hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, it's not just you.

I think it's weird.

There is a right way to go about it, and a wrong way. I think it is an empty gesture and that it totally smacks of oneupmanship.

The right things to do would be to slash Sevco's allocation when they come to Easter Road (as has been suggested). Make them feel as unwelcome as we can without crossing any boundaries.

I don't much like going down the statement route, but I think that the problem needs to be highlighted. The media just get bullied, they bow to the lunatic fringe. Some sort of official statement would by now be welcome. Hibs have been quiet and dignified for a while, but enough is enough. Rangers cranked up the poisonous atmosphere that exists between the clubs after the 2016 cup final and I think Hibs have done the right thing not to get involved up until now. But when our blind fans are being assaulted at Ibrox, someone has to stand up and demonstrate that this is not acceptable.

Not that I think it will happen. There is a Sevco-sympathising (or possibly fearing) faction within Easter Road, who I am not convinced give a flying one.
    so whats the answer then if nothing will be done?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    so whats the answer then if nothing will be done?
    I don't know.

But I'm fairly convinced a minute's applause with Aberdeen's fans will not make a big difference.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    There wasn't much support for an applause on the forum it was posted on so the guy who suggested it has now suggested that they display a banner instead. There hasn't been any response to this idea yet.
    How about chanting “if you hate the ****ing Rangers clap your hands” we could do this on the 30th minute

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I don't know.

But I'm fairly convinced a minute's applause with Aberdeen's fans will not make a big difference.
    seems everything we do does not make a difference, maybe we should all go back and hide under that fenian ******* rock we came from then?

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Is it just me who finds the idea of a minutes applause a bit strange? Seems like Aberdeen fans using it to try and get one over on Rangers again more than anything.

It's a disgrace what happened to him but it's not like he has died or been seriously injured.
    Agreed.

My wee nephew got deliberately tripped up by a Motherwell fan a few years ago and he burst his lip on the ground but just got on with it.

Aye, it's manky but a banner is a bit daft for obvious reasons.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    seems everything we do does not make a difference, maybe we should all go back and hide under that fenian ******* rock we came from then?
    I think we need something from within Hibs - whether it is a strong word behind the scenes, or going to war publicly.

TBH going to war publicly would be my choice.

There was some strong, emotive language that came from Jabba and Sevco following the Scottish Cup final directed at the Hibs support. The press were willing enough to pick up on that. Rangers have exploited a sense of victimhood within their own support, and they have built on it with their nonsensical and inflammatory outbursts since. It is not innocent and victimless - our fans are being bottled on the underground and blind fans are being spat on. Enough is surely enough. Many of us at various times over the decades have just decided to stop going, but that shouldn't have to happen.

We're not alone here. We're not isolated. Hearts fans have had grief at Ibrox, even Stenhousemuir fans got grief at Ibrox. Celtic playing Rangers has a massive effect on the whole of the West of Scotland (and beyond). Aberdeen get grief with them. Dundee United get grief with them.

It is not acceptable. Isolated incidents (like the Motherwell one above) happen everywhere, all the time, but nowhere other than Ibrox is there an accepted culture of bullying, intimidation, violence and bigotry. It's disgusting.

Petrie and Dempster need to grow a set. Or sit in that corner of Ibrox at a game and feel what it is really like.

Or is there a concern that by speaking up on a subject like this that they might miss out on a job at Ibrox/ elsewhere in Glasgow in future?
    Last edited by Smartie; 09-02-2018 at 01:50 PM.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Is it just me who finds the idea of a minutes applause a bit strange? Seems like Aberdeen fans using it to try and get one over on Rangers again more than anything.

It's a disgrace what happened to him but it's not like he has died or been seriously injured.
    Definitely not just you.

Nope, I think there's a few people share your feelings.

Left by mutual consent!
    Watched a few wee videos from Sevco end and when it went 1-1 the 40,000 err I mean the small minority started the billy boys only to be silenced by us going 2-1 up what a joy.

Keep them silenced by ripping then a new one.

Left by mutual consent!
    Carl was spat on first and foremost for supporting Hibs no different from you or I. Any disability is irelevant for me . If a bunch of fans decided to try and assault me and my friend and we ran off he would be caught as he is heavier than me and not as fast a runner you then wouldnt say at fat fan was spat on in paper.

I have seen some shocking stuff in my years going to games Carls just sits in their with the rest of it and a factor in why I will never set foot in that stadium unless we are in fully behind goals like the cup. I have seen coins, food and drink launched among other things. I am actually pissed this gets highlighted yet week after week the stuff they sing is a disgrace that could fill a back page for fun.

Sevco not wanted or needed here or in England. The league doesnt need a strong Sevco it just needs a strong anyone to challenge.

I am in no way having a go at Carl and hope he feels ok after it all as all he is doing is going to the match harming nobody.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 09-02-2018 at 02:17 PM.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    What exactly needs to happen before someone at Hibs comes out and tells it like it is about this disgusting club and it's so called fans?

Frank/Tracey? Anything to say on this matter?

Not like it's the first time.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

I think that a Hibs official should always be in amongst the fans at all away games and report back to the board whether the experience is good, bad or indifferent.

In addition the SPFL should send officials to games unannounced (like a mystery shopper) in amongst the away fans to experience how that support is treated by all parties i.e police, stewards, home support etc. It should also observe how well behaved the away support is to balance things out.

I have not been back to Ibrox since a League Cup semi final (2nd Leg) in 1985 after being spat on, abused verbally with sectarian filth and fearing for my safety and have no desire to return.

I would like to see Hibs cut the allocation of Rangers to 1000 away fans for the next home game against them but doubt the board would do this for financial reasons. I for one would not like to sit in the same end as them so not 100% sure if we would sell out (less the no mans land segregation part).

Worth a try though.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre Hibee View Post
    I think that a Hibs official should always be in amongst the fans at all away games and report back to the board whether the experience is good, bad or indifferent.

In addition the SPFL should send officials to games unannounced (like a mystery shopper) in amongst the away fans to experience how that support is treated by all parties i.e police, stewards, home support etc. It should also observe how well behaved the away support is to balance things out.

I have not been back to Ibrox since a League Cup semi final (2nd Leg) in 1985 after being spat on, abused verbally with sectarian filth and fearing for my safety and have no desire to return.

I would like to see Hibs cut the allocation of Rangers to 1000 away fans for the next home game against them but doubt the board would do this for financial reasons. I for one would not like to sit in the same end as them so not 100% sure if we would sell out (less the no mans land segregation part).

Worth a try though.
    Good post.

I'm the same, I can't remember the exact year but its the eighties since I was last there and quite frankly I doubt if I'll ever be back as I'm too auld to cope with the hassle that might ensue.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Carl was spat on first and foremost for supporting Hibs no different from you or I. Any disability is irelevant for me . If a bunch of fans decided to try and assault me and my friend and we ran off he would be caught as he is heavier than me and not as fast a runner you then wouldnt say at fat fan was spat on in paper.

I have seen some shocking stuff in my years going to games Carls just sits in their with the rest of it and a factor in why I will never set foot in that stadium unless we are in fully behind goals like the cup. I have seen coins, food and drink launched among other things. I am actually pissed this gets highlighted yet week after week the stuff they sing is a disgrace that could fill a back page for fun.

Sevco not wanted or needed here or in England. The league doesnt need a strong Sevco it just needs a strong anyone to challenge.

I am in no way having a go at Carl and hope he feels ok after it all as all he is doing is going to the match harming nobody.
    Its not irrelevant. His disability makes him much more vulnerable and unlikely to be able to retaliate. It was done by cowards. I agree spitting at anybody is disgusting regardless of their abilitys/size etc though.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    3800 x average 20 quid a ticket = 76000 by my calculations

X2 so £150k

So yes we need to factor in that we give them some and we’d sell some but I’d expect extra police costs to segregate and probably the 20 quid average is on the conservative side

I’d like nothing better than to restrict their tickets if we can guarantee selling them. Absolutely. It’s the folk that say restrict them irrespective that don’t see the financial impact
    Not for this year, but a couple of extra games in a cup would more than cover that.

Hibs need to make a point.

We hate your filth, we hate your fans, you are not welcome here. Yes it is personal, yes it is just your club.

What more can they do? Cut our numbers.

I’m really angry and the spitting on a blind fan is just one of many.
    Bottles thrown at kids, random scarfers punches going to their home ground, bigoted *****, general ****bag behaviour.

Their numbers embolden them. Yes more cops in ER, but a damn sight less nonsense outside the ground.

And you would absolutely get more Hibees through the gate, even if it is just as a ****** you to the Huns and their vile organisation.

J
    Last edited by Bristolhibby; 09-02-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Are we really having a minutes applause for this? Really?

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Maybe someone a lot cleverer than me could set up a survey asking fans which Scottish away day is the worst. It could be shared with other clubs around the country and the data could be compiled and presented to the SFA. Only problem is that we might actually take 3rd place behind Rantic in a horrible fans league.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    What exactly needs to happen before someone at Hibs comes out and tells it like it is about this disgusting club and it's so called fans?

Frank/Tracey? Anything to say on this matter?

Not like it's the first time.
    Tracey has a few items on a list that she will be bringing up with our safety officer, and I'd imagine this incident with Carl Macar will also be included. I have no idea what happens next, but I'd hope that the security officer will then be raising this with Rangers, otherwise the whole exercise is pointless.
    I think there must be dialogue between the clubs though, because despite this not painting a pretty picture along with a couple of other complaints from last Saturday's game, the policing of home Rangers/Celtic games against Hibs has changed for the better compared to what it once was. By standing up for ourselves over these latest issues, like it looks like we have done with previous complaints, there is a greater chance of seeing some noticeable change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Not for this year, but a couple of extra games in a cup would more than cover that.

We hate your filth, we hate your fans, you are not welcome here. Yes it is personal, yes it is just your club.

Bottles thrown at kids, random scarfers punches going to their home ground, bigoted *****, general ****bag behaviour.

Their numbers embolden them. Yes more cops in ER, but a damn sight less nonsense outside the ground.

And you would absolutely get more Hibees through the gate, even if it is just as a ****** you to the Huns and their vile organisation.

J
    I'm with you.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    Its not irrelevant. His disability makes him much more vulnerable and unlikely to be able to retaliate. It was done by cowards. I agree spitting at anybody is disgusting regardless of their abilitys/size etc though.
    It is irrelevant IMO he was spat on for being a Hibs fan his disability may have made him more noticeable perhaps so yeah he was an easy target but people with no disability have also had things done to them.

It has highlighted that some of that support is horrid but that incident should be a footnote to the disgraceful song book sang there weekly. The press can then look to be impartial on stuff they can say all fans might do so it looks like they are condemning Sevco whilst being able to ignore the other issues on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

J

I think the financial hit would be minimal, esspecially given how we are selling these games out so quickly. Factor in the additional Hibs fans able to go and the loss would be worth it. For one game only we should give them the same percentage of our capacity as they give us.

It is about time out board put their heads above the fence on the treatment of Hibs fans at Ibrox. I've not been since the mid 90's. The only time in my life I've been close to being arrested. Dirty Hun ****s abusing a Dad and a ten year old, police not interested other than telling me to shut it or they'll lift me. *******s the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post

Being fatter than you isn’t a disability though. If he got caught because he only had one leg... that would rightly make the papers.

A minutes applause fir a laddie that got gobbed on? Come oan now.
    If we’re daeing that then we’re gonna have a backdated list of minutes applause.

Shocking from the huns but its nowt new. Sub human morons.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Being fatter than you isn’t a disability though. If he got caught because he only had one leg... that would rightly make the papers.
    So spitting on Carl is worse than spitting on me and deserves to make the papers? I personally do not think being spat on should be reported ahead of the signing at the match IMO.

I was not at Ibrox on Saturday and never been in that corner for years it would be interesting to know from regulars what exactly goes on in there from the Sevco fans near them, I bet its a damn disgrace.

For me this just gives the press the chance to condemn Sevco if they wish and give the impression they are not bias as spitting could be by any clubs fans were as fenian basas etc in just with them.

Sorry Rangers we need to have a wee go at some of your fans about the old spitting but don't worry we will leave the old sectarian stuff out of it whilst looking to slap your wrists. As you were Sevco.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar

J
    Very good post. I am a ST holder and would be happy to contribute more if it meant lease of these excuses for humans at our ground to make up for any shortfall. They are disgusting and the less of them the easier to control and the more enjoyable our day would be. C'mon Leeann you know it makes sense cut their allocation like the play off game

Assuming we make the top six and assuming the game against them after the split is at Easter Road, we should make a stand and give them the same proportion of tickets that we get for Ibrox, i.e. around 450 tickets.

To hell with them.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Assuming we make the top six and assuming the game against them after the split is at Easter Road, we should make a stand and give them the same proportion of tickets that we get for Ibrox, i.e. around 450 tickets.

To hell with them.
    We'd never get planning through the council.

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar

Thank God someone else has said this! No offence to the guy, and I completely agree that whoever did this to Carl is the lowest of the low, but a minute's applause has come to mean a minute's respect for someone who has passed, and it should be left at that imo.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    Thank God someone else has said this! No offence to the guy, and I completely agree that whoever did this to Carl is the lowest of the low, but a minute's applause has come to mean a minute's respect for someone who has passed, and it should be left at that imo.
    Agreed, the fact that an applause has somehow become tbe recognised symbol of respect doesn't sit well with me anyway. To now try to use it as an acknowledgement of support for a victim of spitting makes no sense at all to me.

30 seconds(imo it should only be for people thats passed away but because its sort of been organized now)clapping then 30 seconds if you hate the ,,,,,,,,rankers clap your hands