hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 57
  1. #1

    new pitch being laid at the PBS

    I should think so.

    http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/0...ferred-choice/

    Hearts owner Ann Budge has confirmed that the club will lay a new pitch this summer – with a £1 million hybrid surface the preferred choice.

    The existing turf was only put down a year ago at a six-figure cost but is already showing extensive signs of wear and tear, and any sustained period of rainfall makes underfoot conditions difficult for the players.

    This was evident during the recent Premiership victory over St Johnstone, with manager Craig Levein saying afterwards: “When it’s really wet, it’s really bad it was really poor on Saturday, the players were slipping all over the place.”


    Despite costs for the new main stand rising to £15 million, the club are keen to install a hybrid surface, which uses natural grass intertwined with artificial turf fibres.

    Budge said: “As you will remember, a new surface was laid down this time last year, however, that was only ever intended to be a temporary solution.

    “I am pleased, therefore, to announce that plans to relay the pitch in the summer have been approved by the board of directors.

    “This will allow us to completely rip up the turf and the soil beneath it, something that hasn’t been done in nearly 20 years.

    “This will represent another major financial commitment by the club but we believe it to be an essential investment that will benefit the team for years to come.”
    The Scotland rugby team already benefit from using a hybrid surface at neighbouring Murrayfield stadium, which Hearts used for four games earlier this season while Tynecastle was being redeveloped.

    The SRU paid an estimated £1.25 million to lay the pitch in 2014.

    English football sides Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool all use a similar surface
    Last edited by andybev1; 13-02-2018 at 12:11 AM. Reason: spelling


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,641
    Quote Originally Posted by andybev1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I should think so.

    http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/0...ferred-choice/

    Hearts owner Ann Budge has confirmed that the club will lay a new pitch this summer – with a £1 million hybrid surface the preferred choice.

    The existing turf was only put down a year ago at a six-figure cost but is already showing extensive signs of wear and tear, and any sustained period of rainfall makes underfoot conditions difficult for the players.

    This was evident during the recent Premiership victory over St Johnstone, with manager Craig Levein saying afterwards: “When it’s really wet, it’s really bad it was really poor on Saturday, the players were slipping all over the place.”


    Despite costs for the new main stand rising to £15 million, the club are keen to install a hybrid surface, which uses natural grass intertwined with artificial turf fibres.

    Budge said: “As you will remember, a new surface was laid down this time last year, however, that was only ever intended to be a temporary solution.

    “I am pleased, therefore, to announce that plans to relay the pitch in the summer have been approved by the board of directors.

    “This will allow us to completely rip up the turf and the soil beneath it, something that hasn’t been done in nearly 20 years.

    “This will represent another major financial commitment by the club but we believe it to be an essential investment that will benefit the team for years to come.”
    The Scotland rugby team already benefit from using a hybrid surface at neighbouring Murrayfield stadium, which Hearts used for four games earlier this season while Tynecastle was being redeveloped.

    The SRU paid an estimated £1.25 million to lay the pitch in 2014.

    English football sides Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool all use a similar surface
    Yet some people still think they're skint...

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yet some people still think they're skint...
    yep, makes you wonder.

  5. #4
    Does anyone know what surface we have? It says on Wikipedia we have a hybrid pitch, but I'm not sure if that's accurate.

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member DexterStJock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,836
    Oh goody. We might actually get to play them at football there next season.
    Lien Nonnel

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member DexterStJock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone know what surface we have? It says on Wikipedia we have a hybrid pitch, but I'm not sure if that's accurate.
    It is.
    Lien Nonnel

  8. #7
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    10,399
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is.
    Maybe ... but surely not to the quality of Arsenal or Man Utd, which is what the Yams appear to be proposing .... If Hibs had spent north of a million quid on the pitch surely we would have heard about it?

  9. #8

    potato field tynie

    Who cares the reasoning or amount of money spent? It can only be an improvement - the furrows and lumps on the existing farmland hampered Hibs and other teams who have gone there and want to play a game of football - not hoofball. For Hibs it is great news. 6-4-0 will no doubt be claiming it's the ''natural order''.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by andybev1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I should think so.

    http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/0...ferred-choice/

    Hearts owner Ann Budge has confirmed that the club will lay a new pitch this summer – with a £1 million hybrid surface the preferred choice.

    The existing turf was only put down a year ago at a six-figure cost but is already showing extensive signs of wear and tear, and any sustained period of rainfall makes underfoot conditions difficult for the players.

    This was evident during the recent Premiership victory over St Johnstone, with manager Craig Levein saying afterwards: “When it’s really wet, it’s really bad it was really poor on Saturday, the players were slipping all over the place.”


    Despite costs for the new main stand rising to £15 million, the club are keen to install a hybrid surface, which uses natural grass intertwined with artificial turf fibres.

    Budge said: “As you will remember, a new surface was laid down this time last year, however, that was only ever intended to be a temporary solution.

    “I am pleased, therefore, to announce that plans to relay the pitch in the summer have been approved by the board of directors.

    “This will allow us to completely rip up the turf and the soil beneath it, something that hasn’t been done in nearly 20 years.

    “This will represent another major financial commitment by the club but we believe it to be an essential investment that will benefit the team for years to come.”
    The Scotland rugby team already benefit from using a hybrid surface at neighbouring Murrayfield stadium, which Hearts used for four games earlier this season while Tynecastle was being redeveloped.

    The SRU paid an estimated £1.25 million to lay the pitch in 2014.

    English football sides Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool all use a similar surface
    A new pitch again? I thought they'd imported the best grass the world has ever seen from Germany for 300k last season? A bigger waste of money than Steven Naismith.

  11. #10
    Testimonial Due Greenworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe ... but surely not to the quality of Arsenal or Man Utd, which is what the Yams appear to be proposing .... If Hibs had spent north of a million quid on the pitch surely we would have heard about it?
    How do you think our pitch looks in comparison.
    To be it's the best I've seen in years

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

  12. #11
    Queen Anne and the believers are just so amazing. I hear spurs have been in touch tapping into the jumbos comprehensive knowledge on how to maintain the 30th best footballing surface in Edinburgh

    http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spur...-pitch-update/

    try this one.
    Last edited by Not In The Know; 13-02-2018 at 08:06 AM.

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Queen Anne and the believers are just so amazing. I hear spurs have been in touch tapping into the jumbos comprehensive knowledge on how to maintain the 30th best footballing surface in Edinburgh.

    Check this out. Mind boggling.

    http://m.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs-...-pitch-update/
    I cannot see any article on that link?

  14. #13
    Not sure that pitch will fit in with Hearts traditional footballing philosophies.........HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Alloa
    Age
    53
    Posts
    9,257
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yet some people still think they're skint...
    Yeah, they’ve found the football ‘magic money tree’.

    Fan ownership kicked further into the long grass, mystery benefactors exhausted and fans paying large sums over and above their season ticket money for a bang average mid table club.

    What could possibly go wrong?

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    58
    Posts
    15,261
    This is exactly it, whatever the good doctor chooses to do next by way of running costs and maintenance just moves the dream further away.

    Wait until they realise they have to turf the clouds as well to accommodate their "style" of play.

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  17. #16
    Celtic relaid thier pitch with the more expensive hybrid but it’s really not great.

    The yams issue will be lack of light and even though they use some fancy lights to help it grow they aren’t cheap to buy or use.

    I hope they do spend the money on a decent pitch as fed up playing them on a terrible surface which suits Leveins direct hoofball. It’s like watching a different sport at the PBS.

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone know what surface we have? It says on Wikipedia we have a hybrid pitch, but I'm not sure if that's accurate.
    ER is surely a grass only pitch?

  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member PeeKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Blackhall
    Posts
    725
    No doubt they will defray the costs by selling the turf that they beat us on to their delusional supporters.

  20. #19
    I always thought that ****** was supposed to be good for the grass !


  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeKay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No doubt they will defray the costs by selling the turf that they beat us on to their delusional supporters.
    The goal line that Oli Shaw scored on ?

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,880
    About time they sorted it. We should see how they get on and consider doing similar in future if it makes a big difference.

    Why is their fan ownership thing mentioned here so often?

    Hearts fans couldn’t care less about when FoH funds are used to pay back Budge. They’re happy for the funds to be used to pay for the stand, bring in Naismith or for the new pitch.

  23. #22
    First Team Breakthrough MurrayfieldHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    West Lower
    Posts
    380
    FOH are paying for the new pitch.

  24. #23
    I take it they will be lifting the tatties first to sell at the Farmer's Market to help pay for this?

  25. #24
    Coaching Staff JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    25,331
    There is no way on this earth that the pitch they relaid last season was meant to be a temporary solution. Sportsound gave them a platform in the build up to last seasons cup derby telling all how making it was.

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,880
    It was.

    There was chat of them doing a hybrid last year but they didn’t have the time so went with a temporary measure.

    Why we we trying to find fault here? We’ve been slagging their pitch for ages and they’re finally doing something about it!

  27. #26
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,985
    "In another exclusive first for Scottish football, establishment club Hearts hope to install a "hybrid" style of pitch. This won't be the type of hybrid seen at clubs like Manchester United - Hearts' hybrid will combine a football pitch with a traditional tattie field. The Gorgie club aim to be able to provide the quality of surface preferred by hoofball boss Craig Levein whilst simultaneously attempting to satisfy their punters' increasingly insatiable demand for chips.

    Levein commented from his special Tynecastle toilet "plop, plop, gurgle, fart, gurgle, skoosh - blood doesn't show on a Maris piper."

  28. #27
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    14,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ER is surely a grass only pitch?
    It is. The reason it is in such good condition is that we have a small lighting rig now. There is barely any wear even where the goalies stand.
    A hybrid surface would only really be worthwhile if we were going to be using it more.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #28
    Coaching Staff JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    25,331
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was.

    There was chat of them doing a hybrid last year but they didn’t have the time so went with a temporary measure.

    Why we we trying to find fault here? We’ve been slagging their pitch for ages and they’re finally doing something about it!
    Ok fair does if right. Got the impression listening to the radio that night that they were shipping over the eight wonder of the world on pallets from Germany rather than laying a temporary pitch to be replaced not long after.

  30. #29
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is. The reason it is in such good condition is that we have a small lighting rig now. There is barely any wear even where the goalies stand.
    A hybrid surface would only really be worthwhile if we were going to be using it more.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. Different game but the pitches at Murrayfield and Scotstoun (home of Glasgow Warriors) look outstanding. I spoke to one of the Warriors players and he said they didn't have any real injury problems which were caused by the surface. The quality of these hybrid pitches has improved significantly in recent years.

    In theory it would also allow the Development squad to play their games at ER without any concerns about wear and tear of the pitch.

  31. #30
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,768
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no way on this earth that the pitch they relaid last season was meant to be a temporary solution. Sportsound gave them a platform in the build up to last seasons cup derby telling all how making it was.
    It was.

    They laid a temporary surface (only 40mm apparently) when Cathro was there with the premise that it was the surface that was stopping the Gorgie Galacticos performing. They were 'meant' to then completely resurface at the time of the build of the new stand as they had plenty of time between the end of the season and the opening of the new stand in September ().

    I'm sure you know how that particular planning operation ran. For what it's worth i think it's a good thing, their pitch is a disgrace and anything that introduces further cost burden to our pink chums is fine by me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved