hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goncalves

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Goncalves

Seems he left because he was being racially abused at the pbs. He couldn’t let his family attend games. Pretty sad in this day and age
    https://t.co/rD0LhboQ9L

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

I assume Budge will act on this just like the marathon bet tweet

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Not great reading for Hearts. Interestingly not penned by Barry Haw Haw either...

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Hmmm i'm not so sure. He was brutal and got a hard time from a lot of their fans. Hope there's no truth in it.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She could get the hearts Billy boy gang and the nazi saluting guy to police the racists at the games?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    Just on that she wasn't shy about calling out Celtic fans just after she took over however can't remember her doing the same with her own fans and there is a lot she should be saying IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Hmmm i'm not so sure. He was brutal and got a hard time from a lot of their fans. Hope there's no truth in it.
    Seems fairly clear cut, unless you think he's lying. It's not in his interests to make things up. Fans just represent wider society.

Hearts fans will deny it happened and claim it is fake news because if the club doesn't come out and say they are investigating it then that means it didn't take place. They will say other people in the stadium will have heard it and they should come forward, if no one does then again, that confirms it didn't happen and Goncalves is using it as an excuse for his performances.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Can well believe it, every club will have folk in the stands who behave like this.

I always argued Hearts fans could actually say with a straight face that the bigots withing their support were a minority. Now I'm not so sure.

There seems a hardcore of people amongst them with pretty horrible views getting louder and braver. The last derby saw about 15000 people giving it laldy about Lafferty playing the flute, not sectarian in itself but the reasoning behind the song is clear. Add to that the very audible extra line in 'Sweet Caroline' sung by a sizeable minority and now this and it doesn't read well for them. All their half ersed attmepts at a singing group have been hijacked by the bigots as well.

Aa has been said previously the silence from Budge is deafening given her rants about Celtic previously.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Absolutely disgraceful. Racial abuse has forced out one of there own players.

I await Potter, Budge etc condemning this and carrying out a full investigation.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Fully expect Hearts fans to point blank deny this happened in the same way they did with the Buckie bottle that was thrown into the Hibs end at the last derby. From that article aswell it sounds like it was a sizeable and very vocal minority, not just one or two. As PB said, I used to be adamant that Edinburgh football didn’t have any issues like the Glasgow clubs. I still stand by that being generally true at Easter Road, but theirs something a bit unsavoury about the Hearts fans in recent times with the Gorgie boys being up to their knees in fenian blood a lot more audibly now and of course the f the pope shouts from a huge amount of them while they sing Sweet Caroline. Getting more Hunnish by the day.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Hearts fans will deny it happened and claim it is fake news because if the club doesn't come out and say they are investigating it then that means it didn't take place. They will say other people in the stadium will have heard it and they should come forward, if no one does then again, that confirms it didn't happen and Goncalves is using it as an excuse for his performances.
    Thing that won't help them.... All you have to do is look back at some of their old matchday threads and you can see fans snipeing at each other about this sort of thing happening.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Did you read the article before commenting? He was pretty unequivocal in stating that he was getting racist abuse and that it was taking place on a regular basis.

Brutal or top scorer or whatever, racists can GTF.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    The PC Brigade has ruined Tinny.

I would be very doubtful that there is a racist element in the Hearts support who abused this man’s family. Success excites jealousy and the player simply wasn’t good enough to play for such a huge club, with the champions league win, massive stadium and huge fan base. Taking a step down from that isn’t easy but painting Hearts as racist is as deluded as Cole Stockton thinking he’s a black man.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    The PC Brigade has ruined Tinny.
    I blame the PVC brigade. If they hadn’t been so stingy surely they’d have had more than 19,000 seats at Tynecastle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Fully expect Hearts fans to point blank deny this happened in the same way they did with the Buckie bottle that was thrown into the Hibs end at the last derby. From that article aswell it sounds like it was a sizeable and very vocal minority, not just one or two. As PB said, I used to be adamant that Edinburgh football didn’t have any issues like the Glasgow clubs. I still stand by that being generally true at Easter Road, but theirs something a bit unsavoury about the Hearts fans in recent times with the Gorgie boys being up to their knees in fenian blood a lot more audibly now and of course the f the pope shouts from a huge amount of them while they sing Sweet Caroline. Getting more Hunnish by the day.
    To be fair, it is being condemned on KB, but there is still a sizeable faction who try to cloud the issue, infer it’s not true and that his wife misheard the comments etc.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    To be fair, it is being condemned on KB, but there is still a sizeable faction who try to cloud the issue, infer it’s not true and that his wife misheard the comments etc.
    I actually just looked and seen that myself. Surprised at that as the Buckie bottle situation was almost unanimously filed under ‘Hobo lies’. The fact that a lot of them are actually saying they’ve heard it aswell says a lot - their must be plenty of them at it.

Eh? You think his wife made it up? They have a problem with a minority of the fans and have done for a while. There is no denying this happened he’s better off away from them.

Testimonial Due
    There is no doubt hearts are a bit of a home for some of Edinburgh's harder of thinking, small-town tcheucter, three-toothed idiots, who will loudly proclaim their anti-catholic attitudes and no doubt anti-black attitudes too, but i dont think this is something that can be used to attack their whole support.

If idiots did it, then blame the idiots.

Now wholesale booing of a minutes' silence for a dead Pope on the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I always argued Hearts fans could actually say with a straight face that the bigots withing their support were a minority. Now I'm not so sure.

There seems a hardcore of people amongst them with pretty horrible views getting louder and braver. The last derby saw about 15000 people giving it laldy about Lafferty playing the flute, not sectarian in itself but the reasoning behind the song is clear. Add to that the very audible extra line in 'Sweet Caroline' sung by a sizeable minority and now this and it doesn't read well for them. All their half ersed attmepts at a singing group have been hijacked by the bigots as well.

Aa has been said previously the silence from Budge is deafening given her rants about Celtic previously.
    Yes, instead of FTH when we were right there they preferred FTP. In their other popular song they don't seem to bother with "Gorgie Boys" and just go for "Billy Boys".

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I blame the PVC brigade. If they hadn’t been so stingy surely they’d have had more than 19,000 seats at Tynecastle.
    Their official capacity is 20,099.

Though I think that is quiet abit of manure...or including the rats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post

If that's the case our "official capacity" should be 60K, because why the **** not?

I suppose every club has this element in it, even us. Though to be honest I cant recall ever hearing one of our black players abused in this way, or even an opposition player ... you could cite the Skacel song I suppose, but the folk singing it probably didn't even consciously think of it as a racist song ( for me the jury is still out on that one ) to be honest the lack of awareness of modern European history it displayed was far more embarrassing.

Before the 2012 cup final there was a bunch of neds outside the east stand at Hampden giving it the 'Edinburgh is wonderful' song ... I thought by the look of them that Edinburgh would be far more wonderful if they moved out ... but I have to say that's the last time I ever heard anything like that, thankfully.

It cant be denied that Hearts seem to have a lot more of a problem with sectarian and racial abuse than we do, not to mention a bit of an ultra 'right wing' element in their support. But I for one wont be tarring them all with the same brush any more than I would want to be associated with the neds outside of Hampden that day ... they didn't represent the vast majority of the Hibs support any more than the bigots Goncalves is talking about represent the majority of Jambos. The most rabid Yam I know is about as left wing an anti racist as you will get with absolutely no time whatsoever for the Billy boy stuff.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Mr Goncalves is clear that it was only a minority doing it, so we're initially thinking 'anything up to 199,999 of them then' but my guess is that it was just Medals mouthing off from a different seat every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post

Their official certified capacity is 19541

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Absolutely disgraceful. Racial abuse has forced out one of there own players.

I await Potter, Budge etc condemning this and carrying out a full investigation.

Just waiting for the press conference.

Hearts can’t ignore complaints of racial abuse from one of their players, can they?

absolutely no place for this, minority or not it should be condemned from the top. The minority of bigoted hearts support is growing. As for Goncalves himself wait until he starts playing poorly n Uzbekistan....
    Last edited by pacoluna; 14-02-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Their official certified capacity is 19541
    Where did you get that info from? Can't find it anywhere online.