hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Weirdo.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He just can't keep his mouth shut just now. His team are ***** but he keeps getting more and more vocal
    Keeping his profile high so that the SFA know he's still around, and still a manager.

There are a million and one things we can slag Levein the loser for.

Choosing to infer because of a Lookalike or historic employees is in my opinion, really really ***** patter and a bit hun like. But each to their own!

Levein is a total cock and I hope he starts his 2 Ballon D'or nominees in March

Heard the same thing about Kevin McHattie and Scott Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Ha-ha-ha - if even half of their 'Thrilling prospects' had ever materialised, then we all wouldn't be moaning about the 'Old S**M' monopolising our game - our neighbours would be damned near unbeatable !. The first one I can remember was in the 60's/70's and they had a young player - Eric Carruthers - who they assured the world, was going to be 'something very special' ............... he was with them 6 years, scored an almighty 9 - yup NINE - goals - which wouldn't be too bad a total for a defender or a midfielder but the 'something very special' Carruthers was a forward !

Levein must be having sessions with Jabba - his interviews/statements are becoming more and more ludicrous with every passing day !

I played against Carruthers several times, he was good but nothing exceptional,

Got found out in the 0-7 game

Or was it the new year bevy that did that

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Heard the same thing about Kevin McHattie and Scott Robinson
    Correct. Its a continual cycle with these cranks. Throw them in then hype them up in a bid to get them capped then sold. Same old same old. Let them dodge away with 16/17 year olds every week because they will lose or draw more than they win if they do so. We have the best two teenagers in Edinburgh in Porteous and Murray and Lennon is managing them perfectly although I would like to see Murray getting more game time.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He could be right. To play at that sort of level you really need to be playing regularly in Scotland, or at a similar level, at a young age.

Fletcher was in the Hibs 1st team squad at 17, McCarthy and McArthur were playing for Hamilton at 16, Andy Robertson was playing regularly for Dundee Utd at 19, Paterson for Hearts at 18 and so on.

There's the odd exception of the late developer but if you are still only around the fringes of a Scottish Premiership squad in your early 20s chances are you have fpund your level or are going to find it on the way down rather than the way up.

Both the players Levein has named are, green tinted specs off, good young players and may well make it. At this stage of their development they are at the right level to have the potential to do so.
    I would agree with that. Hanlon and Stevenson were both playing with a degree of regularity at eighteen. IIRC Hanlon was fast-tracked into the first-team squad from a very strong dev team and his peers.

Over the years we have had young players who showed up tremendously at dev level and had their supporters - Damon Gray, Jordan Cropley, Jamie McCluskey to name three - but who weren't able to consolidate a a place at the top level. Maybe a reminder of just how well Stevenson and Hanlon have done.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    "Could go all the way to the EPL" might mean getting half a dozen games off the bench for Huddersfield or Swansea.

I'd have thought that that should be well within the reach of a couple of players who are holding their own in the Scottish Premier as 16 year olds.

He's not tipped them for Champions League medals or transfers to Barcelona.

Craig Levein is a gimp who talks utter pish, but I don't think he's said anything unreasonable here.
    Aye right... Still an a##e!

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post

Should have put hertz 1up before the cave in 😀

Left by mutual consent!

I think they got carried away with his blond, curly-hair/blue-eyes while they were hilariously sporting that Ajax-style top - they probably thought that if he looked Dutch ...................

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar

Don’t think he played in that game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vuefrom1875 View Post
    Should have put hertz 1up before the cave in
    Was Donald ford that should have scored , don’t think curruthers played in that game

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    Was Donald ford that should have scored , don’t think curruthers played in that game
    "At half-time, Hearts introduced Andy Lynch for Eric Carruthers, but there wasn't much improvement from a team that was totally demoralised at that stage. The 36,000 fans at least saw plenty of goals this time in contrast to the goalless affairs of past seasons – even if it was one-sided."

Could be wrong but I thought it was Donald Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Green forever View Post
    Could be wrong but I thought it was Donald Park.
    "Jim Brown was the one Hearts player who tried to compete with Hibs but he couldn't raise much response around him. It might have been closer if either Tommy Murray or Donald Park had scored in the first five minutes before Hibs began to display their devastating striking power."

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    "At half-time, Hearts introduced Andy Lynch for Eric Carruthers, but there wasn't much improvement from a team that was totally demoralised at that stage. The 36,000 fans at least saw plenty of goals this time in contrast to the goalless affairs of past seasons – even if it was one-sided."
    I was at the game to but can’t remember curruthers playing , then again it was a green blur that day

Don’t think he played in that game

He did, I think his top was covered in sweat, or the previous nights bevy, even when he came on at the start of the game ��
    Last edited by poolman; 12-02-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He could be right. To play at that sort of level you really need to be playing regularly in Scotland, or at a similar level, at a young age.

Fletcher was in the Hibs 1st team squad at 17, McCarthy and McArthur were playing for Hamilton at 16, Andy Robertson was playing regularly for Dundee Utd at 19, Paterson for Hearts at 18 and so on.

There's the odd exception of the late developer but if you are still only around the fringes of a Scottish Premiership squad in your early 20s chances are you have fpund your level or are going to find it on the way down rather than the way up.

Both the players Levein has named are, green tinted specs off, good young players and may well make it. At this stage of their development they are at the right level to have the potential to do so.
    Blood them young. There's only so much experience you can gain in training, you need to put theory to practise and if they're good enough for the first team then they're good enough.

Left by mutual consent!
    I was at the game to but can’t remember curruthers playing , then again it was a green blur that day

Fitting - sums up his career !