hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    @hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    I remember I once went through to Greyskull in the early 80s on a supporters bus for the second leg of a league cup game (I think). We were parked up a fair walk from the stadium and had to get through hordes of these vile trolls. They were all making snide comments, kicking our ankles, trying to provoke a reaction to make us look to be aggressors. I think we lost on the night, but went through on aggregate. When most of us got back to the bus, it wouldn't start and we were surrounded. We got it going eventually, but it was one of the scariest experiences of my life. They were even waiting for us on the motorway bridges to pelt the bus. Never been so glad to get back to Edinburgh.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happens every time mate. The minute elements of The Rangers support are exposed and rightly criticised there’s posters on here bleating ‘ah but there’s also others who almost as bad.. what about ..... ???’

So instead of jumping to the Huns’ defence why don’t they just start threads when other teams fans do something that’s ‘just as bad’ ... ?

We all have our zoomers to contend with but The Rangers are by far the absolute worse.
    Who's jumping to the Huns defence?

People are merely pointing out that Celtic are the Yang to the Huns Yin.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    I remember I once went through to Greyskull in the early 80s on a supporters bus for the second leg of a league cup game (I think). We were parked up a fair walk from the stadium and had to get through hordes of these vile trolls. They were all making snide comments, kicking our ankles, trying to provoke a reaction to make us look to be aggressors. I think we lost on the night, but went through on aggregate. When most of us got back to the bus, it wouldn't start and we were surrounded. We got it going eventually, but it was one of the scariest experiences of my life. They were even waiting for us on the motorway bridges to pelt the bus. Never been so glad to get back to Edinburgh.
    That was the one nil loss to a Davy Cooper free kick but went thru to 85 league cup final on aggregate.
    Rememberleaving the bottom tier of the Broomloan road stand, we had both lower and top and they were mixing in with us, saw a lad slashed across the cheek, it was gruesome, they are vile fans and that will never change

I went to the game at Mordor the night after McLeish went there. The game Paco Luna scored first for us in a one all draw. The bus, can't mind what one dropped us off about a ten minute walk from the ground. Was the worst walk of my life, wasn't hit but verbally abused and threatened.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal G View Post
    That was the one nil loss to a Davy Cooper free kick but went thru to 85 league cup final on aggregate.
    Rememberleaving the bottom tier of the Broomloan road stand, we had both lower and top and they were mixing in with us, saw a lad slashed across the cheek, it was gruesome, they are vile fans and that will never change
    That's the one!

We had a part of a paving slab through the bus skylight from one of these bridges, could have killed someone

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Who's jumping to the Huns defence?

People are merely pointing out that Celtic are the Yang to the Huns Yin.
    Some people more so than others. Which is ironic given the thread is about the Hun

In the interests of balance, I would point out that the Hun haven't had it all their own way. I recall some tangles late70's- early 80's in Easter Road and they weren't dishing it out.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    One of the guys with Carl is a good friend of mine, a Glasgow Hibby who posts on the Bounce occasionally. It happened alright.
    i spoke to him yesterday. it was worse than reported in the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    i spoke to him yesterday. it was worse than reported in the paper.
    Can you elaborate?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal G View Post
    I was sitting on my hands in the top deck of the govan stand. Thank god we never scored and i blew my cover. Was envoiously looking over at the Broomloan wishing i was in there. They were spewing at the end was hard to keep a straight face
    45 AND RISING

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    FAO sadtom - that's quite a host of stories that demonstrate just how despicable some of these people are. Attacking kids ffs? Fortunately I think this has started to die out.
    Yes. (also to Nae Nookie) I would imagine that it could still occasionally happen but would be extremely isolated incidents. Nowt like it was. Thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    I went to Holy Cross too but I was more scared of Mrs. McLeod's belt than any daft orangemen waiting at the bus stop to get me.
    The orange hate was a breeze compared to that sadistic old trout. I once got 4 of the best just for dropping my pencil.
    I was 8

Cant remember the name. But do remember one nasty auld bisom. May have been her, but she retired when i was P 3or4.
    But before she left i still had one run in with her. She made 3 of us put our hand face down on the table, then tucked our fingers under. Like a fist but not clenched, then she banged down on top of our knuckles. It was f****** agony. Could easily have broken bones or caused damage. This was for talking and mucking around at the dinner table!!! Incredible that these people were allowed to do that to kids.

Strangely i always remember that game as one of the easiest ever, especially during the 80's, at Ipox. Around 8/9k Hibbies there and for once they didn't want to know outside. Bog standard league games in the 3/4 years previously, when we struggled to take 3/400 through were terrifying in comparison.