hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7 points.

Blog Entries

7 points.

Gutted that hearts are on a massive winning streak,if only we could catch up with them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I’m struggling to remember the last time hibs were 7 up over hearts tbh.

Natural order restored.

Blog Entries
    "8 games wi' clean sheets..........How come youse are STILL 7 points ahead ?"

Muppets....

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Aye aye, but when they get back to tynecastle they’ll be above us in no time.......... apparently

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye aye, but when they get back to tynecastle they’ll be above us in no time.......... apparently
    Fouls,bookings and red card's don't count.......goals do.

If they're given.

First Team Breakthrough GillyHibee's Avatar
    Just hope we have now came into a bit of stability within the team now that the whole Stokes/Portugal saga is behind us. Will be good to see the new signings making an instant impact in the team.

Oh and keep the gap between us and the Gunts

Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    Fouls,bookings and red card's don't count.......goals do.

If they're given.
    True they’ve always been top of the dirty *******s league.

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    Hmmm,dirty "persons" league for the last 10 years........hearts must be up there.

Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    Hmmm,dirty "persons" league for the last 10 years........hearts must be up there.
    Some teams try and play football and entertain the paying public and some teams are hearts.

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    Some teams try and play football and entertain the paying public and some teams are hearts.

We didn’t play particularly great against Celtic and Motherwell but still did better than those insignificant maggots

We’re now guaranteed to come out of another horrendous run of fixtures ahead of them. I said last week 6 points from Dundee and Motherwell was a must, and if, after the Aberdeen game, we were ahead of hearts we would pull right away as they then have a tougher run in. Hopefully pick up some points from our next two and keep the gap more than 3 points (can’t see hearts not winning both games)then we will finish at least 6 clear of them come the end of the season. Tonight was a huge result for our season.

Hearts.... that only club that can break a club clean sheet record and end up further behind Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Hearts.... that only club that can break a club clean sheet record and end up further behind Hibs
    They got a bit above their station after a number of Levein inspired 0-0 draws. They're back in their Tiny box now.

Mind the gap ya gimps.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Killie and St J both have 3 games in hand over them... I can see them being caught and passed

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scott...saison_id=2017

Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Killie and St J both have 3 games in hand over them... I can see them being caught and passed
    They've got the Saints this weekend. Lose that at home and the pack are right on their tails and they will be likely to be bottom six.

If we're serious about making a run for a European place we need to be getting something from Ibrox. A big weekend for both teams.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 221000 View Post
    The only surprise in there for me is that Ross County are not lower. They are certainly agricultural in the way they "play".

That number 7 seems to plague the Yams. Remember they were also going on a run of 7 home games at the end of the year and would be above us before Christmas...just not Christmas 2017

On the subject of red cards since the beginning of the of the spl the gunts must be top of the table for them seem to get one every 3/4 games always thought about this dirty barstewards

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    They've got the Saints this weekend. Lose that at home and the pack are right on their tails and they will be likely to be bottom six.

If we're serious about making a run for a European place we need to be getting something from Ibrox. A big weekend for both teams.
    You're right, very big weekend. If we can avoid defeat or better then that'll be a great result. They've strengthened well so will be tough, but we can do it.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

I'd disagree.

Going into the recent run of 5, I was focusing on wanting wins over Dundee and Motherwell. Any points from Celtic, rangers, or Aberdeen would be a bonus.

I'm expecting to only have a 1 point lead over hearts by the time we play Killie on 24/2 - it's kicking on from there and getting a good return from: Killie, Hamilton, Hearts, saints, Partick, and county that will determine if we get Europe.

Edit: this is on the assumption that 4th is what we're after for Europe so long as one of the top 3 win the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I'd disagree.

Going into the recent run of 5, I was focusing on wanting wins over Dundee and Motherwell. Any points from Celtic, rangers, or Aberdeen would be a bonus.

I'm expecting to only have a 1 point lead over hearts by the time we play Killie on 24/2 - it's kicking on from there and getting a good return from: Killie, Hamilton, Hearts, saints, Partick, and county that will determine if we get Europe.

Edit: this is on the assumption that 4th is what we're after for Europe so long as one of the top 3 win the cup.
    In agreement with this too...Sat and Aberdeen at home are "free shots" for us and any points a bonus...tho certainly not beyond us. But we have a much easier run in than the Gunts so the 6 points from Dundee and Well were a must so job well done.

As an aside we think we r light on striker front - they only have laughatme and Naismith now- neither are What you would call prolific. Can see a lot of Levein inspired 0 0's coming their way

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    In agreement with this too...Sat and Aberdeen at home are "free shots" for us and any points a bonus...tho certainly not beyond us. But we have a much easier run in than the Gunts so the 6 points from Dundee and Well were a must so job well done.

As an aside we think we r light on striker front - they only have laughatme and Naismith now- neither are What you would call prolific. Can see a lot of Levein inspired 0 0's coming their way

I disagree and I've read this on a few threads now. Since when was Aberdeen at home a free swing? It's Aberdeen FFS. We were the better team for most of the last game at Easter Road and I'd expect it to be the same again. A good side, with some good players but they are far, far from unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    I disagree and I've read this on a few threads now. Since when was Aberdeen at home a free swing? It's Aberdeen FFS. We were the better team for most of the last game at Easter Road and I'd expect it to be the same again. A good side, with some good players but they are far, far from unbeatable.
    I never said they were unbeatable...I said we were more than capable of taking points off both them and Sevco. But we had to win the 2 matches against Dundee and Well and we have so to some extent the pressure is off a wee bit in next 2 league games. These type of games tend to bring out the best in us and am hopeful they will again

Quote Originally Posted by Garymcl View Post
    On the subject of red cards since the beginning of the of the spl the gunts must be top of the table for them seem to get one every 3/4 games always thought about this dirty barstewards
    Yep; since 1994, Hearts have earned 71 red cards in 433 games in the top flight, or roughly one red card in every six games, the worst record in that timeframe. The average is about one red card in every 9.4 games. Hibs actually have a below-average record, with a red card about every 8 games or so.
    Last edited by Aim Here; 01-02-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    I never said they were unbeatable...I said we were more than capable of taking points off both them and Sevco. But we had to win the 2 matches against Dundee and Well and we have so to some extent the pressure is off a wee bit in next 2 league games. These type of games tend to bring out the best in us and am hopeful they will again

Yeah, I agree. Which is why I've found it strange reading some posts over the last week or so that seem to have written off the home game against Aberdeen as if we'll be lucky to get a point. I had been lazy above and hadn't fully read your post, so apologies. I think last night was a huge point in our season though and IMO we'll now kick on and stretch away from the weirdos across the city.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Nah surely that can't be right? They've been on that super massive incredibly impressive unbeaten run and all those absolutely incredible clean sheets! Can't be as much as 7 points behind, surely not??

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Which is why I've found it strange reading some posts over the last week or so that seem to have written off the home game against Aberdeen as if we'll be lucky to get a point. I had been lazy above and hadn't fully read your post, so apologies. I think last night was a huge point in our season though and IMO we'll now kick on and stretch away from the weirdos across the city.
    Aw no worries mate...I've deffo not written it off nor Sat at Ipox either...we are more than capable of taking at least a point on Sat too