hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Having spoken to a local (to Murrayfield) retailer, he was dreading having thousands of unwashed 'fans' staggering past on the way to the ground.
    The hearts/sevco game was enough to sicken his mind from the thought of any potential profits from the extra footfall passing his door.
    There are plenty local business would love to have the national football stadium in Edinburgh. It would boost the Edinburgh economy by millions of pounds a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Forgot you can drink on the streets in Edinburgh but not Glasgow!
    Imagine 67,000 of that lot drinking on the streets of Edinburgh before a game, carnage
    Not now Police Glasgow are in charge. I think there technically was an Edinburgh bye-law banning it before that was just usually ignored but since the police merger they are enforcing it more strictly (along with the brothels that L&BP also turned a blind eye to).

You’ll usually see the police forcing people to pour cans down the drain before big matches (or confiscate it and take a swig themselves as I witnessed before the Hearts home game).

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    re Jackson's piece and the logistics of Old Firm travel, I've mentioned before but there's more than one railway line between the East & West.
    One set of fans arrive at Edinburgh Park and tram it to Murrayfield, the other walks from Haymarket, the 2 tribes would never meet.

How does a significant %age of their followers manage their weekly sojourn across the Irish sea without high profile conflated most matches?
    One lot's buses sail from Larne and the other from Belfast when they're playing on the same day I believe. There have been major issues in the past but P&O and Stena are well organised at keeping them apart nowadays. It's decent business for them too, so much so that they'll hold the boat's departure for up to 45 minutes if supporter's buses are delayed on the way down to Cairnryan after a match.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Not now Police Glasgow are in charge. I think there technically was an Edinburgh bye-law banning it before that was just usually ignored but since the police merger they are enforcing it more strictly (along with the brothels that L&BP also turned a blind eye to).

You’ll usually see the police forcing people to pour cans down the drain before big matches (or confiscate it and take a swig themselves as I witnessed before the Hearts home game).
    Get yourselves up abbey hill before Celtic or sevco game and they are all standing about drinking , also bothwell street. Police don’t bother as they can keep tabs on them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post

Don't you mean Police Scotland?

It's not necessarily a bylaw. Edinburgh does allow public drinking as long as you stop when a polis asks you to - but the law throughout Scotland is that it's an offence to take alcohol to or from a football match.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    Don't you mean Police Scotland?

It's not necessarily a bylaw. Edinburgh does allow public drinking as long as you stop when a polis asks you to - but the law throughout Scotland is that it's an offence to take alcohol to or from a football match.
    No he means Police Glasgow.😉

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    No he means Police Glasgow.😉
    Or even police weggie 😀