hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 57 of 57
  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,933
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was mate.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    18,138
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which is why not having a reserve league as a bridge from youths to 1st team is needed IMO
    Too much is made of this imo.

    What difference would a reserve league make? We couldnít afford to run a squad of that many senior players so would be made up of youngsters anyway. Just now I think we are allowed 3 overage players in these games and donít think we even put that many out? Iíd rather we beefed up our squad with youngsters than senior players that are only likely to be there to make up the numbers for the reserve side.

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    24,370
    Good performance today, should have been more though
    Good to see Swanson and Rherras get game time, and Oli get a hat trick
    Some of the younger lads doing just nicely, getting better by the week, and Ryan Porteous, Fraser Murray, and Callum Donaldson, regular starters, were along to cheer the boys on

    Good little crowd as well

  5. #34
    I think he will likely be released at season end but Lewis Allan did well again today with some good hold up play and lay offs for Oli. Could be a decent Championship striker and certainly had the physical presence for that league.

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he will likely be released at season end but Lewis Allan did well again today with some good hold up play and lay offs for Oli. Could be a decent Championship striker and certainly had the physical presence for that league.
    I was sitting right behind Gary Parker and he was on Allanís case for most of the second half. I would say it was more in an encouraging sort of way, rather than being critical. Parker was quite vocal all game tbh.

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  7. #36
    Sounds like another encouraging display from the U20s.

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Too much is made of this imo.

    What difference would a reserve league make? We couldnít afford to run a squad of that many senior players so would be made up of youngsters anyway. Just now I think we are allowed 3 overage players in these games and donít think we even put that many out? Iíd rather we beefed up our squad with youngsters than senior players that are only likely to be there to make up the numbers for the reserve side.
    We already have plenty of senior players who could be available to play in a reserve league.For example Swanson could have been playing to get his game back,McLaren,Porteous,Murray,Bell,ShawCertainly no need to sign extra players.The whole point would be to have a mixture of youngsters and more experienced.It would be a higher level than the Development squad.

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    24,370
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was sitting right behind Gary Parker and he was on Allanís case for most of the second half. I would say it was more in an encouraging sort of way, rather than being critical. Parker was quite vocal all game tbh.
    Was that your phone that went off in error, playing a strange tune, and the young girl went into hysterics😄

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    24,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he will likely be released at season end but Lewis Allan did well again today with some good hold up play and lay offs for Oli. Could be a decent Championship striker and certainly had the physical presence for that league.
    Since Lewis came back to Hibs in January, I think heís got better every week. Put in a power of work, gave Oli space to play
    But as you say, maybe better for him to move on

  11. #40
    Coaching Staff hfc rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,480
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: RD4138MU
    Encouraging stuff regarding Shaw & Swanson. 👍🏾

    How did Rherras do?

  12. #41
    Made it along today, first time at the Oriam and thought it was a pretty impressive facility.
    Like the look of Ben Stirling

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was that your phone that went off in error, playing a strange tune, and the young girl went into hysterics😄
    It was billy. I heard the music playing and Parker had his phone out, I presumed it was him. I remember thinking that he shouldnít really have his phone on during a game. It wasnít till the music kept going that I had the horrible thought that it might be my phone. Iíve no idea why the music came on as it wasnít anyone phoning me. It was an embarrassing moment

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  14. #43
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    24,370
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was billy. I heard the music playing and Parker had his phone out, I presumed it was him. I remember thinking that he shouldnít really have his phone on during a game. It wasnít till the music kept going that I had the horrible thought that it might be my phone. Iíve no idea why the music came on as it wasnít anyone phoning me. It was an embarrassing moment
    We all heard it, and I was checking my phone was well, just checking my ITunes didnít go off.
    I was in the row just behind you to the left. Glad you enjoyed the game, and didnít get thrown out!!

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We all heard it, and I was checking my phone was well, just checking my ITunes didnít go off.
    I was in the row just behind you to the left. Glad you enjoyed the game, and didnít get thrown out!!
    It was my iTunes that went off. . I wish I could make it to more of the development games, but usually Iím working.

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    18,138
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We already have plenty of senior players who could be available to play in a reserve league.For example Swanson could have been playing to get his game back,McLaren,Porteous,Murray,Bell,ShawCertainly no need to sign extra players.The whole point would be to have a mixture of youngsters and more experienced.It would be a higher level than the Development squad.
    But we only played two senior players today so we could have played more than we did?

    If there was a reserve league from next season say, what would we do differently? If a players coming back from injury they get to play in these games and if a player is well out the picture he can play in these games.

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    24,370
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But we only played two senior players today so we could have played more than we did?

    If there was a reserve league from next season say, what would we do differently? If a players coming back from injury they get to play in these games and if a player is well out the picture he can play in these games.
    Or in the case of Hibs just now, wouldnít be able to field a reserve and an under 20 team. Wouldnít have enough players, with the amount of injuries we currently have
    Also the cost Bingo of having extra players wages
    Most clubs have small squads just now, doubt anyone outside Celtic could afford 3 teams

  18. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But we only played two senior players today so we could have played more than we did?

    If there was a reserve league from next season say, what would we do differently? If a players coming back from injury they get to play in these games and if a player is well out the picture he can play in these games.
    Is there not a limit on the number of overage players?

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    18,138
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there not a limit on the number of overage players?
    3 I think.

    I canít really see us wanting or needing to play any more than 3 in a reserve team game anyway.

    We rarely seem to use all three anyway, thatís my point really. A reserve league wouldnít make any difference as most clubs are working with a smaller first team pool and youngsters in reserve anyway.

  20. #49
    First Team Regular Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    53
    Posts
    953
    Was impressed with Danny Swanson today. Covered loads of ground, always looking for the ball and making himself available for the pass to link midfield and attack. Some great driving runs and always got a trick to take on the defender - one good jinking run earning the penalty.

    Great attitude and work rate. Clearly looking to impress for First Team selection.

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    24,370

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    21,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A bloody fine penalty conversion right there.

  23. #52
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Hills
    Age
    55
    Posts
    7,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good coverage. Nice of Hearts to let us use their training facilities

  24. #53
    Why on earth was Crane playing . Perfectly good midfielders on the bench and they bring a guy back to play out of position. I heard he's getting released so why bother with him.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  25. #54
    Swanson and Shaw both looking sharp.

  26. #55
    @hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    My Bit
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,974
    I noticed the young boy Kane OíConnor is in Spain captaining the Scotland u17s. Does he play regularly in these games with Porteous at the back?

  27. #56
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,213
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was my iTunes that went off. . I wish I could make it to more of the development games, but usually Iím working.
    https://youtu.be/djV11Xbc914
    just for billy

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  28. #57
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    24,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I noticed the young boy Kane OíConnor is in Spain captaining the Scotland u17s. Does he play regularly in these games with Porteous at the back?
    No, heís only had a couple of sub appearances. He play for Hibs under 17ís, but expect him to step up to the under 20 development squad next season. Good prospect

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved