hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riyad Mahrez

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel a bit sorry for him.

After all he did to help them win the league I don’t think it’s unreasonable of him to want to move to a bigger club and try to play champions league football.

I know he’s got a contract and Leicester are entitled to turn down any bid they want, I just think they seem to have short memories.

Also realise I’ll be in the minority here!
    I actually agree. It looks to me like Leicester were being unreasonable with the fee they were asking for him. Man City offered a huge amount of money and if Leicester were being fair to a player that was a huge part, if not the biggest part, in them winning the league they'd have taken the big fee and moved on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    I actually agree. It looks to me like Leicester were being unreasonable with the fee they were asking for him. Man City offered a huge amount of money and if Leicester were being fair to a player that was a huge part, if not the biggest part, in them winning the league they'd have taken the big fee and moved on.
    Bearing in mind money is no object in the EPL so put that to one side.

If Celtic offered us 2 million in the last few hours of the window, we should accept it cause he helped us win the Scottish then promotion? What if we couldn't get our desired first choice replacement in cause that team wouldn't do business so late in the window? Or we had to fork out more than we budgeted for because buying at this stage of the window involves an added premium?

Had City bothered to bid a week or 2 earlier, Leicester MIGHT have sold. They'll sell in the summer, for around £70M I reckon but he could be the difference in them getting A) higher position in the league so extra £££ and B) Getting European football so they were well within their rights not to sell to the big boys with all the money IMO

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Yip, the person he should be annoyed with here is his agent, who should have insisted on a release clause.
    I was reading that his agent is small fry, his only other clients are a couple of guys from lower league in France or something. It may be that Mahrez is showing loyalty to an agent he's had for years, but that agent doesn't have the contacts/negotiating skills to get a move to the really big clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Bearing in mind money is no object in the EPL so put that to one side.

If Celtic offered us 2 million in the last few hours of the window, we should accept it cause he helped us win the Scottish then promotion? What if we couldn't get our desired first choice replacement in cause that team wouldn't do business so late in the window? Or we had to fork out more than we budgeted for because buying at this stage of the window involves an added premium?

Had City bothered to bid a week or 2 earlier, Leicester MIGHT have sold. They'll sell in the summer, for around £70M I reckon but he could be the difference in them getting A) higher position in the league so extra £££ and B) Getting European football so they were well within their rights not to sell to the big boys with all the money IMO
    He was apparently sitting in Paris Airport waiting to fly somewhere so he certainly thought he was moving and that would suggest Leicester had indicated as such. I reckon they thought they'd get their inflated price but it backfired on them. They already have his replacements in the team with Silva and Gray.

City aren't fussed. they were buying him for £60 mill plus a player to stand in for Sane for 7 or 8 weeks while he's injured.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    He signed a 4 year contract at the start of the season.
    He signed the new contract in August 2016 just after Leicester won the League title.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    He signed the new contract in August 2016 just after Leicester won the League title.
    Ok apologies must have picked it up wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    As exclusively revealed in my post from last night 👍

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Stop worrying folks, his depression is over, he's laughing with with the rest of the team outside the bus taking them to tomorrow's game.

He's miraculously made himself available for the game after his illness, lets hope he's better. #prayforMahrez

Stop worrying folks, his depression is over, he's laughing with with the rest of the team outside the bus taking them to tomorrow's game.

He's miraculously made himself available for the game after his illness, lets hope he's better. #prayforMahrez

Leicester should leave him on the bench.

Trouble with football today is, if you're good enough you can do whatever you like

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    but the chances are they wouldnt have got a decent replacement last minute, why should they sell that late in the day if it makes them weaker as a team?

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I was reading that his agent is small fry, his only other clients are a couple of guys from lower league in France or something. It may be that Mahrez is showing loyalty to an agent he's had for years, but that agent doesn't have the contacts/negotiating skills to get a move to the really big clubs.
    he now has kai joorabchian as his agent so safe to say he will be away in the summer