hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Barstewards, pure and simple hun barstewards.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

Even a rag is useful for something, this ‘news’ paper is good for nothing.
    I said at the time of the cup win that they should be banned from ER, and the Hibs board should have refuted its coverage much more strongly than it did!!
    Last edited by Joe6-2; 10-02-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Despite everything and especially the cup final lies you will still see Hibs supporters reading or quoting the "Record".

Some football supporters of all clubs just have no self respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m no fan of the Daily Record but I’m not sure that headline was meant as malicious.

I suppose it can be taken out of context.
    Neither. The Record can of course publish some garbage, but I think the outrage here has been way OTT due to misinterpretation. I actually still don’t know what people are getting at?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Why look for any sort of angle to reporting a tragic death like this at all. Disrespectful, insensitive and as others have said probably driven subliminally by some crass old firm prejudice. Pathetic.😖😖😖
    I’m not seeing any OF angle here at all? Totally puzzled by this assertion.

I’m reading it as before he was diagnosed with cancer, he was living a great life in the US, had shared this with his mates, and then this has been tragically taken away from him.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    I’m not seeing any OF angle here at all? Totally puzzled by this assertion.

I’m reading it as before he was diagnosed with cancer, he was living a great life in the US, had shared this with his mates, and then this has been tragically taken away from him.
    I thought the same.

I was surprised by the reaction and was even more surprised by the apology from them.

I despise the paper but didn’t find the headline as insensitive as most others, including themselves did.

Left by mutual consent!
    Probably could've worded it better but I think it's clear that they were trying to show that he was living it up in the US before his tragic death.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Can anyone give a valid reason why the daily record aren't banned from Easter road? Shouldve been done after the cup final.
    I would have banned then too,I have never bought one since the cup final lies. I even refused free ones at airports. Utter rag
    Last edited by One Day; 10-02-2018 at 07:58 PM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Probably could've worded it better but I think it's clear that they were trying to show that he was living it up in the US before his tragic death.
    Really absolutely putrid headline.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    Despite everything and especially the cup final lies you will still see Hibs supporters reading or quoting the "Record".

Some football supporters of all clubs just have no self respect.
    Fair statement. Yet many of the folk on here, who proclaim to denounce and reject the rag, often ask others to quote what they’re saying. Kind of double standards in my book.

The original is an old story and was a bit of banter between Liam and his mates. They weren’t jealous, they were enjoying the craic and generally slagging each other off. Why the **** of a newspaper would want to bring it up again is anyone’s guess. It isn’t new and it certainly isn’t news! I do have an issue with this and I really don’t understand why others think it’s OK. They brought up an old news item just after a young guy dies from a horrible disease? Next they will be hacking his phone. Total ****s!

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Can anyone give a valid reason why the daily record aren't banned from Easter road? Shouldve been done after the cup final.
    and long before. Answer is Rod Petrie. To get then keep SFA role and now be a key cog in SFA he must play to their beat.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    The original is an old story and was a bit of banter between Liam and his mates. They weren’t jealous, they were enjoying the craic and generally slagging each other off. Why the **** of a newspaper would want to bring it up again is anyone’s guess. It isn’t new and it certainly isn’t news! I do have an issue with this and I really don’t understand why others think it’s OK. They brought up an old news item just after a young guy dies from a horrible disease? Next they will be hacking his phone. Total ****s!
    Couldn't agree more. Despicable

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Fair statement. Yet many of the folk on here, who proclaim to denounce and reject the rag, often ask others to quote what they’re saying. Kind of double standards in my book.
    Absolute opposite, i’d say. They (we) want to know what they are saying without giving the publication the click. That helps them pull in advertising.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Neither. The Record can of course publish some garbage, but I think the outrage here has been way OTT due to misinterpretation. I actually still don’t know what people are getting at?
    I’m not sure what the record we’re getting at. A man has died from cancer at 36. The record put out a story about him boasting about his life in the US. At a push I can imagine they were trying to show that very recently he was living a happy life and now he’s dead. Even if that’s the case, I still can’t see why they would do that the day after he died. Maybe in a few days with a more in-depth story to back it up. Which ever way you look at it it’s in extremely poor taste.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I’m not sure what the record we’re getting at. A man has died from cancer at 36. The record put out a story about him boasting about his life in the US. At a push I can imagine they were trying to show that very recently he was living a happy life and now he’s dead. Even if that’s the case, I still can’t see why they would do that the day after he died. Maybe in a few days with a more in-depth story to back it up. Which ever way you look at it it’s in extremely poor taste.
    When else were they going to print it? I don’t see the story as accusing him of ‘boasting’. I see it as saying he did what everyone does when they go abroad - take photos, put them on Facebook or whatever, and show you’re having a good time. The story was maybe relatively pointless but not ‘despicable’ and all the rest of it.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    It’s a bit of a doss headline, but I look at it as an effort to highlight how fickle life is, and how quickly things can change for the worse. A simple story would’ve been better, but I don’t think it’s ill-intentioned.

I think the problem is that the headline can be perceived by some as ‘Liam miller was acting an ar$e hole prior to his death’. I know and most people know that’s now how it was intended but in this situation the headline should never cause any doubt or debate about its message

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    It’s a bit of a doss headline, but I look at it as an effort to highlight how fickle life is, and how quickly things can change for the worse. A simple story would’ve been better, but I don’t think it’s ill-intentioned.
    Agreed, it’s a badly worded headline, nothing malicious. It’s probably a sign of the declining standard of journalism in this day and age.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    The DR have now issued an apology for the headline, and taken it down.

I'm still waiting for even an acknowledgement of my complaint to them about my own issue. Thankfully, I have better things to get on with and can proceed in the warmth of knowing that I've still got plenty reason for hating them. 🤣

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough Fisherrow Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Ban that rag from E.R

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
    It should get the same treatment as the sun does in Liverpool, god awful paper

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherrow Harp View Post
    This

People like Keith Jackson have never been brought to task about the lies of May 16. Boils my blood. This is the latest shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherrow Harp View Post
    I agree