hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steven Caulker

Steven Caulker

What a signing by Dundee.

The top league in Scotland has attracted some good players in the last 12 months, long may it continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Iceman1875; 08-02-2018 at 06:27 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a signing by Dundee.

The top league is Scotland has attracted some good players in the last 12 months, long may it continue.

Doesn't come without baggage but a fantastic signing, would probably start in any Scottish teams starting 11 probably including Celtic.

Looking forward to calls of ''we should have signed him'' next time one of our defenders make a mistake.

Interesting signing is what I would say, hope it works out for him as he's had a tough time.

If it does work out for him,I suppose he will be with the Rangers next season ,press will see to that

Coaching Staff
    Who is he, who has he played for?

Is he just filling in

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Who is he, who has he played for?
    Spurs, Swansea, has a full England cap and scored vs Sweden. £8million player a few years ago. Ridiculous pedigree really.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Spurs, Swansea, has a full England cap and scored vs Sweden. £8million player a few years ago. Ridiculous pedigree really.
    Agreed, Southampton and Liverpool too.

18month contract too. Unbelievable bit of business

...but will he implode?

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Signings like this can only improve the image of our game.

No disrespect to Dundee but I wonder why he signed for them, surely had offers in the Championship.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    When he was on loan at Liverpool he was brought on 3 times as a sub if I recall and played up front each time.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    apparently not on very good money either, just wanted to be playing football, cant imagine he will need the money just now, have a good year up here and back down to england for good cash, win win for both both

Was reading he's had a tough time with mental health, gambling and drink. Hopefully sorted himself out, could be a great piece of business by Dundee.

Worth a punt. If it doesn't work out he could waterproof the showers.

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    Is he just filling in
    🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Was reading he's had a tough time with mental health, gambling and drink. Hopefully sorted himself out, could be a great piece of business by Dundee.
    Wouldn't have thought that you would choose to recover from drink and mental health issues in Dundee?

Potentially an outstanding piece of business, only 26 as well so he should be at the peak of his career.

Seems to have gone through a hard time so good luck to the guy.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Wouldn't have thought that you would choose to recover from drink and mental health issues in Dundee?
    Actually made me laugh out loud !

Didn't he play at the Olympics as well?

Really good signing for Dundee, a bit of a coup for them and the league as a whole.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I wish the guy well, except when he plays us, but I can't help but feel that there is more to his signing for Dundee than meets the eye. Is he untouchable down south because of his off field issues?
    The mind boggles otherwise how a multi million pound player ends up at Dens Park away from the spotlight and big money.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 08-02-2018 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    I wish the guy well, except when he play us, but I can't help but feel that there is more to his signing for Dundee than meets the eye. Is he untouchable down south because of his off field issues?
    The mind boggles otherwise how a multi million pound player ends up at Dens Park away from the spotlight and big money.
    I know he might not potentially be a match winner but at least we won't be playing them until next season, unless they make top 6. But hope he helps take points of others around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    I know he might not potentially be a match winner but at least we won't be playing them until next season, unless they make top 6. But hope he helps take points of others around us.
    I couldn't agree more

Dundee have had world class players over the years cannigia,ravvinela all be it the end of there playing years but players we would have been happy to play for us.
    Ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Didn't he play at the Olympics as well?

Really good signing for Dundee, a bit of a coup for them and the league as a whole.
    Yes, he's got 5 caps for Great Britain.

First Team Breakthrough
    He was very poor when at Liverpool couldn't understand why he got the chance
    Ordinary player

Quote Originally Posted by hibeeron View Post
    He was very poor when at Liverpool couldn't understand why he got the chance
    Ordinary player
    Not sure how you can say he was very poor at Liverpool? Pretty sure he made only 3 sub appearances and was thrown on up front in each of them.

A very good signing for Dundee. A few rumours kicking around that Rodgers had a hand in him coming up here. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Celtic in the summer or at the end of his contract if he's in good form and gets his head right. Eligible for Scotland as well so if he gets back to a decent level I wonder if he could be persuaded?

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    A very good signing for Dundee. A few rumours kicking around that Rodgers had a hand in him coming up here. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Celtic in the summer or at the end of his contract if he's in good form and gets his head right. Eligible for Scotland as well so if he gets back to a decent level I wonder if he could be persuaded?
    Does being capped for England not rule him out?

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    He has already been capped by England.