hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Goncalves

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just waiting for the press conference.

Hearts can’t ignore complaints of racial abuse from one of their players, can they?
    Simple answer is yes they can. Why would they admit it when all is glorious just now and Levein is the best manager in the universe!

Hearts seem to have attracted more and more idiots over the years and they are for me mini Huns.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    She could get the hearts Billy boy gang and the nazi saluting guy to police the racists at the games?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    and the guy that paints his hand red and then theres the guy with the union jack slippers that sat next to me on the bus after a recent derby.....

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snedzuk View Post
    and the guy that paints his hand red and then theres the guy with the union jack slippers that sat next to me on the bus after a recent derby.....
    Wasn't that just the One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Neston re-enactment society on their way home from rehearsals though?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    So we can deduce that they don't like blacks and Catholics then. Nice bunch.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Some of the grunts are digging an escape route;

"i think it is more likely to be a misunderstanding.... a lost in translation moments.. where someone thought they heard a racist comment due to accent rather than anything being said."

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    The PC Brigade has ruined Tinny.
    Glad the anti Catholic/Irish and anti-gay stuff is still tolerates.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    So we can deduce that they don't like blacks and Catholics then. Nice bunch.

and, they really don't like Hibs supporters (irrespective of religion I assume) judging by every second post on HumpBack referring to us as Hibs 5c@m and Hibs V3rmin.

Nice bunch indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    I assume Budge will act on this just like the marathon bet tweet
    We shall see. Maybe some of the hun-ish faction thought they were just voicing opinions about the 'natural order' - given the football management have given them licence to spout such vague fascist pish.
    But to be fair to Budge I thought she has actually raised the ire of the more knobish yams by trying to clamp down on things. I seem to remember complaints that she was ruining the atmosphere at the tiny library by taking measures to root out some of the idiot element.

Sounds horrible and hope the idiots get booted out.

However, I'm not sure if Uzbekistan is the best option to be heading to to escape racist abuse.

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    These are serious allegations, that cannot be dismissed as ‘sour grapes’. If true it reflects very badly on the Hearts support and the club if they fail to investigate. I imagine that the players families sit in a set area and that it is likely that those around them will include a number of season ticket holders, so identifying those responsible should not be difficult. It obviously happened on a number of occasions with the players wife and brother stating they heard racist comments. In addition Goncalves states that he was directly abused on Instagram. Surprisingly the Evening News report does not state if they contacted Hearts for comment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Their official certified capacity is 19541
    A couple of sites state more....but everyone knows its less.

Thats why they get 16k max each week.

Either that or their police box holds the entire Lothian and Borders police inside it.

They have a track record of it :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIbHx_NUDq4

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    But to be fair to Budge I thought she has actually raised the ire of the more knobish yams by trying to clamp down on things. I seem to remember complaints that she was ruining the atmosphere at the tiny library by taking measures to root out some of the idiot element.
    I think that was relatively early on in her tenure. Since then she has sat on governing body committees, etc, so she'll have had the opportunity to learn to tolerate some of the traditions of Scottish football, like folk songs and that.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    AllisBarry here to mop up:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...aims-1-4688832

Barry says it’s a ‘strong’ statement, so that’s ok.

But it doesn’t seem to address racist abuse directed at Isma at all? Only that any future incidents should be reported.

Nicely swept under the carpet there...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    Some of the grunts are digging an escape route;

"i think it is more likely to be a misunderstanding.... a lost in translation moments.. where someone thought they heard a racist comment due to accent rather than anything being said."
    Yes, that's 'more likely' isn't it?

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Heart of Midlothian Football Club wishes to make it very clear that it abhors racism and any type of prejudicial abuse, and will not tolerate any incidence of such behavior.

We are aware that, as ever, it is only a very small number of individuals who have let the club and themselves down in this manner.

Why make a statement condemning something if you're just going to tell blatant lies in the process? Absolutely pathetic.
    To be be expected, though, given Ann Budge's previous record for the telling the truth and Hearts' previous record for sorting out its bigoted support.

Sad, sad people.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    We are aware that, as ever, it is only a very small number of individuals who have let the club and themselves down in this manner.
    Learned that from her hun chums on the governing bodies. Probably only avoided saying "Tiny minority" as it might have seemed like a pun on the cauldron's nickname.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    What a day of contrasts

Hibs have a fantastic video, showing our fans celebrating and singing a cup final win, shared by one of the worlds most famous tv presenters

Hearts have to issue a statement apologising to a former player for the racist abuse he received from his own supporters.

Left by mutual consent!
    The twitter account JKBmeltdown has some absolute belting quotes from kickback. My favourite has to be:

“Why move over to Uzbekistan to escape racism? It’s probably worse over there!“

Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy69 View Post
    They have a track record of it :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIbHx_NUDq4
    The Hearts fans I know will be horrified and ashamed by this story.
    Last edited by Paisley Hibby; 14-02-2018 at 09:56 PM.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    What a day of contrasts

Hibs have a fantastic video, showing our fans celebrating and singing a cup final win, shared by one of the worlds most famous tv presenters

Hearts have to issue a statement apologising to a former player for the racist abuse he received from his own supporters.
    470E774C-09AB-46C6-87B1-3EBA7CE88A5A.jpgAttachment 20193

Nicely sums up both sets sets of fans

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I suppose every club has this element in it, even us. Though to be honest I cant recall ever hearing one of our black players abused in this way, or even an opposition player ... you could cite the Skacel song I suppose, but the folk singing it probably didn't even consciously think of it as a racist song ( for me the jury is still out on that one ) to be honest the lack of awareness of modern European history it displayed was far more embarrassing.

Before the 2012 cup final there was a bunch of neds outside the east stand at Hampden giving it the 'Edinburgh is wonderful' song ... I thought by the look of them that Edinburgh would be far more wonderful if they moved out ... but I have to say that's the last time I ever heard anything like that, thankfully.

It cant be denied that Hearts seem to have a lot more of a problem with sectarian and racial abuse than we do, not to mention a bit of an ultra 'right wing' element in their support. But I for one wont be tarring them all with the same brush any more than I would want to be associated with the neds outside of Hampden that day ... they didn't represent the vast majority of the Hibs support any more than the bigots Goncalves is talking about represent the majority of Jambos. The most rabid Yam I know is about as left wing an anti racist as you will get with absolutely no time whatsoever for the Billy boy stuff.
    The only time I remember hearing a Hibs player suffering racism from Hibbies was Kevin Harper although he was playing a blinder and the racist in question was actually trying to be supportive, just in the most cringingly un-PC way possible. He was put right by several around him.

First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Fully expect Hearts fans to point blank deny this happened in the same way they did with the Buckie bottle that was thrown into the Hibs end at the last derby. From that article aswell it sounds like it was a sizeable and very vocal minority, not just one or two. As PB said, I used to be adamant that Edinburgh football didn’t have any issues like the Glasgow clubs. I still stand by that being generally true at Easter Road, but theirs something a bit unsavoury about the Hearts fans in recent times with the Gorgie boys being up to their knees in fenian blood a lot more audibly now and of course the f the pope shouts from a huge amount of them while they sing Sweet Caroline. Getting more Hunnish by the day.
    DESPERATE to be pure hun rather than a diet hun

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    TBF at the league cup final against Ross County an absolute idiot referred to Liam Fontaine as "the darkie". Didn't see exactly who it was who shouted it as would have reported it otherwise.

This shouldn't be used for point scoring over another support - if anyone identifies someone in the stand as shouting something similar then they need to report it. I'm sure someone nearer to the person would have seen them.

Depressing that this still exists in 2018.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Covering this now on Sportsound.

Not really wanting to go into too much detail but was once involved with something to do with Hearts fans. And a small section of those were disgusting in their racial views, oblivious to the race of their own players.

The bad thing is every club has an idiot element.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Hmmm i'm not so sure. He was brutal and got a hard time from a lot of their fans. Hope there's no truth in it.
    They never threw bananas at Mark Walters either.......

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    They never threw bananas at Mark Walters either.......

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
    Was supposedly youngsters that were involved, they'd be roughly in their 40s now so could be some of the same guys that were abusing Goncalves.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    TBF at the league cup final against Ross County an absolute idiot referred to Liam Fontaine as "the darkie". Didn't see exactly who it was who shouted it as would have reported it otherwise.

This shouldn't be used for point scoring over another support - if anyone identifies someone in the stand as shouting something similar then they need to report it. I'm sure someone nearer to the person would have seen them.

Depressing that this still exists in 2018.
    The one and only time I came close to scrapping with a fellow Hibby was at Pittodrie when the same reference was used. Earl Jean might have been the target.

There's one scrawny ****er with ginger hair who has been in the east for years and used to stand near to me using the n and c words about Bobo Balde. I still see him at games. Also saw and heard some old radge banging on about spearchuckers prior to the Tynie Derby five or six years ago. Thankfully nothing since then, but definitely not good to be complacent. These sort of idiots rock up at any club where they think they can get away with it.