hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riyad Mahrez

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Riyad Mahrez

Is this guy on strike or something. Not training or playing since his transfer was blocked. Is there more to this than meets the eye?

I personally think he’s a disgrace to his club, his team mates and the Leicester supporters

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this guy on strike or something. Not training or playing since his transfer was blocked. Is there more to this than meets the eye?

I personally think he’s a disgrace to his club, his team mates and the Leicester supporters
    His ultimate punishment will be at end of season get lucrative move.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post

Think he was pretty upset that he didn't get a move in January. He'll be emotionally incapable of playing, the delicate wee flower that he is.......

If Leicester have told him he would be allowed to go and then went back on it, he is probably right to be upset. Daft not to play though, he should be working his arse off to keep improving and get an even better move.

I think Leicester told him he could leave if his valuation was matched. As far as I remember reading Man City didn’t want to meet it. Mahrez will get himself a bad reputation I would imagine which could ultimately scupper any big move in future.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Leicester don't need to sell so valued him accordingly and refuse to compromise as it wasn't met.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    If Leicester have told him he would be allowed to go and then went back on it, he is probably right to be upset. Daft not to play though, he should be working his arse off to keep improving and get an even better move.
    A strange decision...not the time to refuse to play when the windows shut and he cant move elsewhere anyway.

He's being a spoiled brat. He's also a stupid guy as the window is shut and he's not going anywhere until the window is open in the summer. What he hopes to achieve with this behaviour I've no idea but although I'm sure teams will want to sign him they now know his temperament is suspect. Players have so much money in the epl they lose touch with reality and all he is doing with his behaviour is peeing off his teammates and the supporters and he will have a very uncomfortable few months ahead before the window.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This is the third they time they have said to him he can leave and gone back on it, they are just as bad as each other imo

i was hoping he was signing when I didn't see the (NHC)

@hibs.net private member
    Bad attitude from the player, needs to realise he’s in a privileged position and do what he’s paid ridiculous money to do. I don’t think Leicester are completely blameless tho as they’re valuation of him is over the top imho, he’s not worth the money city offered and I think they’ve held him for ransom.

First Team Regular dalkeith stu's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibeestu07
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I think Leicester told him he could leave if his valuation was matched. As far as I remember reading Man City didn’t want to meet it. Mahrez will get himself a bad reputation I would imagine which could ultimately scupper any big move in future.
    Didn't seem to do Sanchez any harm!!

If he's in breach of contract, Leicester should refuse to pay him and give him something to really get upset about.

It's a tricky one.
    From the outside it appears the guy is acting like a Billy big baws spoilt brat..

But!

From the info coming out from 'his side' he appears to be suffering depression/stress related illness..

Who knows the truth?

Neil Lennon was widely reported in the media today suggesting that the player needs to be supported to gain any mental health guidance he may require.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    It's a tricky one.
    From the outside it appears the guy is acting like a Billy big baws spoilt brat..

But!

From the info coming out from 'his side' he appears to be suffering depression/stress related illness..

Who knows the truth?

Neil Lennon was widely reported in the media today suggesting that the player needs to be supported to gain any mental health guidance he may require.
    My arse, he's got the hump because he couldn't get away.

I bet when he leaves them in the summer, he will be fine and stress free.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    My arse, he's got the hump because he couldn't get away.

I bet when he leaves them in the summer, he will be fine and stress free.
    Difficult to prove though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Difficult to prove though.

Not really, when he gets his move his mood will suddenly improve, his toys are out the pram and the dummy is way over the other side of the room.

I bet city are glad they pulled out, they'd have been in all sorts of bother with this poor chap and his illness.

This prick is making a mockery of those players and people who are genuinely depressed, and really ill with stress.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I feel a bit sorry for him.

After all he did to help them win the league I don’t think it’s unreasonable of him to want to move to a bigger club and try to play champions league football.

I know he’s got a contract and Leicester are entitled to turn down any bid they want, I just think they seem to have short memories.

Also realise I’ll be in the minority here!

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

After all he did to help them win the league I don’t think it’s unreasonable of him to want to move to a bigger club and try to play champions league football.

I know he’s got a contract and Leicester are entitled to turn down any bid they want, I just think they seem to have short memories.

Replace Mahrez with John McGinn Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by dalkeith stu View Post
    Sanchez didn’t refuse to train though. Still turned, up even if he wasn’t playing to his full ability.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Think he was pretty upset that he didn't get a move in January. He'll be emotionally incapable of playing, the delicate wee flower that he is.......
    In other words he's an else.

Leicester signed Mahrez for £400,000. Now they are looking for £95 million.

It will rebound on them as they have seriously pissed off the player. He may not play for a while and his valuation will plummet such that when they sell him in the summer he will go for a much lower sum than the £60 million that City were prepared to offer last month.

The losers will be Leicester City and Mahrez himself.

A wee fanny who's forgotten who took the risk on him and have him his big break in the first place.
    He must have a right couple of knobheads as agents though, agreeing to a contract without a release clause.

If he keeps this up, I hope Leicester sue him with breach of contract and withhold pay.

Quote Originally Posted by dalkeith stu View Post
    Big difference is Sanchez could have walked for nowt in the summer. Mahrez signed a four year deal at the start of last season.

Toys out the pram cause Leicester wouldn't sell. And on deadline day, with limited time to get in a replacement when they're chasing European football why should they?

I understand they signed him for "peanuts" in terms of EPL money and are making a substantial profit but why should they bow? I'm actually surprised he never got his move last summer, and I've no doubt he'll be gone in the summer so just pull yourself together, continue getting paid a tidy £100k a week and move on then. League winning hero or not he should give his all. Sure as **** we'd be going mental if SJM went on strike cause he never got a move to Celtic for example.

City and pep are getting off lightly imo. Here's a coach renowned for bringing through players from the academy and he's throwing money around like they're fun coupons. Capable of playing in an attacking midfield position in the absence of Sane they've got Silva x2, toure, De Bruyne, sterling, gundogan then the young lad fodden everyone is raving about.

The "depression" chat is the biggest pile of ***** anaw that boils my blood. You've got the fella that plays for, cowdenbeath I think? And the chap in England who's name escapes me being brave enough go open up about mental health, something that has a huge stigma attached to it then you've got these pampered princesses on hundreds of thousands of pounds a week moaning about this? **** right off!!!

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    The "depression" chat is the biggest pile of ***** anaw that boils my blood. You've got the fella that plays for, cowdenbeath I think? And the chap in England who's name escapes me being brave enough go open up about mental health, something that has a huge stigma attached to it then you've got these pampered princesses on hundreds of thousands of pounds a week moaning about this? **** right off!!!
    Does the amount of money someone earns make them immune from depression?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

I'm with you. He's outgrown Leicester and shown them commitment by staying with them for 4 windows now since they won the league despite seemingly wanting a bigger move.

He's at his peek now so it's the best chance he'll get for a huge contract.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    I'm with you. He's outgrown Leicester and shown them commitment by staying with them for 4 windows now since they won the league despite seemingly wanting a bigger move.

He's at his peek now so it's the best chance he'll get for a huge contract.
    He signed a 4 year contract at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post

Yip, the person he should be annoyed with here is his agent, who should have insisted on a release clause.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I took it to be a bit like the Jason Cummings situation. Loyalty goes both ways as somebody not so kind said on here the other day.