Ok fair does if right. Got the impression listening to the radio that night that they were shipping over the eight wonder of the world on pallets from Germany rather than laying a temporary pitch to be replaced not long after.
He’s nit right. The pitch was laid last year and was supposed to be the digs danglies. Right down to his it was transported as turf from the continent. Never in a million years was it meant as a temporary measure.
£200k last year to relay the pitch with plans to spend £1m on a hybrid 18 months later.
Well at the time on Sportsound they were salivating and boasting about the pitch they were putting down. If the suns report is acurate it’s no surprised at the lengths they go to talk up anything they do. All wind and pish IMO. Somewhere in the ordinary spectrum will be the truth about both solutions. Trumpets
There is no way on this earth that the pitch they relaid last season was meant to be a temporary solution. Sportsound gave them a platform in the build up to last seasons cup derby telling all how making it was.
Exactly. Spent a fortune, boasted about it, didn't work and now it was only temporary
Hybrid pitch, I’m sure hibs do have one.
90% of the pitch is real grass, the remaining 10% is plastic which is down in the soil gripping the roots of the grass together to keep it tighter and stronger, less likely to be damaged.
A good Hybrid pitch will last roughly 8/10years.
However cheaper options available and might mean replacing before the 8/10years.
Hearts owner Ann Budge has confirmed that the club will lay a new pitch this summer – with a £1 million hybrid surface the preferred choice.
The existing turf was only put down a year ago at a six-figure cost but is already showing extensive signs of wear and tear, and any sustained period of rainfall makes underfoot conditions difficult for the players.
This was evident during the recent Premiership victory over St Johnstone, with manager Craig Levein saying afterwards: “When it’s really wet, it’s really bad it was really poor on Saturday, the players were slipping all over the place.”
Despite costs for the new main stand rising to £15 million, the club are keen to install a hybrid surface, which uses natural grass intertwined with artificial turf fibres.
Budge said: “As you will remember, a new surface was laid down this time last year, however, that was only ever intended to be a temporary solution.
“I am pleased, therefore, to announce that plans to relay the pitch in the summer have been approved by the board of directors.
“This will allow us to completely rip up the turf and the soil beneath it, something that hasn’t been done in nearly 20 years.
“This will represent another major financial commitment by the club but we believe it to be an essential investment that will benefit the team for years to come.”
The Scotland rugby team already benefit from using a hybrid surface at neighbouring Murrayfield stadium, which Hearts used for four games earlier this season while Tynecastle was being redeveloped.
The SRU paid an estimated £1.25 million to lay the pitch in 2014.
English football sides Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool all use a similar surface
Delighted that they are investing in a decent pitch. It can only help Scottish football when all the bigger sides actually have surface fit for purpose. Again 8000 fans paying in a month is making a huge difference to them.
There was chat of them doing a hybrid last year but they didn’t have the time so went with a temporary measure.
Why we we trying to find fault here? We’ve been slagging their pitch for ages and they’re finally doing something about it!
Yes but we like slagging them and its not as if they never slag us. They finally did something about their main stand and we slagged that loads. Once they fix their pitch we'll find something else, like their training facilities that they don't own but they like to lead everyone to believe they do.