!
    Putting aside the fact that Malky Mackay is a misogynistic bigot he has actually had some managerial success and managed in the EPL.

Yogi has managed a team in the top half of the Scottish top league for what, a few years cumulatively? It’s a bit like Sam Allardyce, he’s utterly deluded on his CV

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Putting aside the fact that Malky Mackay is a misogynistic bigot he has actually had some managerial success and managed in the EPL.

Yogi has managed a team in the top half of the Scottish top league for what, a few years cumulatively? It’s a bit like Sam Allardyce, he’s utterly deluded on his CV
    He won the cup with ICT, hardly deluded 100's of managers have tried and failed with much bigger clubs. He deserves some credit.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Och please just no! McLiesh - backward step, Smith would have been too. McKay is a prick but might be ok. O'Neil may or may not have been ok, not sure. lambert, Clarke, etc who knows?But why oh why on a planet of about 6.5 billion people are we limiting ourselves to Scots or someone who lives in Scotland?

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    He won the cup with ICT, hardly deluded 100's of managers have tried and failed with much bigger clubs. He deserves some credit.
    Doesn’t qualify him for the Scotland job though does it? He’s spent most of his managerial career kicking about small teams and hasn’t been all that successful with them.

He’s out of a job currently is he? Doing his best to drum up some publicity, which seems to have worked to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Doesn’t qualify him for the Scotland job though does it? He’s spent most of his managerial career kicking about small teams and hasn’t been all that successful with them.

He’s out of a job currently is he? Doing his best to drum up some publicity, which seems to have worked to be fair.
    I don't want him either but give him a bit of credit, he also did well with Falkirk.

Quote Originally Posted by 0762 View Post
    Heard Jogi's interview.

Yogi for me wi Dick Campbell as his assistant... Dream team 😀😀😀