hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't like to think he's made this up. I can fully believe that a number of Rangers fans are certainly capable of this behaviour.

Until I hear something that proves otherwise, I'll believe that this happened.
    One of the guys with Carl is a good friend of mine, a Glasgow Hibby who posts on the Bounce occasionally. It happened alright.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    I was born in '82, into a family that had no interest whatsoever in football. Didn't go to my first game until I was 13 or 14 (circa 95/96), but what a game - against the Huns at Easter Road. Albertz scored a screamer early doors, Hibs go 2-1 up, then Leighton saves 2 penalties from Laudrup. The East was chaos, but my strongest memory was walking up to the station after the match. Me and my mate (from Fife) were behind a group of maybe 15 lads, mid to late 20's. All the way they stuck together, and not a single Hun was brave enough to get amongst them. Even at the station when they were down to 4 or 5 and the Huns were everywhere they faced them up. Aged 13 I learned that they were cowards and bullies, but nothing to be afraid of. It appears from reading this thread that most people's first experience of them is traumatic, so maybe I am just lucky that my first experience is still one of the best days of my life.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    One of the guys with Carl is a good friend of mine, a Glasgow Hibby who posts on the Bounce occasionally. It happened alright.

nips any doubting in the bud

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I miss that bridge at the bottom of Easter Road.

Cheers, as I said nothing surprises me with that mob, but it wasn’t Rangers fans who were denying it it was Hibs fans on twitter which made me wonder if In fact it was true. Disgusting anyone feels the need to spit on someone.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Cheers, as I said nothing surprises me with that mob, but it wasn’t Rangers fans who were denying it it was Hibs fans on twitter which made me wonder if In fact it was true. Disgusting anyone feels the need to spit on someone.
    I read the apparently deleted thread on Follow , Follow. Sickening stuff. Some of the ****s suggested how would the blind **** know the identity of the gobbing ****, this was the general theme, along with a range of tragic jokes about the nature of the substance,etc, etc. It was a sickening exprience. There were Huns suggesting it never happended, but it was pure speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    I read the apparently deleted thread on Follow , Follow. Sickening stuff. Some of the ****s suggested how would the blind **** know the identity of the gobbing ****, this was the general theme, along with a range of tragic jokes about the nature of the substance,etc, etc. It was a sickening exprience. There were Huns suggesting it never happended, but it was pure speculation.
    It really is brutal the stuff posted on there. I’ve had a look in myself a while back on one of the times we beat them and the hate was off the scale. Really is no shock reading what you are saying about that site, should be shut down!

Yeh I went to the game with them. When we arrived at the ground I went to get Macar a head set from Argyle House so he could listen to the game. Your friend said he would take Carl into the stadium while I picked up the head set. The spitting happened just after I left them so although I didn’t see it myself, I know He was with Macar when it happened. He said it was a scary experience. I seen him in the ground minutes after. It definitely happened!

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar
    I was spat straight in tha face on the way to our Skol Cup semi final win at Hampden. I hope Macar is ok.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    they truly are a bunch of inbred Neanderthals, I've been to castle greyskull once and that was 94', that's when we used to get that section in the broomloan stand (I think it's called) and I can always remember things getting lobbed at us from the top tier. I'm sure over the years there has been a lot worse happen to our support, to spit on anyone is despicable, to do it to a blind person takes it to a new low

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    they truly are a bunch of inbred Neanderthals, I've been to castle greyskull once and that was 94', that's when we used to get that section in the broomloan stand (I think it's called) and I can always remember things getting lobbed at us from the top tier. I'm sure over the years there has been a lot worse happen to our support, to spit on anyone is despicable, to do it to a blind person takes it to a new low
    Over all the years at hunbrox I have been, gobbed on, pied, tead (well I hope it was tea) verbally abused in the main stand, chased around the same stand by these morons, been threatened with arrest for complaining about them threatening us and gobbing towards us (missing on this occasion and probably hitting their own kind) and bus stoned by wee neds. This was mostly pre segregation days but I still won't go back there unless it's a very special event (Scottish Cup hammering of them was one of THE BEST experiences ever).

This has been going on forever and a day and will continue to go on as nobody seems to have the desire to attempt to do anything about it, Newco themselves, the rest of the clubs, the SFA or Police Scotland. The perpetrators of the incidents above all probably have their own sons and grandsons now who are doing exactly the same thing. Hatred is inbred with them and they mostly don't have the intelligence to think for themselves that what they are doing is abhorrently wrong, even Neanderthal man stopped this, a long time before any ancient battle that they cling on to.

BTW, apologies to our fellow Hibby who was abused like this but I don't agree with the minutes applause for this, especially given the recent death of Liam Miller and the respect we should show for the man at this time.

https://stv.tv/amp/1408176-footballe...mpression=true. Another lovely Sevco fan

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    Edward lyons.....probably related to the notorious Eddie lyons. I think there would've only been one outcome there and it wouldn't be in Lyles favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I was around 10 years old, and with a friend and we went to a Rangers game at Easter Road, having told our parents that we were going up town to buy records. We were set upon by a group of men in their 30’s and possibly even 40’s, who came off a Rangers supporters bus and saw our Hibs scarves. They spat, punched and kicked at us, calling us, predictiably, fienian *******s. Of course we had no knowledge of what this meant. The most disturbing thing was the attitude of the other Rangers supporters, who just laughed or egged on those strange, inadequate men whom I would now regard as cowards who were no better than paedophilles.

It took me a long time not to judge all Rangers supporters in the same way. The thing that I find really galling is that many of the sneering onlookers would probably normally be reasonable family men, who were poisoned by the bizarre and malignant culture of that club and the others who associate themselves with it.

It seem these incidents were all to familiar. Especially during the height of the troubles in 70/80's across the central belt of Scotland, (or 'diet Ulster').
    1. After playing a P6 school away match at Warriston. We were making our way towards Ferry Road in columns of 2, i was at the back on the outside, as 2 guys who i'd guess were approx 20yrs old were passing the other way. One leaned in and spat a full blown greener right in my face from point blank range then called me a "wee fenian b******". It was minging. I held it together as my pal shouted on our teacher at the front who came back and cleaned me up. But by the time i got home i had to ask my mum what a fenian was. I was in floods of tears, tears of absolute rage.
    2. The same year, at a bus stop on Ferry Road after playing a home game at Arboretum. Some screeching middle aged harridan slapped me across the face (and tried 2 or 3 times more which i blocked or dodged, before running off) and started screaming at me all the usual abuse and that i wasnt welcome in Scotland?!?! Again i was left angry and bewildered.
    3. Incredibly at the exact same bus stop the following year (i was the only one of my team mates getting the 14, all my pals had already got on other buses) a man in his 30/40s punched me from behind on the back of the head and kicked me twice on the backside and my legs. Again accompanied by the usual 'fenian' etc abuse.
    I later found out that the nearby Spiers bar was a derhun sheethole. Dont know if it had any relevance though.
    4. A matter of weeks later i was waiting to meet my mum and went to sit on a bench on Leith Walk, at Gayfield Square. A pensioner who was sat at the other end of the bench started swearing at me, calling me the usual terms of abuse, then tried 2 or 3 times to hit me with a rolled up brolly. Thankfully he only landed one glancing blow but i leapt up and bolted and waited for my mum at a distance. Again she could tell something was wrong but i didnt want to tell her as he was still sitting there and i didnt want my old dear getting involved.

All this happened to me before i left primary school. My crime? Wearing a Holy Cross uniform...not exactly 'undercover pape!'

In later years (2nd year at St Tams) we had a cup game at Ross High, Tranent. There must have been 30/40 friends and parents of the home team on the touchline. We were subjected to constant sectarian abuse, gobbing, threats of violence, and the occasional attempt to trip or hit us if we went anywhere near them. We refused to take any throw ins/corners on that side the whole game. Ref did the square route of f*** all.They were a much better side than us too and beat us comfortably. Was possibly the worst case of intimidation i've ever felt on a football pitch, gawd knows what it would have been like if it was close! After the game we got to the mininbus to find a window had been tanned. And our ashen faced teacher (and driver) just telling us to get in so we could bolt. Reckon he was cr*pping himself as much as we were.

When i was about 15/16 i saw and elderly woman crossing inbetween a small orange march at the top of Leith Walk (about what is now the Omni). She was challenged and barged to the ground by some bowler hatted clown. Around half a dozen appalled onlookers (including myself) rushed in to her assistance and to confront her attacker. We all got involved in an exchange of blows. Though rather tellingly as the cops separated us they seemed far more aggressive toward us who had gone in to help the old woman.

Once me and 3 pals were getting off a bus at Haymarket (to catch our supporters bus to a game. When we witnessed 3 well known hunmonkeys (one being Coco) from the UJ bus. One of them a lank greasy haired ape in a cammo jacket punched a young (13ish) Hibby of the low wall he was sitting on. Thankfully by now i was about 18 and old, confident and daft enough not to be intimidated and the 4 of us set about them and gave them a bit of a doing.

there have been countless other examples i've seen and heard with my own eyes and ears, at ER and at Mordor, of nauseating behavior from these cavemen. Bullies, bigots and liberty takers. Not ashamed in the slightest of the times when i became big enough and ugly enough to confront these creeps and return the violence they seem so attracted to.

When you go to the Death Star, the myth of the 'minority' bigots is put to bed. The whole ground reverberates with their poisonous bile.
    If they are not joining in with the hate fest...they are not deaf or blind. So are quite comfortable to be surrounded by it.
    So even the notion of a 'decent' The rankgers fan grates with me. They might not be guilty of joining in. But by going along year after year they at best still give their tacit consent.
    To hell with them all. They are a special breed of sc*m and nobody come remotely close.
    It's not just the 'light blues' either. I remember leaving parkhead and a friend who was late 30's at the time, is 5'3", quiet and unassuming and never been in trouble or lifted his hands in his puff. Asked a pair of coppers directions (we'd got lost on our way back to the car). We were told to "F*** off back to Edinburgh you aids carrying fenian B*******." Charming.

Personally i'd be right behind a coordinated campaign (if it were possible) with all the other clubs in the land, to have a joint protest against them and their backward behaviour. Coordinated chants and banners at all the grounds insisting that the authorities/media/politicians actually call these bigot cretins for what they are. And if they dont sort themselves out then consign them and their disgusting club to the dustbin of history.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post

It seem these incidents were all to familiar. Especially during the height of the troubles in 70/80's across the central belt of Scotland, (or 'diet Ulster').
    1. After playing a P6 school away match at Warriston. We were making our way towards Ferry Road in columns of 2, i was at the back on the outside, as 2 guys who i'd guess were approx 20yrs old were passing the other way. One leaned in and spat a full blown greener right in my face from point blank range then called me a "wee fenian b******". It was minging. I held it together as my pal shouted on our teacher at the front who came back and cleaned me up. But by the time i got home i had to ask my mum what a fenian was. I was in floods of tears, tears of absolute rage.
    2. The same year, at a bus stop on Ferry Road after playing a home game at Arboretum. Some screeching middle aged harridan slapped me across the face (and tried 2 or 3 times more which i blocked or dodged, before running off) and started screaming at me all the usual abuse and that i wasnt welcome in Scotland?!?! Again i was left angry and bewildered.
    3. Incredibly at the exact same bus stop the following year (i was the only one of my team mates getting the 14, all my pals had already got on other buses) a man in his 30/40s punched me from behind on the back of the head and kicked me twice on the backside and my legs. Again accompanied by the usual 'fenian' etc abuse.
    I later found out that the nearby Spiers bar was a derhun sheethole. Dont know if it had any relevance though.
    4. A matter of weeks later i was waiting to meet my mum and went to sit on a bench on Leith Walk, at Gayfield Square. A pensioner who was sat at the other end of the bench started swearing at me, calling me the usual terms of abuse, then tried 2 or 3 times to hit me with a rolled up brolly. Thankfully he only landed one glancing blow but i leapt up and bolted and waited for my mum at a distance. Again she could tell something was wrong but i didnt want to tell her as he was still sitting there and i didnt want my old dear getting involved.

All this happened to me before i left primary school. My crime? Wearing a Holy Cross uniform...not exactly 'undercover pape!'

In later years (2nd year at St Tams) we had a cup game at Ross High, Tranent. There must have been 30/40 friends and parents of the home team on the touchline. We were subjected to constant sectarian abuse, gobbing, threats of violence, and the occasional attempt to trip or hit us if we went anywhere near them. We refused to take any throw ins/corners on that side the whole game. Ref did the square route of f*** all.They were a much better side than us too and beat us comfortably. Was possibly the worst case of intimidation i've ever felt on a football pitch, gawd knows what it would have been like if it was close! After the game we got to the mininbus to find a window had been tanned. And our ashen faced teacher (and driver) just telling us to get in so we could bolt. Reckon he was cr*pping himself as much as we were.

When i was about 15/16 i saw and elderly woman crossing inbetween a small orange march at the top of Leith Walk (about what is now the Omni). She was challenged and barged to the ground by some bowler hatted clown. Around half a dozen appalled onlookers (including myself) rushed in to her assistance and to confront her attacker. We all got involved in an exchange of blows. Though rather tellingly as the cops separated us they seemed far more aggressive toward us who had gone in to help the old woman.

Once me and 3 pals were getting off a bus at Haymarket (to catch our supporters bus to a game. When we witnessed 3 well known hunmonkeys (one being Coco) from the UJ bus. One of them a lank greasy haired ape in a cammo jacket punched a young (13ish) Hibby of the low wall he was sitting on. Thankfully by now i was about 18 and old, confident and daft enough not to be intimidated and the 4 of us set about them and gave them a bit of a doing.

there have been countless other examples i've seen and heard with my own eyes and ears, at ER and at Mordor, of nauseating behavior from these cavemen. Bullies, bigots and liberty takers. Not ashamed in the slightest of the times when i became big enough and ugly enough to confront these creeps and return the violence they seem so attracted to.

When you go to the Death Star, the myth of the 'minority' bigots is put to bed. The whole ground reverberates with their poisonous bile.
    If they are not joining in with the hate fest...they are not deaf or blind. So are quite comfortable to be surrounded by it.
    So even the notion of a 'decent' The rankgers fan grates with me. They might not be guilty of joining in. But by going along year after year they at best still give their tacit consent.
    To hell with them all. They are a special breed of sc*m and nobody come remotely close.
    It's not just the 'light blues' either. I remember leaving parkhead and a friend who was late 30's at the time, is 5'3", quiet and unassuming and never been in trouble or lifted his hands in his puff. Asked a pair of coppers directions (we'd got lost on our way back to the car). We were told to "F*** off back to Edinburgh you aids carrying fenian B*******." Charming.

Personally i'd be right behind a coordinated campaign (if it were possible) with all the other clubs in the land, to have a joint protest against them and their backward behaviour. Coordinated chants and banners at all the grounds insisting that the authorities/media/politicians actually call these bigot cretins for what they are. And if they dont sort themselves out then consign them and their disgusting club to the dustbin of history.
    Very good post SirA. Only thing slightly more depressing than how huns are is that the polis are in on it. And quite possibly the justice system anaw.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Very good post SirA. Only thing slightly more depressing than how huns are is that the polis are in on it. And quite possibly the justice system anaw.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    This has probably been posted before and I feel the hate was played down a bit in the documentary, but it does show quite well that both clubs are 2 cheeks of the same arse.

https://youtu.be/PsyX8auU1OA

Thanks for your post. Your experiences make a depressing read and the fact that this blind hatred still happens in 2018 is disgusting. You're right in saying that part of the establishment are fully involved and this is a big issue. I used to work in the railway alongside a Jambo who was a member of the masons and he told me stuff about the cops that beggars belief. The more we do to expose this crap and campaign against it the better.
    Last edited by Johnny Clash; 16-02-2018 at 09:47 AM.

I encountered this sort of stuff in the 1960's attending catholic primary school, f off back to Ireland was a usual quote, pape, fenian and others. I also remember idiots interrupting Mass,

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    https://stv.tv/amp/1408176-footballe...mpression=true. Another lovely Sevco fan

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
    I was at an event that Lyle was in attendance at last year. Very dodgy character. It wouldn’t surprise me if some of the people involved in the other side of that incident were in attendance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day View Post
    I encountered this sort of stuff in the 1960's attending catholic primary school, f off back to Ireland was a usual quote, pape, fenian and others. I also remember idiots interrupting Mass,
    I cant believe what I have read from 'sadtom' and your post here supporting what he has said with your own experience.

All I can say is if even half of it is true I'm glad a grew up in the Borders where I cant recall seeing stuff like this happen .. that isn't to say there weren't incidents, I'm sure there was but even then between kids, not adults attacking kids.

I simply cant believe that grown men would pick on a child because of what school blazer they were wearing, that's absolutely incredible ...... surely it doesn't still happen

The only time I felt in danger living here was when I was about 18 or 19 .... I was waiting for the bus in Innerleithen high street and as I stood there with my Hibs top and scarf on two buses taking folk to an orange march in Hawick stopped at the pub directly across the road. If anybody knows Innerleithen there's nowhere to run to if you are in the middle of the high street. Luckily for me in the couple of minutes between their buses stopping and my bus arriving they didn't notice me ... but to say it was a worrying two minutes would be an understatement

What's so depressing is that so far as football is concerned nothing appears to have changed ... perhaps 'sadtom' is right and its time for the fans of all the Scottish clubs to take their own stand ... The only problem with that of course is that if Hibs or Celtic fans take part it will just be looked on as part of a sectarian rivalry by the MSM and given the very recent revelations about Hearts it will be difficult for them to take the moral high ground about anything.

But having said that if at every stadium outside of Ibrox the fans held up a banner with 'say no to sectarianism' written on it I don't see how it could hurt.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    FAO sadtom - that's quite a host of stories that demonstrate just how despicable some of these people are. Attacking kids ffs? Fortunately I think this has started to die out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This has probably been posted before and I feel the hate was played down a bit in the documentary, but it does show quite well that both clubs are 2 cheeks of the same arse.

https://youtu.be/PsyX8auU1OA

Such a tired cliche. Sick of hearing that. They aren’t the same. I’m no fan of Celtic by any means, but they aren’t the same. Rangers are in a different league.

I went to Holy Cross too but I was more scared of Mrs. McLeod's belt than any daft orangemen waiting at the bus stop to get me.
    The orange hate was a breeze compared to that sadistic old trout. I once got 4 of the best just for dropping my pencil.
    I was 8

Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    I went to Holy Cross too but I was more scared of Mrs. McLeod's belt than any daft orangemen waiting at the bus stop to get me.
    The orange hate was a breeze compared to that sadistic old trout. I once got 4 of the best just for dropping my pencil.
    I was 8
    I had a primary teacher who gave me the belt for getting a sum wrong on the blackboard .... to this day I blame her for my numbers dyslexia, at least that's what I call it Dr Finsterbush ... she had a German accent but apparently was Swiss .. hmmmm! ... I often wondered what her occupation had been before moving to Scotland to teach ... Swiss my arse. I could never understand why somebody who appeared to hate kids so much took up teaching in the first place.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I cant believe what I have read from 'sadtom' and your post here supporting what he has said with your own experience.

All I can say is if even half of it is true I'm glad a grew up in the Borders where I cant recall seeing stuff like this happen .. that isn't to say there weren't incidents, I'm sure there was but even then between kids, not adults attacking kids.

I simply cant believe that grown men would pick on a child because of what school blazer they were wearing, that's absolutely incredible ...... surely it doesn't still happen

The only time I felt in danger living here was when I was about 18 or 19 .... I was waiting for the bus in Innerleithen high street and as I stood there with my Hibs top and scarf on two buses taking folk to an orange march in Hawick stopped at the pub directly across the road. If anybody knows Innerleithen there's nowhere to run to if you are in the middle of the high street. Luckily for me in the couple of minutes between their buses stopping and my bus arriving they didn't notice me ... but to say it was a worrying two minutes would be an understatement

What's so depressing is that so far as football is concerned nothing appears to have changed ... perhaps 'sadtom' is right and its time for the fans of all the Scottish clubs to take their own stand ... The only problem with that of course is that if Hibs or Celtic fans take part it will just be looked on as part of a sectarian rivalry by the MSM and given the very recent revelations about Hearts it will be difficult for them to take the moral high ground about anything.

But having said that if at every stadium outside of Ibrox the fans held up a banner with 'say no to sectarianism' written on it I don't see how it could hurt.
    I've been spat at on Dundas Street due to the school blazer I had on. Only happened once but enough to remember it a decade later. Nothing to do with religion or anything, just 3 mid-20 jakeys that thought they were hard spitting on kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    Such a tired cliche. Sick of hearing that. They aren’t the same. I’m no fan of Celtic by any means, but they aren’t the same. Rangers are in a different league.
    Happens every time mate. The minute elements of The Rangers support are exposed and rightly criticised there’s posters on here bleating ‘ah but there’s also others who almost as bad.. what about ..... ???’

So instead of jumping to the Huns’ defence why don’t they just start threads when other teams fans do something that’s ‘just as bad’ ... ?

We all have our zoomers to contend with but The Rangers are by far the absolute worse.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    I’m no fan of Celtic by any means, but they aren’t the same. Rangers are in a different league.
    I think views on this might be slightly skewed based on how we are perceived by the OF. Celtc seem to think we are some sort of "brothers in arms" and therefore unlikely to subject us to the same level of abuse, whereas THE Rangers view us as an extension of Celtc.

I bet if you were to ask Hearts fans about their experiences at OF games it would be the polar opposite.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbymick View Post
    Edward lyons.....probably related to the notorious Eddie lyons. I think there would've only been one outcome there and it wouldn't be in Lyles favour.
    Son of crime boss Eddie Lyons senior and the first name mentioned was the guy who was cleared of a famous murder at Asdas through West, was shot while dropping his kid off at primary school, take it Lyle is keeping a low profile after thinking he would sort things out with that crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    I think views on this might be slightly skewed based on how we are perceived by the OF. Celtc seem to think we are some sort of "brothers in arms" and therefore unlikely to subject us to the same level of abuse, whereas THE Rangers view us as an extension of Celtc.

I bet if you were to ask Hearts fans about their experiences at OF games it would be the polar opposite.
    Hearts fans get it at Ibrox as well, and most celtic fans will tell you that going to tynecastle is worse than going to Ibrox.