hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Every time he got the ball I felt excited"..........

So says Potter on his new hertz starlet, 16 year old Anthony McDonald.... Hmmmmm😙

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by vuefrom1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So says Potter on his new hertz starlet, 16 year old Anthony McDonald.... Hmmmmm😙
    Typical Jambo boss hyperbole. Rix used to say the same about new talent.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    So says Potter on his new hertz starlet, 16 year old Anthony McDonald.... Hmmmmm
    He must be able to kick it higher than the school view lounge

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

To be fair to the Rolfmeister, I'll feel exactly the same when the Bartman goes right through him en route to Hibs scoring again against the Famous!

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post

Ouch..

Left by mutual consent!
    Maybe they are?

We will find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby soldier View Post
    In my view he's placing an awful lot of pressure on the shoulders of two kids. Very unfair. Whilst he may believe they have a good deal of potential, by continually getting focus put onto them, he's potentially doing them a lot of damage.

The man is an absolute clown.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby soldier View Post
    If I was their dad I would be pissed off with CL, as he is simply setting them up for a fall - they are 16 years old and have played a handful of times.

Levein is a fud.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Hype them up and sell them to pay the stand off. Levein really is the roaster’s roaster.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

He could be right. To play at that sort of level you really need to be playing regularly in Scotland, or at a similar level, at a young age.

Fletcher was in the Hibs 1st team squad at 17, McCarthy and McArthur were playing for Hamilton at 16, Andy Robertson was playing regularly for Dundee Utd at 19, Paterson for Hearts at 18 and so on.

There's the odd exception of the late developer but if you are still only around the fringes of a Scottish Premiership squad in your early 20s chances are you have fpund your level or are going to find it on the way down rather than the way up.

Both the players Levein has named are, green tinted specs off, good young players and may well make it. At this stage of their development they are at the right level to have the potential to do so.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Any time I’ve seen them they haven’t looked out of place, but they haven’t stood out either. The fact they’re holding there own at such a young age is testament to their talent, but ****ty breeks is jumping the gun big time here.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Manager talks up his own players shocker...

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    This is the guy who wouldn't give Jordan Rhodes a game for Scotland because he was 'too young' at 22.

Screw loose somewhere.

rolf harris lookalike

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    This is the guy who wouldn't give Jordan Rhodes a game for Scotland because he was 'too young' at 22.

Screw loose somewhere.
    Is that true? I didn’t think it was an age thing with Rhodes.

"Could go all the way to the EPL" might mean getting half a dozen games off the bench for Huddersfield or Swansea.

I'd have thought that that should be well within the reach of a couple of players who are holding their own in the Scottish Premier as 16 year olds.

He's not tipped them for Champions League medals or transfers to Barcelona.

Craig Levein is a gimp who talks utter pish, but I don't think he's said anything unreasonable here.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Ah good, the latest "LOL, LEVEIN'S SAID SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!" thread this week.

Couldn't give a toss about what he says until next time we play them. The only thing about the derby that matters is beating them and being above them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He could be right. To play at that sort of level you really need to be playing regularly in Scotland, or at a similar level, at a young age.

Fletcher was in the Hibs 1st team squad at 17, McCarthy and McArthur were playing for Hamilton at 16, Andy Robertson was playing regularly for Dundee Utd at 19, Paterson for Hearts at 18 and so on.

There's the odd exception of the late developer but if you are still only around the fringes of a Scottish Premiership squad in your early 20s chances are you have fpund your level or are going to find it on the way down rather than the way up.

Both the players Levein has named are, green tinted specs off, good young players and may well make it. At this stage of their development they are at the right level to have the potential to do so.
    100%, if a youngster wants to go down to the EPL they need to be playing regularly in the SPL by 18/19 years old, so to be doing it at 16 is a good start for them.

Levein is putting a huge amount of pressure on them though, I think he'd be managing them totally differently if Hearts weren't having to pay for their new stand. He is talking them up to boost their value as they are Hearts' next saleable assets. If they didn't have a shortfall in the funding for the stand then he probably would have signed some journeymen to play instead of them and wouldn't have them anywhere near the first team IMHO.

I've had a bit of fun with Jambo mates about 'Zico' Cochrane, or 'Socrates' Cochrane, the new Zidane, enter your own hyperbolic nonsense but to be honest I was very impressed with him the couple of times I've seen him. Looks like he's going to be a player. I think Levein is a suppository chomping, scraggle faced, cludgie hogging disgrace to the human race, but he's said nothing untoward there.

Typical hertz behaviour. Next instalment will be putting a £Xm value on the players. In fact maybe a 'come and buy them' invite based on potential only.

He's already described young Harry as a 'handsome young man' after the derby. Which needs no further comment really. He's done well at blooding in youngsters, as has been mentioned à few times already

Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Ouch..
    That's what they said I imagine given their age......

Scary stuff.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

He just can't keep his mouth shut just now. His team are ***** but he keeps getting more and more vocal

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xyz23jc View Post
    I'll feel exactly the same when the Bartman goes right through him
    This is getting unseemly.

Please play both of them against us !

First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    rolf and getting excited about young boys Hmmmmm indeed

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Ha-ha-ha - if even half of their 'Thrilling prospects' had ever materialised, then we all wouldn't be moaning about the 'Old S**M' monopolising our game - our neighbours would be damned near unbeatable !. The first one I can remember was in the 60's/70's and they had a young player - Eric Carruthers - who they assured the world, was going to be 'something very special' ............... he was with them 6 years, scored an almighty 9 - yup NINE - goals - which wouldn't be too bad a total for a defender or a midfielder but the 'something very special' Carruthers was a forward !

Levein must be having sessions with Jabba - his interviews/statements are becoming more and more ludicrous with every passing day !
    Last edited by Deansy; 12-02-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    rolf harris lookalike

Constantly going on about 'Two Little Boys'...