Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
Tracey has a few items on a list that she will be bringing up with our safety officer, and I'd imagine this incident with Carl Macar will also be included. I have no idea what happens next, but I'd hope that the security officer will then be raising this with Rangers, otherwise the whole exercise is pointless.
I think there must be dialogue between the clubs though, because despite this not painting a pretty picture along with a couple of other complaints from last Saturday's game, the policing of home Rangers/Celtic games against Hibs has changed for the better compared to what it once was. By standing up for ourselves over these latest issues, like it looks like we have done with previous complaints, there is a greater chance of seeing some noticeable change.
This is not a criticism of Hibs, the fans reps, the police or anybody else, but I think this is entirely missing the point. That point being that its not progress having better stewarding or better policing at Ibrox making away fans safer. Progress will be when those extra better trained stewards and extra police aren't needed at all.

Progress will be when the massive number of moronic idiots who follow that club are made to face up to the fact that its not acceptable to hurl sectarian abuse at people, its not acceptable to throw stuff at them, and it sure as hell isn't appropriate to spit on anybody, never mind disabled people. Is it not the case that the incident with their supporters bus in Easter Road a year or so ago was caused by one of them opening the doors and spitting on a wee Hibs fan who was with his dad on the way to the game? ....... they are the vilest cretins on the planet. Every club has its idiots, including Hibs, but they seem to be a breed apart when it comes to the extent and size of the problem they have, its massively out of proportion to even a club of their size.

Every club, every damned club, from the biggest to the smallest visiting that stadium more than once comes away with one story or another of incidents inside or outside the ground .... a few seasons ago even the chairman of Morton had a go at them in the club's programme about the way their fans were abused ( not Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts ..... Morton FFS ) even fans of the one club they might consider closest to their 19th century mindset in the aforementioned Hearts don't get a pass ........... nobody is immune from their bile.

Their fans forums are a cesspit of sectarian bigotry where posts promoting violence against fans of other clubs don't even merit a raised eyebrow from whatever the have that passes for an admin and where any condemnation of their disgusting, bigoted and violent behaviour that appears in the press or TV is dismissed as anything from lies to jealousy to a Catholic conspiracy.

The last place to look for condemnation of or a solution to this behaviour is within the corridors of Ibrox ... since its rise from the grave 5 years ago the people running that club far from condemning what goes on have pandered to the worst elements of its support. If its paranoid, bigoted or looking for absolution for pure hooliganism it can count on support or at the very least a blind eye from the very people who should be the voice of reason.

Its a vile club from top to bottom and until those of their fans who think it is appropriate to do away with its 19th century religious nonsense and drag its approach to supporter behaviour out of the 70s can make a dent it always will be.

As for a minutes applause ....... no way, that's for acknowledging national events or remembrance of people of significance to this football club, including its supporters and IMO to use it as a way of showing our disgust at this incident, no matter how abhorrent it was, would be to cheapen it.