hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not a huge fan of Murrayfield. It gets an easy ride from football fans for not being Hampden. The biggest issue that it won't solve is fans being miles from the pitch. The try areas at Murrayfield are huge and even a football pitch at it's maximum dimensions will leave a lot of space, you also have that bizarre running track on the main stand side. The sight lines aren't great either, particularly in the lower tier. There's always talk about plenty pubs etc around the area but there's an element of snobbery with a fair few hotels and pubs closing their doors to football fans on derby day but welcoming the rugby 'high jinks'. Would that change if football at Murrayfield became a regular thing?

It's a better stadium than Hampden but I wouldn't be that enthused about watching football there tbh.
    plenty boozers in Edinburgh before going to M,field, Haymarket packed wae pubs.
    Transport is excellent and yi can walk tae the ground easy fae Haymarket. Murrayfield wins hands down every time for me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I would be interested to see what they do with segregation on the tram and at Haymarket. I think with the tram at the Hearts - The Thes game they had one set of fans use Balgreen instead of Murrayfield IIRC (I suppose not too dissimilar to how they use Mount Florida and Kings Park at Hamdump).

Hope not I live close to Murrayfield.

Wasn’t a pleasant experience when they played there rugby fans are generally well behaved around the ground.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...pden-1-4694184

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    What a waste of money.
    Renting the place at £800,000 a year is a waste of money. Under the ownership of Queens Park the stadium has stumbled along from one botched revamp to another, leaving us with a stadium lagging miles behind what it should be by now.

The thought of the SFA running the place it has to be said doesn't exactly fill me with confidence either .... but they do have Rod Petrie on board and if anybody knows how to run an infrastructure project its him

The only thing I would say is if they are going to revamp the east and west stands, please please don't just chuck up a couple of stand alone items ... as a national stadium the whole thing should retain a bowl style appearance like the Millennium stadium or Wembley .... what we don't want is just a larger version of Easter Road or Tynecastle.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Renting the place at £800,000 a year is a waste of money. Under the ownership of Queens Park the stadium has stumbled along from one botched revamp to another, leaving us with a stadium lagging miles behind what it should be by now.

The thought of the SFA running the place it has to be said doesn't exactly fill me with confidence either .... but they do have Rod Petrie on board and if anybody knows how to run an infrastructure project its him

The only thing I would say is if they are going to revamp the east and west stands, please please don't just chuck up a couple of stand alone items ... as a national stadium the whole thing should retain a bowl style appearance like the Millennium stadium or Wembley .... what we don't want is just a larger version of Easter Road or Tynecastle.
    There is nothing wrong with the former and nothing right with the latter.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For travel links alone, attendances will get better. Getting back to Edinburgh for a night game is horrendous.

Impossible to get transport back to Queen Street so you end up having to walk 4 miles. If you do end up walking, you’ll likely miss the last train.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Murrayfield is the clear winner so obviously it will stay at Hampden. Compared to other even smaller countries than Scotland Hampden isnt fit for purpoise wither as a stadium or for the appalling transport links.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    This all reeks of the sfa trying too drive down the price of Murrayfield IMO

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    What a waste of money.
    Sfa will never leave weggieland. Living in the past.Ar$eholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    This all reeks of the sfa trying too drive down the price of Murrayfield IMO
    I would say the opposite trying to drive down the price of Hampden as IMO they have no intention of leaving Hampden.

Where would the SFA get the money to buy Hampden ?

They can’t even afford video technology in the game !!

Surely Queen’s Park will get more ££ from selling the stadium to a housing company and moving to lesser Hampden which has plenty space to redevelop further.

I see this going two ways..

SFA are really trying to buy it and they are more of a joke than I could have imagined buying something that needs extensive work.

Or they are using this to say we explored options and couldn’t buy so moving away.

The fact the SFA don’t own their own office space anywhere sums up the way the game is run in this country.

More nonsense from the SFA

I don't know why people are surprised the GFA want to remain in Glasgow. I doubt Murrayfield was ever a serious option they were considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I hope they don't move to Murrayfield as Hearts will take the rent given they built and own it.
    Wrong. The SRU own it.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Would the findings of their review or study that led to this decision be publicly available to review, as fans we should at least get to see why this decision is in the best interests of the game. If it's not published then it certainly should be.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    Wrong. The SRU own it.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Wrong. The SRU own it.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Wrong. The SRU own it.
    Like me, I'm guessing you're not a morning person either?!

The SFA would never move out of Glasgow. This whole considering Murrayfield angle has been a complete cherade from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    No way did I expect a bite on that.

Just admit when you're wrong and move on 😉

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Just admit when you're wrong and move on 😉
    Fair cop.

Surely it isnt serious.

The Record is reporting that the endgame wasn't just to knock down the rent, but to coerce Queen's Park into selling Hampden outright for not a lot of money. For an asset that's got a book value of about £30 million or so, and which is raking in upwards of £800k revenue per year from one customer alone, buying it outright for £2 million almost qualifies as theft.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-deal-12067172

Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    The Record is reporting that the endgame wasn't just to knock down the rent, but to coerce Queen's Park into selling Hampden outright for not a lot of money. For an asset that's got a book value of about £30 million or so, and which is raking in upwards of £800k revenue per year from one customer alone, buying it outright for £2 million almost qualifies as theft.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-deal-12067172
    Why would they sell for that amount when you would assume the large area could be sold to developers for a pretty penny given its a half decent residential location.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Why would they sell for that amount when you would assume the large area could be sold to developers for a pretty penny given its a half decent residential location.
    Well one reason would be that the SFA also has a big say in the footballing future of Queen's Park so it has added coercion pressure; but yes, I'm sure that the QP board are considering selling Hampden on to developers as a site for much needed student accommodation as a counterthreat, if nothing more.

Left by mutual consent!
    The high level criticism from both sides of the Glasgow divide allied with the launch of a joint bid in an effort to maintain the West of Scotland power-base and recent threats of disbanding the sfa being aimed at McRae and our Rod tells me that Murrayfield was the definite front-runner until they intervened with other options now being carefully looked at. Never underestimate the underlying behind the scenes high level power games and politicking to prevent real change. Hampden whether its rented or owned out-right now appears the only likely outcome.

mon the cabbage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I would be interested to see what they do with segregation on the tram and at Haymarket. I think with the tram at the Hearts - The Thes game they had one set of fans use Balgreen instead of Murrayfield IIRC (I suppose not too dissimilar to how they use Mount Florida and Kings Park at Hamdump).
    It's a bit pointless as they would end up on the same tram.

Trains from Mount Florida and Kings Park are on different lines.