hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stokesy

Stokesy

Off to Greece it seems according to Facebook Hibs alerts.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...club-1-4686832

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good luck Stokesy.
    Hey, I did my stupid, immature things a long time ago and I would like to think that nobody still holds them against me.

Stay off the Ouzo

Left by mutual consent!
    Good luck.

All the best stokesy - hibs legend

Good luck Stokesy.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean, he assaulted a guy, left him permanently damaged, then avoided paying the compensation - not exactly stupid and immature. We all sadly saw how an assault can pan out in the Shaun Woodburn case, and I’m sure we can all agree the perpetrator was a piece of ****.

If Stokes didn’t score those 2 goals on 21st May, or if he hadn’t pulled on a Hibs strip, I can’t imagine he would be very highly thought of here.

I don’t wish him bad luck, but I couldn’t give a **** if his career continued on its downward trend.
    Clown

@hibs.net private member

If Stokes didn’t score those 2 goals on 21st May, or if he hadn’t pulled on a Hibs strip, I can’t imagine he would be very highly thought of here.
    But he did so he’ll forever be thought of highly by many (or all?) of us.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I mean, he assaulted a guy, left him permanently damaged, then avoided paying the compensation - not exactly stupid and immature. We all sadly saw how an assault can pan out in the Shaun Woodburn case, and I’m sure we can all agree the perpetrator was a piece of ****. I don’t think Stokes is a very good person at all.

I don’t wish him bad luck, but I couldn’t give a **** if his career continued on its downward trend.
    If it wasn't for football and particularly his Hibs football, why would we be talking about him on here at all? You protest very loudly about being called out as a Hertz **** and I trust you're not. You don't half read like one though.

Please don't start all this garbage again. He's gone. And I for one am glad its not to a club in the Scottish Premier.

I mean, he assaulted a guy, left him permanently damaged, then avoided paying the compensation - not exactly stupid and immature. We all sadly saw how an assault can pan out in the Shaun Woodburn case, and I’m sure we can all agree the perpetrator was a piece of ****. I don’t think Stokes is a very good person at all.

If Stokes didn’t score those 2 goals on 21st May, or if he hadn’t pulled on a Hibs strip, I can’t imagine he would be very highly thought of here. Not the type of person I like representing our club, and clearly Lennon and the board agree.

I was thinking more along the lines of Stokes' latest misdemeanour - the fire extinguisher incident that ultimately was one immature act too many for Hibs.
    His legendary Scottish Cup final performance will never be forgotten as long as there is a Hibby and/or a history book around. His misdemeanours will.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 09-02-2018 at 07:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of Stokesy's latest misdemeanour - the fire extinguisher incident that ultimately was one immature act too many for Hibs.
    His legendary Scottish Cup final performance will never be forgotten as long as there is a Hibby and/or a history book around. His misdemeanours will.
    Fair enough.

all the best stoksey thanks for greatest day off my life

Good luck Stokesy.. never worked out this time but always a legend in my eyes.. as for SRHibs comments I can honestly say I haven’t read so much pish in all my life.. sad man and doubt very much you are indeed a Hibs fan.

There, I deleted it.

I just don’t believe football trumps all. I’m not going to think he’s a great person deserving of my well wishes because he did his job (extremely)well on occasion. He’s shown time and again that he’s not a great person, and most recently taken the absolute piss out of our club.

Each to their own though. I genuinely couldn’t care less what team you or others think I support.
    Bit odd posting so much on a football forum then, supporting a team being pretty prevalent on here.
    Anyways, I'm sure the thread will be closed along with your post soon, like most of the Stokes discussions do. It's all got pretty boring.

Pardon?

And yes, it has.
    Like I said. Boring.

Good luck to him, though if the expression 'you make your own luck' was ever appropriate its with Stokes. That's a line drawn under this for me, goodbye Anthony Stokes stupid sod, welcome back Anthony Stokes Hibs legend.

Good luck Stokes!!
    Keep your head down and let your football do the talking.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Wish him well. Hopefully he can do himself justice. Lennon had to empty him. No matter what he does now, the Boss has done the right thing for the club and maybe for Stokes too.

Left by mutual consent!
    Good luck and best wishes to you Stokesy. Your performance in the Scottish Cup 2016 Time for Heroes will never be forgotten. Top man and forever Legend.

Cheers Stokesy!!!

mon the cabbage!!!

I’m sure when his career is over we’ll be talking about the fire extinguisher before the cup final goals.

Hibs legend. His cup final performance will get better and better as the years go on. My grandchildren will think he's a god.

There, I deleted it.

I just don’t believe football trumps all. I’m not going to think he’s a great person deserving of my well wishes because he did his job (extremely)well on occasion. He’s shown time and again that he’s not a great person, and most recently taken the absolute piss out of our club.

Each to their own though. I genuinely couldn’t care less what team you or others think I support.
    Do you mind if I ask how old you are? Assuming in your early teens?

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Hibs legend. His cup final performance will get better and better as the years go on. My grandchildren will think he's a god.
    This 100%

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Do you mind if I ask how old you are? Assuming in your early teens?
    Assuming you’re below the age of 5 based on your inability to read.

@hibs.net private member
    Good luck Stokesy! And thanks for the huge part you played in our Cup win, it will never be forgotten by the fans.
    Sincerely hope you don't mess up this chance you've been given in Greece, there may not be another.
    A' the best!

Good Luck Stokesy💚

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Clown

I was premature with my first reply - sorted now and you are indeed spot-on.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    As will mine

He's welcome in my house anytime
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I’m sure when his career is over we’ll be talking about the fire extinguisher before the cup final goals.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I’m not debating the fact that he’s forever going to be a legend in Hibs folklore, and of course I appreciate his cup final performance. I just think football fans are extremely hypocritical when it comes to transgressions we are willing to let slide in the name of football, especially when it comes to players of our own club.

Was definitely a bit OTT, and wrong to hijack a thread of people wishing him well to post my particular opinion. I’ll leave it at that.