hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'd rest them both. The derby is the biggest game we've got left this season. I'd play a midfield 3 of McGeouch, Allan and Slivka. Boyle and either Swanson or McLaren wide and Kamberi up front.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about sticking Swannie in against Aberdeen and resting McGinn? I'd rather beat the Hearts than Aberdeen. Sorry if this shows a lack of ambition!
    Always good to beat them and, with their current state, also a chance to blood young players ;)

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    I'd rest them both. The derby is the biggest game we've got left this season. I'd play a midfield 3 of McGeouch, Allan and Slivka. Boyle and either Swanson or McLaren wide and Kamberi up front.

I have to disagree with the part that you have mentioned stating that that the derby is the biggest game we’ve got left this season. Every game prior and after the derby is a big game for us. Starting with this weekends game against Aberdeen.

@hibs.net private member
    The Aberdeen game is a bigger game than Hearts IMO and we should be going all out to get the three points. We are still in the hunt for 2nd and 3rd in the league so if McGinn or Bartley get booked so be it. McGeouch and Allan will have too much for Hearts anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    The Aberdeen game is a bigger game than Hearts IMO and we should be going all out to get the three points. We are still in the hunt for 2nd and 3rd in the league so if McGinn or Bartley get booked so be it. McGeouch and Allan will have too much for Hearts anyway
    Yup. A win against the sheep will be a massive signal of intent for the rest of the season where as a win against Hearts is expected.

Could probably get away without playing Marv on Saturday, but he's key for the derby.

Winning this game on Saturday is huge if we have any aspirations for improving our current position in the league.

If we lose we'll go 11 points behind Aberdeen and possibly 8 points behind Sevco. It would be unlikely that we would turn that around.

Win, however, and the gap becomes 5 points on the pair of them. Considering we still have them both to play after the split (hopefully) then it would be very doable.

Whatever happens in the derby, we can't let it affect how we approach this game on Saturday. We should be looking to play our strongest available side in every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Winning this game on Saturday is huge if we have any aspirations for improving our current position in the league.

If we lose we'll go 11 points behind Aberdeen and possibly 8 points behind Sevco. It would be unlikely that we would turn that around.

Win, however, and the gap becomes 5 points on the pair of them. Considering we still have them both to play after the split (hopefully) then it would be very doable.

Whatever happens in the derby, we can't let it affect how we approach this game on Saturday. We should be looking to play our strongest available side in every game.
    This .

Left by mutual consent!
    Play both on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Play both on Saturday.
    I think he may well go without Bartley on Saturday H especially if McGregor and Hanlon are fit which they are expected to be. I would leave him on the bench.......I don't think we need him in this game

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

I'd bet that Neil Lennon hasn't given Hearts a moments thought the last week, and his focus will all be for Aberdeen on Saturday. Strongest team to counter Aberdeen in the managers opinion will be played.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I'd bet that Neil Lennon hasn't given Hearts a moments thought the last week, and his focus will all be for Aberdeen on Saturday. Strongest team to counter Aberdeen in the managers opinion will be played.

And rightly so.

Testimonial Due
    Aberdeen are better than Hearts, so we should probably play our best players.

best players from those available will be selected to fit the managers tactics.

for Hearts the same shall apply. If McGinn and Marv are amongst both group then even better.

6 pts from 6 please.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Stupid bookings for them both at Ibrox, especially McGinn’s. Hopefully doesn’t cost us

Testimonial Due
    Tell Bartley not to celebrate too exuberantly when he scores.😀

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    How about sticking Swannie in against Aberdeen and resting McGinn? I'd rather beat the Hearts than Aberdeen. Sorry if this shows a lack of ambition!
    It does show a lack of ambition am afraid ...why on earth would we not play SJM against the 2nd best team in league...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It should be the best team we can field in every single game.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    It should be the best team we can field in every single game.
    Andrew Dallas is the ref for saturday. Not looking good for mcginn
    And bartley with this clown in charge.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m not sure Bartley will be in the starting 11 regardless of his booking situation, the team that played the majority of the Rangers game (the first half at least) deserve to keep their places, but with McGregor and Hanlon potentially returning it could be Bartley who loses his place....

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Both made it through the game today without being booked so are fine for the derby

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Both made it through the game today without being booked so are fine for the derby
    Notice Mav came on late for SJM the manager realised it was getting meaty and brought SJM to protect him and put Marv on knowing the tef wouldnt have enough time to book him. Good Squad management.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Notice Mav came on late for SJM the manager realised it was getting meaty and brought SJM to protect him and put Marv on knowing the tef wouldnt have enough time to book him. Good Squad management.
    I felt it was slightly risky. There wasn't a real need to bring Marv on. Was glad to see Mcginn withdrawn though. Levein will be raging

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    or walking a tightrope again against Hamilton in case they get a red?

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Could tell McGinn was being cautious. He didn’t jump into challenges as much as usual. Didn’t make him any less effective though

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    If McGinn gets booked next week, is it the 3 games before the split he would miss?

Left by mutual consent!
    It's well seeing how yesterday's result has affected our 'media' as every paper today has West Ham after SJM. Some of the headlines read as if the transfer-window ISN'T closed and they're going to be signing him tomorrow - the fear that the Hun could miss out on Europe has obviously greatly increased !

Quote Originally Posted by one day maybe... View Post
    If McGinn gets booked next week, is it the 3 games before the split he would miss?
    Is he a booking away from a 3 game ban? Thought it would just be one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Is he a booking away from a 3 game ban? Thought it would just be one game.
    I think it's 2 is it not?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    I think it's 2 is it not?
    It’s 2