hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tony Watt

A probably no from me. Boy can play a bit I reckon and playing for Hearts was never going to suit (although I recall him missing at least one sitter there).

Didn't he leave and announce something along the lines of him being too good for Scottish leagues anyway? Happy for things to stay that way.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Na

It's strange if he's only just been released today as it means he can't sign a contract with any British team until next season.

If he wasn't going to play, you would think his contract could have been terminated before the end of the January window.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    He’s a clever player and quite similar to stokes in the sense that he drops deep and likes to create his own chances. I wouldn’t be against signing him but as other have said I wouldn’t want to sign him if it meant Oli Shaw is pushed back. Just because he played for hearts wouldn’t put me off him signing for us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinMike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seconded !

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Seconded !
    Thirded!

Quote Originally Posted by Callyballybe View Post
    Thirded!
    Fourthded!

Personally I think he is only really saying out loud what a good number of players think anyway. No real problem with it myself.....

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Personally I think he is only really saying out loud what a good number of players think anyway. No real problem with it myself.....

Yeah but there’s a reason other players don’t say it out loud.

He will lucky to be earning any money from football in five years time. Hope the money is good enough for him then...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    It's strange if he's only just been released today as it means he can't sign a contract with any British team until next season.

If he wasn't going to play, you would think his contract could have been terminated before the end of the January window.
    He's a FREE AGENT!

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    He's a FREE AGENT!
    If he wasn't a FREE AGENT when the window closed then he can't move to a club whose window is closed now until the summer.

He is only able to sign for a British team before the summer if he became a FREE AGENT before the window closed.

Staggering he can come out with crap like that when a goal agsinst Barca is the only thing he's done. Scottish Championship level.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    You’d take him because he done well on a computer game for you? 😐
    Wasn't being completely serious lol. In reality he's an undoubted talent who has hitherto undoubtedly blown it. I wouldn't take him over what we have - especially if, as someone else posted, it would mean hindering Shaw's development.

On the other hand I think we're still a little light up front and, Kamberi and Maclaren being the relatively unknown quantities they are, a bit more depth in the squad wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. And if anyone's capable of bringing out the potential in the boy then it's probably Lennon. If Neil reckons he's worth a shot then I'm willing to trust his judgement.

Given the transfer rules though it looks like this is all academic anyway.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Don't see a big deal in what he said. We probably need another striker and he has talent so wouldn't have an issue with it.

Massive no. Nowhere near talented enough or have a good attitude. Living off that Barcelona goal.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDavidGray View Post
    Massive no. Nowhere near talented enough or have a good attitude. Living off that Barcelona goal.
    would rather we avoided him.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    If he wasn't a FREE AGENT when the window closed then he can't move to a club whose window is closed now until the summer.

He is only able to sign for a British team before the summer if he became a FREE AGENT before the window closed.
    He can't be transferred after the window closes, if he is a free agent he can sign at any time.

Left by mutual consent!
    He can't be transferred after the window closes, if he is a free agent he can sign at any time.
    Yes but he can't be registered as his registration was released after the close of our window so we'd be paying a player who won't actually be eligible til next season.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Some Hibs examples on this. Jonatan Johansson became a free agent around the October/November (in line with the summer football season of the league he was playing in). He signed for us soon after but couldn’t play for us until 1st January.

Derek Riordan’s contract unusually finished in the autumn (because his contract was signed before transfer windows existed). He signed a pre-contract with Celtic to take effect in the January. He was going to be in limbo between October and January as he couldn’t play. Celtic could not sign him immediately after his contract expired as they would not be allowed to play him in those intervening months as he was not a free agent at the end of the window. Hence why Celtic ended up doing the cut price deal in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Some Hibs examples on this. Jonatan Johansson became a free agent around the October/November (in line with the summer football season of the league he was playing in). He signed for us soon after but couldn’t play for us until 1st January.

Derek Riordan’s contract unusually finished in the autumn (because his contract was signed before transfer windows existed). He signed a pre-contract with Celtic to take effect in the January. He was going to be in limbo between October and January as he couldn’t play. Celtic could not sign him immediately after his contract expired as they would not be allowed to play him in those intervening months as he was not a free agent at the end of the window. Hence why Celtic ended up doing the cut price deal in the summer.
    Are yout saying that players can only sign and play for a club if they sign for that club within a transfer window, and that any player who does not have a club/contract when a transfer window closes can sign for a club, but can't play for that club until the next transfer window? If that's what your saying, then I have to disagree with you. Surely that would be viewed as restriction of trade. In my opinion Tony Watt, being a free agent will be able to sign and play for any club that wants to sign him.

Are yout saying that players can only sign and play for a club if they sign for that club within a transfer window, and that any player who does not have a club/contract when a transfer window closes can sign for a club, but can't play for that club until the next transfer window? If that's what your saying, then I have to disagree with you. Surely that would be viewed as restriction of trade. In my opinion Tony Watt, being a free agent will be able to sign and play for any club that wants to sign him.
    Isn’t it if a player is binned after the transfer window he can’t then play until next season here in Scotland. He could go to say Sweden who I think are just about to start. I could be wrong but sure I read this somewhere!

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

"Free agents can be signed by a club at any time during the season, if they had been released by their previous club before the end of the transfer window.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post

"Free agents can be signed by a club at any time during the season, if they had been released by their previous club before the end of the transfer window.
    "
    Knew I read it somewhere 👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    A probably no from me. Boy can play a bit I reckon and playing for Hearts was never going to suit (although I recall him missing at least one sitter there).

Didn't he leave and announce something along the lines of him being too good for Scottish leagues anyway? Happy for things to stay that way.
    Theres no many players that go to Tiny Tynie and play well. It is normally after they leave they play well, hertz kind of hoofba isnt good for their styles of play. Take a look at Johnsen they let go last season. Now on 9 goals in Holland.

That's your opinion but that's not how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post

"
    So, if the player was a free agent before the window opened, and was still a free agent when that window closed, he couldn't play for a club until the next window opened, furthermore, if a player and a club mutually agree to terminate the players contract outwith a transfer window, that, that player will not be able to play for another club until the next transfer window opens? If that's what's being said then again, I have to disagree.

He’s a nightmare and has a stinking attitude.

Keep well away from

So, if the player was a free agent before the window opened, and was still a free agent when that window closed, he couldn't play for a club until the next window opened, furthermore, if a player and a club mutually agree to terminate the players contract outwith a transfer window, that, that player will not be able to play for another club until the next transfer window opens? If that's what's being said then again, I have to disagree.
    It is the reason you see players released on the last day of the window.

If a player is not registered with a club at the close of the transfer window, they can register with a club out with the transfer window.

If a player is registered with a club at the close of the transfer window, and released after this, they cannot be registered with a second club during the"inter-window".

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    It is the reason you see players released on the last day of the window.

If a player is not registered with a club at the close of the transfer window, they can register with a club out with the transfer window.

If a player is registered with a club at the close of the transfer window, and released after this, they cannot be registered with a second club during the"inter-window".
    Exactly. It’s pretty straight forward!