hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 78 of 78

Thread: Tony Watt

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, if the player was a free agent before the window opened, and was still a free agent when that window closed, he couldn't play for a club until the next window opened, furthermore, if a player and a club mutually agree to terminate the players contract outwith a transfer window, that, that player will not be able to play for another club until the next transfer window opens? If that's what's being said then again, I have to disagree.
    doesnt matter how many times you disagree, thats how it works, a player can be signed anytime a club wants but cant be registered until the next transfer window


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    @hibs.net private member My_Wife_Camille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,207
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, if the player was a free agent before the window opened, and was still a free agent when that window closed, he couldn't play for a club until the next window opened, furthermore, if a player and a club mutually agree to terminate the players contract outwith a transfer window, that, that player will not be able to play for another club until the next transfer window opens? If that's what's being said then again, I have to disagree.
    Disagree all you want, yer wrong on both counts

  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is the reason you see players released on the last day of the window.

    If a player is not registered with a club at the close of the transfer window, they can register with a club out with the transfer window.

    If a player is registered with a club at the close of the transfer window, and released after this, they cannot be registered with a second club during the"inter-window".
    Doesn't make sense to me, it prevents a person working and that can't be right!

  5. #64
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    9,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't make sense to me, it prevents a person working and that can't be right!
    I feel a Bosman coming on

  6. #65
    Testimonial Due Green_one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,175
    So .........

    * He was poor with Hearts
    * He got dumped by his present club
    * He has a known attitude problem
    * He says clearly he does not want to play in Scotland and his style does not fit our football
    * He is not available to play until the next window

    WHERE DO WE SIGN? - Sounds ideal!!!

  7. #66
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    50
    Posts
    17,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't make sense to me, it prevents a person working and that can't be right!
    It is right, because generally players & clubs break contracts by mutual agreement. If a player doesn't have another club to go to then he will ordinarily be paid, at least in part, for the remainder of his contract. For example, this could be the equivalent of his basic wage (or a good percentage of it), without bonus or appearance money.

  8. #67
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    31,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, if the player was a free agent before the window opened, and was still a free agent when that window closed, he couldn't play for a club until the next window opened, furthermore, if a player and a club mutually agree to terminate the players contract outwith a transfer window, that, that player will not be able to play for another club until the next transfer window opens? If that's what's being said then again, I have to disagree.
    Check my earlier reply to you. That pretty much clarifies everything you need to know.

    Why do you think Stokes and Matulevicius were released before February 1st? It certainly wasn't for our benefit.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  9. #68
    @hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't make sense to me, it prevents a person working and that can't be right!
    They would be able to negotiate their release with their club though, so you would hope that the fact that they aren't able to find a club until the Summer would result in either:

    1. Their club keeping them on until the Summer, or
    2. Their negotiated payoff being higher due to the fact that they can't be paid by another team until the Summer

    I seem to remember some players being able to get around this rule by registering with a new club as an amateur a few years back, I imagine those players' expenses may be quite substantial...

  10. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't make sense to me, it prevents a person working and that can't be right!
    no it prevents them from playing, the club can sign them but not play them

  11. #70
    @hibs.net private member RagingReality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Falkirk
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_one View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So .........

    * He was poor with Hearts
    * He got dumped by his present club
    * He has a known attitude problem
    * He says clearly he does not want to play in Scotland and his style does not fit our football
    * He is not available to play until the next window

    WHERE DO WE SIGN? - Sounds ideal!!!
    We'd be replacing Anthony Stokes with... Anthony Stokes, but ****.

  12. #71
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are yout saying that players can only sign and play for a club if they sign for that club within a transfer window, and that any player who does not have a club/contract when a transfer window closes can sign for a club, but can't play for that club until the next transfer window? If that's what your saying, then I have to disagree with you. Surely that would be viewed as restriction of trade. In my opinion Tony Watt, being a free agent will be able to sign and play for any club that wants to sign him.
    No, I'm saying if you want to play for a different club outwith the transfer window you need to be a free agent at the point the previous window closed (meaning the window of the country of the club you are signing for). There's a few exceptions, e.g. emergency loans.

    This is why clubs release loads of players in the final days of the January window as there would be no incentive for the player to go after that point if he wants to play.

  13. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I'm saying if you want to play for a different club outwith the transfer window you need to be a free agent at the point the previous window closed (meaning the window of the country of the club you are signing for). There's a few exceptions, e.g. emergency loans.

    This is why clubs release loads of players in the final days of the January window as there would be no incentive for the player to go after that point if he wants to play.
    I consider myself well and truly told!

  14. #73
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,409
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no it prevents them from playing, the club can sign them but not play them
    That's the case but in reality very few clubs would actually sign a player in that scenario. They would generally sign them on a pre-contract, similar to what we did with Johansson and Celtic were going to do with Riordan.

    As someone else said in this thread, it wouldn't surprise me if this was the next Bosman / Andy Webster style test case. I'm not sure the player would win though as the contract is usually broken mutually. It would have to be a scenario where a player was effectively sacked outwith of the window, e.g. if the Portugal incident had happened in February and we then sacked Stokes.

  15. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I consider myself well and truly told!
    I disagree

  16. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree
    Kick a man when's down eh, git!

  17. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kick a man when's down eh, git!

  18. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the case but in reality very few clubs would actually sign a player in that scenario. They would generally sign them on a pre-contract, similar to what we did with Johansson and Celtic were going to do with Riordan.

    As someone else said in this thread, it wouldn't surprise me if this was the next Bosman / Andy Webster style test case. I'm not sure the player would win though as the contract is usually broken mutually. It would have to be a scenario where a player was effectively sacked outwith of the window, e.g. if the Portugal incident had happened in February and we then sacked Stokes.
    If it was allowed though then you'd effectively have no transfer windows (or one ongoing one).

  19. #78
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it was allowed though then you'd effectively have no transfer windows (or one ongoing one).
    True but I donít think the courts would be too bothered about that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved