hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Attendances

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Play summer football .Simple bigger crowds,bigger money from T.V when no EPL games scheduled

Except no evidence any of those things would happen. If they did, we'd all be crowded round the telly watching big crowds in the Irish league every summer.

2. Log in to remove the advert

19,551 at ER today - what's our average now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    The yams spell at Murrayfield keeping them above us for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    19,551 at ER today - what's our average now?
    18,005 average after 12 home games now.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    To put that into some sort of context Im 54 next week (young 54 obviously) and 18000 represents the highest average attendance in my whole life. I believe currently the highest average since 57/58.

That looks good

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    Would the argument not be that the likes of Dundee United, Dunfermline, St. Mirren and Falkirk (all with decent averages in the Championship) would get bigger crowds due to matches with us, Hearts, Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers? Even the likes of Morton would have bigger attendances, given the amount of Hun and Tic fans going to Cappielow when playing there, and we always take a good away support to Greenock. St.Johnstone continue to baffle, mind - decent city, and a team who have punched above their weight for years, but shan turnouts at home gemmes.
    As Stuart Cosgrove is always quick to point out, St Johnstoneís attendances as a percentage of the population of Perth are a lot better than most city teams in the country - Edinburgh included.

However, they are managing it, they are doing so without carrying any debt and living within their means - good luck to them, except when they play us

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Makes you wonder what these figures would do with respect to invites to join the whispered about Atlantic League. Top 5 Scottish teams would be amongst the best supported from the half dozen countries being mooted.
    Abslout Hibs Celts and Huns in Atlantic First Division, Hearts and Dons in 2nd

Fifth highest in the U.K yesterday according to Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Next season will be a good one for comparisons.

Both clubs will have settled teams and managers and there will be no excuses about pitches or stadiums or off field stuff.

A strong finish to the season and a couple of quality signings could see us beat their average next year.

It might kill them as a club?!
    I hope you are correct about Hibs having a settled team but I think we could be watching a completely different set of players after the summer transfers. Really hope Iím wrong .

First Team Breakthrough
    Getting exited as to who has the biggest average attendance is very "yammish". I personally couldn't care less. The important thing is that we have proved that with a little success on the field the fan base is there. Hopefully we can sustain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    Getting exited as to who has the biggest average attendance is very "yammish". I personally couldn't care less. The important thing is that we have proved that with a little success on the field the fan base is there. Hopefully we can sustain it.
    Absolutely mate ...... It's looking like they are about to wish they had never started it

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob07 View Post
    Play summer football .Simple bigger crowds,bigger money from T.V when no EPL games scheduled
    Bigger crowds?

What about those who go on Holiday in June and/or July? I would certainly cancel my season ticket if the SPFL changed to a summer season.

Also the Christmas and New Year fixtures would be gone. Really smart move that!

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Bigger crowds?

What about those who go on Holiday in June and/or July? I would certainly cancel my season ticket if the SPFL changed to a summer season.

Also the Christmas and New Year fixtures would be gone. Really smart move that!
    You've nae imagination mate ..... we change the new year derby to the 'summer solstice' derby .... kick off at 5am as the sun rises between the south and east gap with a couple of Druids blessing the ball like at Stonehenge .... as the crowd who have followed the new tradition of staying up all night getting pissed are whipped into a frenzy. I can see it working

attendances

Hibs are the only team outwith the ugly sisters to have had an average crowd of over 30000.It was in season 1951/52 when we averaged 30700.Hearts biggest average was 3 years earlier at 28195.

Quote Originally Posted by chinny baxter View Post
    Hibs are the only team outwith the ugly sisters to have had an average crowd of over 30000.It was in season 1951/52 when we averaged 30700.Hearts biggest average was 3 years earlier at 28195.
    You must be mistaken. We're the wee team don't forget it

They've had more away fans, we've had more home fans.

Screenshot_20180221-212512.jpg