hibs.net Messageboard

The Proclaimers concert Easter Road!

What was you reaction when seeing the title? Personally I think it would be brilliant. I had a conversation with Charlie at the end of December. You couldn't get a nicer guy but one question I forgot to ask was why have they never gigged Easter Road? Apart from Hands of Hibs(If your old enough to remember!).
    I think it's time we thanked them for what they have gave us over the years with a sellout show at ER. They have a new album and tour this year so have the logistics in place.
    Just asking what all you guy's think?
    GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Nice idea but concerts will just ruin the pitch. It took years for it to recover after fat Elton compressed the surface in front of the old East Stand. You could see the damage running from sSouth to half way right up until the new pitch was laid

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Rumour has it that Craig won't go near ER as long as Petrie is there. Could be bollocks of course.

Quote Originally Posted by DR1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was you reaction when seeing the title? Personally I think it would be brilliant. I had a conversation with Charlie at the end of December. You couldn't get a nicer guy but one question I forgot to ask was why have they never gigged Easter Road? Apart from Hands of Hibs(If your old enough to remember!).
    I think it's time we thanked them for what they have gave us over the years with a sellout show at ER. They have a new album and tour this year so have the logistics in place.
    Just asking what all you guy's think?
    GGTTH
    Don't think You'll never walk alone would be played now
    Not my cup of tea, but sure they could sell place out, though remember the state of the pitch after Elton John played.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice-Terry View Post
    Rumour has it that Craig won't go near ER as long as Petrie is there. Could be bollocks of course.
    Whys that? Do they know each other?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    That’s John Hughes you’re thinking of.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    What would a capacity be for a gig at Easter Road, and are The Proclaimers a big enough draw to sell an arena show out?

I love Hibs and I like the Proclaimers but while the Proclaimers->Hibs connection is fine for cup finals and all, I can’t be doing with the Hibs->Proclaimers thing at concerts. You’re there for the music, not to try and turn every lull into a Hibs chant. In fact I prefer seeing them outside Edinburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    What would a capacity be for a gig at Easter Road, and are The Proclaimers a big enough draw to sell an arena show out?
    It would also impact on the audience for their shows at smaller venues would people go twice?

Easter Road is not suited for concerts. It costs too much to build the stage, lighting rigs and sound system for the amount of tickets you can sell. The bands just can’t make money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I love Hibs and I like the Proclaimers but while the Proclaimers->Hibs connection is fine for cup finals and all, I can’t be doing with the Hibs->Proclaimers thing at concerts. You’re there for the music, not to try and turn every lull into a Hibs chant. In fact I prefer seeing them outside Edinburgh.
    I know what you mean. When I saw them a guy chucked his Hibs scarf at them at the end of the show, and they just awkwardly handed it back.

Can mind their gig at the castle when some folk started singing hibees hibees after SOL, thankfully not a lot of folk joined in

100% Yes! Get it sorted!

If the pitch is a bit bare afterwards , replace the turf. That shouldn't be a barrier to a once in a lifetime gig.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    100% Yes! Get it sorted!

If the pitch is a bit bare afterwards , replace the turf. That shouldn't be a barrier to a once in a lifetime gig.
    You can pay for the turf, that shouldnt be a barrier to a once in a lifetime gig.

Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Could maybe even do a couple of nights in the largest of our function suites?

Ok not exactly a ‘stadium gig’ but a bit more intimate with less hassle all round.

Absolutely not.
    I remember taking the wife to see them the Barrowlands, it was awful. Full of T in the Park types with Scotland flags who waved them for a bit when they played I'm Gonna Be and spent the rest of the time texting their mates, it was embarrassing.
    The gig I took her to at the Liquid Rooms in 2001 was something else though, I think along with the AEK game, it converted my Danish wife to Hibbiedom.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aalborg Hibs View Post
    Absolutely not.
    I remember taking the wife to see them the Barrowlands, it was awful. Full of T in the Park types with Scotland flags who waved them for a bit when they played I'm Gonna Be and spent the rest of the time texting their mates, it was embarrassing.
    The gig I took her to at the Liquid Rooms in 2001 was something else though, I think along with the AEK game, it converted my Danish wife to Hibbiedom.
    First time was in 1986 and last time was Lewis's testimonial and about 20 times in between.

Hertz are trying to get the black & white minstrels

Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    Hertz are trying to get the black & white minstrels
    Did Ivor Novello not dedicate Keep the Home Fires Burning to the chimney at Tiny?

Quote Originally Posted by Aalborg Hibs View Post
    Did Ivor Novello not dedicate Keep the Home Fires Burning to the chimney at Tiny?
    Or vera lynn after all WW1 and all that

That’s kinda odd as he bought an ST in the singing section in 2010 and has been in S44 ever since.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Murrayfield’s pitch always seemed to cope with the mega gigs with their mat thing covering the whole pitch, resembled a skinhead type of Hillend Ski slope surface, some big gigs there over the years, U2 etc with 70k or thereabouts, really, for what the Proclaimers have done for Hibs, this one should really be down to them if they wanted or not. It surprises me when working away, blethering fitba, how many other fans know & say they like SOL.