hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok fair does if right. Got the impression listening to the radio that night that they were shipping over the eight wonder of the world on pallets from Germany rather than laying a temporary pitch to be replaced not long after.
    He’s nit right. The pitch was laid last year and was supposed to be the digs danglies. Right down to his it was transported as turf from the continent. Never in a million years was it meant as a temporary measure.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    A hybrid pitch migh be their "preferred option", but the reality will more likely be a standard grass park being repaid. No danger will they spend £1M on a pitch.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    From Feb 2017...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...necastle-woes/

£200k last year to relay the pitch with plans to spend £1m on a hybrid 18 months later.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    From Feb 2017...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...necastle-woes/

£200k last year to relay the pitch with plans to spend £1m on a hybrid 18 months later.
    Well at the time on Sportsound they were salivating and boasting about the pitch they were putting down. If the suns report is acurate it’s no surprised at the lengths they go to talk up anything they do. All wind and pish IMO. Somewhere in the ordinary spectrum will be the truth about both solutions. Trumpets
    Last edited by greenlex; 13-02-2018 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    There is no way on this earth that the pitch they relaid last season was meant to be a temporary solution. Sportsound gave them a platform in the build up to last seasons cup derby telling all how making it was.
    Exactly. Spent a fortune, boasted about it, didn't work and now it was only temporary

Hybrid pitch, I’m sure hibs do have one.
    90% of the pitch is real grass, the remaining 10% is plastic which is down in the soil gripping the roots of the grass together to keep it tighter and stronger, less likely to be damaged.
    A good Hybrid pitch will last roughly 8/10years.
    However cheaper options available and might mean replacing before the 8/10years.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    I'm not sure how much a new pitch will improve things at the PBS, unless they upgrade the drainage the new pitch will still be soft and turn into a tattie field.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsforeurope View Post
    I'm not sure how much a new pitch will improve things at the PBS, unless they upgrade the drainage the new pitch will still be soft and turn into a tattie field.
    They won't want to significantly upgrade the drainage as that would restrict their options in the event of their having a player or two injured in the run-up to a derby.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    A new pitch again? I thought they'd imported the best grass the world has ever seen from Germany for 300k last season? A bigger waste of money than Steven Naismith.
    No. They said at the time that they would be laying a new hybrid pitch in 2018.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Exactly. Spent a fortune, boasted about it, didn't work and now it was only temporary
    Not true, I'm afraid.

From Feb 2017...

"Groundstaff started to rip up existing turf today and will lay a new pitch that will provide a stopgap until 2018 when the club plan to roll out a hybrid surface that could cost up to £1million."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-pitch-9861961
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    ^^^ Pesky facts!!

The pitch at ER is 100% grass. We’re now trying to say it’s hybrid in order to ‘keep up’ with them.

This is like when folk were claiming that we use a better standard of breeze block. Mental!!

^^^ Pesky facts!!

The pitch at ER is 100% grass. We’re now trying to say it’s hybrid in order to ‘keep up’ with them.

This is like when folk were claiming that we use a better standard of breeze block. Mental!!
    Our pitch is made from the petals of thousands of delicate flowers, and puppy fur collected by Peruvian virgins.

FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Our pitch is made from the petals of thousands of delicate flowers, and puppy fur collected by Peruvian virgins.

FACT.
    You have spelt pussy incorrectly.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    ^^^ Pesky facts!!

Did that happen? I only remember yams bringing up that ER is made of breeze block as a comparison with their new stadium which was going to be all marble, except for the bits that weren't.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Did that happen? I only remember yams bringing up that ER is made of breeze block as a comparison with their new stadium which was going to be all marble, except for the bits that weren't.
    That's what happened on the megastand thread. Shortly after the yam criticism someone was able to post images of their rather extensive use of breeze blocks.

Breeze blocks are of course an entirely appropriate material for this sort of project but they started it!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by andybev1 View Post
    I should think so.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/0...ferred-choice/

Hearts owner Ann Budge has confirmed that the club will lay a new pitch this summer – with a £1 million hybrid surface the preferred choice.

The existing turf was only put down a year ago at a six-figure cost but is already showing extensive signs of wear and tear, and any sustained period of rainfall makes underfoot conditions difficult for the players.

This was evident during the recent Premiership victory over St Johnstone, with manager Craig Levein saying afterwards: “When it’s really wet, it’s really bad it was really poor on Saturday, the players were slipping all over the place.”

Despite costs for the new main stand rising to £15 million, the club are keen to install a hybrid surface, which uses natural grass intertwined with artificial turf fibres.

Budge said: “As you will remember, a new surface was laid down this time last year, however, that was only ever intended to be a temporary solution.

“I am pleased, therefore, to announce that plans to relay the pitch in the summer have been approved by the board of directors.

“This will allow us to completely rip up the turf and the soil beneath it, something that hasn’t been done in nearly 20 years.

“This will represent another major financial commitment by the club but we believe it to be an essential investment that will benefit the team for years to come.”
    The Scotland rugby team already benefit from using a hybrid surface at neighbouring Murrayfield stadium, which Hearts used for four games earlier this season while Tynecastle was being redeveloped.

The SRU paid an estimated £1.25 million to lay the pitch in 2014.

English football sides Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool all use a similar surface
    Where are they getting the money???

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Hearts don't need money. They just rob other peoples.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Not true, I'm afraid.

From Feb 2017...

"Groundstaff started to rip up existing turf today and will lay a new pitch that will provide a stopgap until 2018 when the club plan to roll out a hybrid surface that could cost up to £1million."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-pitch-9861961
    Fair enough. Didn't realise that. Only remember the hype around their imported grass.

@hibs.net private member
    Delighted that they are investing in a decent pitch. It can only help Scottish football when all the bigger sides actually have surface fit for purpose. Again 8000 fans paying in a month is making a huge difference to them.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure someone that posts on here works for the company that makes the hybrid pitches. I think he said before that we don't have one.

I also think it is the only hybrid on the market as it is still patented to the company.

Fairly sure its hybrid at ER, Wikipedia claims so.

We have a hybrid pitch at ER and have had for a couple of years...along with a head groundsmanin Colin who knows how to look after a playing surface properly.

The Hybrid at Tattiecastle just means a mix of 3 different grasses...and Lee Wallace aint one of them

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    A hybrid pitch migh be their "preferred option", but the reality will more likely be a standard grass park being repaid. No danger will they spend £1M on a pitch.

This is Hearts we’re talking about. They always try to do things on the cheap (even though it sometimes ends up costing a lot more money).

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Out of the fans' pockets.

It’s cheaper to lay it on the smallest pitch in Scotland - basically like recarpeting a 5s pitch at world of football.

Keep spending the money yams - Budge will want it back soon!

It was.

There was chat of them doing a hybrid last year but they didn’t have the time so went with a temporary measure.

Why we we trying to find fault here? We’ve been slagging their pitch for ages and they’re finally doing something about it!

Yes but we like slagging them and its not as if they never slag us. They finally did something about their main stand and we slagged that loads. Once they fix their pitch we'll find something else, like their training facilities that they don't own but they like to lead everyone to believe they do.

Always try and associate themselves with big teams 😂

"English football sides Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool all use a similar surface"