hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Goncalves

I’m disgusted at a level beyond the fact that it’s hearts supporters. They are supporting a Scottish team and it reflects on us as a nation.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I can't wait for Gary Mackay's next article in the Evening News condemning this behaviour.

Oh, wait..................

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't wait for Gary Mackay's next article in the Evening News condemning this behaviour.

Oh, wait..................

Aye, Rent-a-Hertz-Mouthpiece 'Medals MacKay' has been uncharacteristically quiet on this sordid affair.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by madbadlad View Post
    Shocking what happened to Goncalves and family, but i was disgusted at the "Rudi refugee" nonsense of a few years back. Idiotic chants and comments must be condemned.
    Glad you brought that up. Seems relevant.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madbadlad View Post
    Shocking what happened to Goncalves and family, but i was disgusted at the "Rudi refugee" nonsense of a few years back. Idiotic chants and comments must be condemned.
    It has been on this thread

A serious accusation about racism is raised by an ex-player and Levein’s immediate concern is that the guy didn’t talk to him about it !! Levein the narcassist has managed to make it all about him again. His feelings have been hurt and he wasn’t given the opportunity to help sweep this under the **** pile at Tynecastle along with all the other ugly incidents that have plagued this club over the last 10 years. Like the Huns, Hearts had a great chance to hit the reset button when they went bust, but have chosen instead to nurture their sense of entitlement and self-importance at the expense of all others. Horrible club, horrible people.

What’s wrong with **** pile carpet 😳

Not an isolated incident according to the other players at tynie.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...dent-1-4689367

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

Not surprised in the slightest. And they have the cheek to refer to us as vermin while the majority of their stadium sing bigoted songs and some shout racist abuse at their own players.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

"Hearts responded with a forceful statement promising to ban any fans found guilty"

Aye, alright Anne - so nobody in the white elephant stand noticed players being abused but once Isma mentions it they take action? Pathetic.

Lennon's pre match press conference this week when he was asked about racist abuse - he said it did happen but not as much as sectarian abuse which seems to get less publicity.

Racism is awful, but NL is bang on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Not surprised in the slightest. And they have the cheek to refer to us as vermin while the majority of their stadium sing bigoted songs and some shout racist abuse at their own players.
    Hearts are making quite the song and dance about this. Fair play if they are determined to do something about it.

Look here for Leslie Deans take - “The vast majority of Hearts fans show no signs whatsoever of racial prejudice or, indeed, religious bigotry,” he pointed out. “I made it very clear when I was chairman of Hearts 20 years ago that the club would not tolerate religious bigotry in any shape or form. The same goes for racial discrimination."

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...eans-1-4689124

So in between being Hearts Chairman and being arrested for money laundering during Vlad's tenure he's gone around the whole Hearts support and tested them to see if they are bigots.

I'm sure I've heard quite a chunk of the Hearts support singing Anti-Catholic songs whether he "tolerates" it or not. Maybe next time it happens Craig, Anne and Leslie will rush to make "it won't happen again/I'm appalled" statements.

If Levein spent more time concentrating on his own players rather than having a weird fascination with other teams then his player might have felt comfortable going to him about his concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by 1875er View Post
    If Levein spent more time concentrating on his own players rather than having a weird fascination with other teams then his player might have felt comfortable going to him about his concerns.
    Goncalves probably didn't fancy becoming the 21st century Graeme Hogg.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Goncalves probably didn't fancy becoming the 21st century Graeme Hogg.

They don't seem to condemn the the FTP chants at Tynecastle. Though tbf the press don't seem that bothered reporting on sectarian abuse which is a much bigger issue in Scotland.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    They don't seem to condemn the the FTP chants at Tynecastle. Though tbf the press don't seem that bothered reporting on sectarian abuse which is a much bigger issue in Scotland.
    yes the anti gay stuff is repugnant to and tolerated.

Terrible. All clubs have them, but I would expect a player who receives abuse, or a family member hears the abuse, to report it straight away to the management team and the club security/police. If you don't you could end up with an Evra moment.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    A serious accusation about racism is raised by an ex-player and Levein’s immediate concern is that the guy didn’t talk to him about it !! Levein the narcassist has managed to make it all about him again. His feelings have been hurt and he wasn’t given the opportunity to help sweep this under the **** pile at Tynecastle along with all the other ugly incidents that have plagued this club over the last 10 years. Like the Huns, Hearts had a great chance to hit the reset button when they went bust, but have chosen instead to nurture their sense of entitlement and self-importance at the expense of all others. Horrible club, horrible people.

What’s wrong with **** pile carpet
    The quote I saw was

"I was obviously sad and slightly embarrassed that Isma didn't feel he could come to me and talk about it," he said. "That's on me and it's something I need to look at.

"If we have a player who has been struggling and has suffered racial abuse, then I need to make it easier for him to come and speak to me and talk about it.”

Whilst it was about him, I saw it as an acceptance that he had been part of the problem - because he was not approachable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    The quote I saw was

"I was obviously sad and slightly embarrassed that Isma didn't feel he could come to me and talk about it," he said. "That's on me and it's something I need to look at.

"If we have a player who has been struggling and has suffered racial abuse, then I need to make it easier for him to come and speak to me and talk about it.”

Whilst it was about him, I saw it as an acceptance that he had been part of the problem - because he was not approachable.

as much as I'd like to give Levein a verbal kicking on this, he's responded very well and his statement said what needed to be said. (Although sitting on a toilet for over an hour on end as he allegedly likes to do, gives you plenty of time to compose these things, I suppose)...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Stone View Post
    Terrible. All clubs have them, but I would expect a player who receives abuse, or a family member hears the abuse, to report it straight away to the management team and the club security/police. If you don't you could end up with an Evra moment.
    There must have been loads of yams sitting near the Goncalves family who heard the racist abuse yet sat on their hands without reporting the sickos and as good as joined in. I feel really sorry for Goncalves and his family who probably felt very scared and apprehensive in reporting these vile racists. It should have been the yam fans who reported it as they must have heard the abuse being hurled from their 'fellow supporters'. Sickening stuff.

mon the cabbage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    There must have been loads of yams sitting near the Goncalves family who heard the racist abuse yet sat on their hands without reporting the sickos and as good as joined in. I feel really sorry for Goncalves and his family who probably felt very scared and apprehensive in reporting these vile racists. It should have been the yam fans who reported it as they must have heard the abuse being hurled from their 'fellow supporters'. Sickening stuff.

mon the cabbage!!!
    Some on sickbag even suggesting he made up the stories. And those bananas thrown at mark Walters didn't happen too and Queen budge wants a family atmosphere at the the pbs. I don't know whether this is their attempt at some sort of jambo humour. Such a sad club and a horrible reflection on their support. I'd be utterly gobsmacked if any hibs fans behaved like this and would like to think the culprits would have been pointed out to stewards. There are bad elements in all supports. Some have a far bigger percentage like hertz and sevco.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Some on sickbag even suggesting he made up the stories. And those bananas thrown at mark Walters didn't happen too and Queen budge wants a family atmosphere at the the pbs. I don't know whether this is their attempt at some sort of jambo humour. Such a sad club and a horrible reflection on their support. I'd be utterly gobsmacked if any hibs fans behaved like this and would like to think the culprits would have been pointed out to stewards. There are bad elements in all supports. Some have a far bigger percentage like hertz and sevcoS.
    Well said. Totally agree and its simply factual that they clubs generally have more of these sickening type of 'supporters' than any other club in Scotland.

mon the cabbage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Some on sickbag even suggesting he made up the stories. And those bananas thrown at mark Walters didn't happen too and Queen budge wants a family atmosphere at the the pbs. I don't know whether this is their attempt at some sort of jambo humour. Such a sad club and a horrible reflection on their support. I'd be utterly gobsmacked if any hibs fans behaved like this and would like to think the culprits would have been pointed out to stewards. There are bad elements in all supports. Some have a far bigger percentage like hertz and sevco.
    Delivered to a works where Mark DeVries was referred to as The C**n in Maroon by the jambo who took delivery.

Back in the 1950s Hearts had to ask in their programme that fans stop barracking Jimmy Wardaugh,for many years their all time top scorer.He was going through a bad patch,missing chances.It wasn’ t said officially but many Hearts fans thought it was really because he was a catholic and so couldn’t be cut any slack.

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    The quote I saw was

Precisely... less upset about the issue of racism than the fact that he (Levein) was unapproachable !!! As if that was the main problem here

Nope, Hearts are ducking the issue - as they've done with most of the abhorrent stuff that goes on in Tynecastle. But then again, what can you expect when club officials are spouting nonsense like "natural order" to appease the animals among their support ?

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    They've always had a pretty s***my element. Remember this

https://www.scotsman.com/news/hearts...ibute-1-707315

All supports have their share of idiots but Hearts seem to have a higher proportion of knuckledragging racist bigots than most.
    Last edited by Baader; 16-02-2018 at 04:42 PM.

I actually find it concerning that a lot of their fans seem to think the whole things a lie and completely made up. The thread they have on it is a total car crash!!

Hello hello we’re not the racist boys
    Hello hello you’ll never hear our noise
    The only black we all like is wee halfwit called Ian
    We play in a tiny ground and ran by a twat called Levien

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    http://bit.ly/2EtPgad

Hearts fan posts racist poem about Goncalves on Twitter, majority of replies are Jambos telling him how his poem is “brilliant” etc. Same guy put up a song about Jay Beattie dying a few months back aswell. They really are a horrific club.

http://bit.ly/2EtPgad

Hearts fan posts racist poem about Goncalves on Twitter, majority of replies are Jambos telling him how his poem is “brilliant” etc. Same guy put up a song about Jay Beattie dying a few months back aswell. They really are a horrific club.
    I know the guy William Stewart, thicker than mince, surprised he even managed to type that

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    The fact that they use "vermin " as an insult suggests a superiority complex, so accompanying racist/bigoted abuse isn't surprising.