hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 205
  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheap kids tickets should stay cheap but should not be valid for games against Hearts, Celtic or Rangers
    Alternatively the adult would have to email the club no more than a week before matches against the above 3 clubs if the kid is going to attend the match otherwise the club will release the kids ticket for purchase.

    Utter dross , so kids can take in the delights of Ross county , Hamilton and Dundee but come to the big games leave them out so some Johnny come lately who does not have a season ticket may I add get one before them, you obviously don't have kids.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    @hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Newcastle/Gateshead
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,675
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs are not really getting something for nothing in this Ďdealí... football is an entertainment business and they are providing a service which people pay for by buying a ticket to watch.

    If you buy a season ticket but cannot go and then offer to donate it back to the club, it benefits the club financially, yes, but is that not a good thing.... we are not a club that doesnít need money are we?

    Im not trying to stir anything but the idea that one should get something in return for donating their seat back is just greed, imho.

    The question that seems to go unanswered on these debates is why donít those unwilling to release/donate their seat back on these occasions want to help out the club financially as well as fill the home seats to help boost the overall atmosphere for these big matches...???

    i am keen on reiterating the term donate as this to me is the best way to describe this action. In other words, when one donates funds/clothes/food to charity, do you then stand with your hands out waiting for something in return?
    I think it strikes a good middle ground to incentivise it though. You will of course get people who will donate their seat regardless, for the good of the club. Then others who would much rather just play the waiting game and see if anyone they know wants it - a mindset that could be altered by adding an incentive for donating unused tickets in sold-out games.

    Even if it was money off items bought in the shop, or something alone those lines.


  4. #93
    Personally I don't think hibs do need a system for unused tickets, how many games so far this season have we needed to do this 3? Seems a lot of effort for such a small amount of games.

  5. #94
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suppose it is. My point which I seem to be having difficulty in making clear is folk were being criticised for wanting ďsomething for nothingĒ whereas actually itís Hibs that want/are getting ďsomething for nothingĒ.
    I think there may have been a bit of virtue signalling going on.

    Of course people should get something back if they release their seats. It would be a reward and an incentive.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  6. #95
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,943
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally I don't think hibs do need a system for unused tickets, how many games so far this season have we needed to do this 3? Seems a lot of effort for such a small amount of games.
    Hibs have asked for people to release their seats for the Hearts game if they're not going to be used.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  7. #96
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    7,091
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Utter dross , so kids can take in the delights of Ross county , Hamilton and Dundee but come to the big games leave them out so some Johnny come lately who does not have a season ticket may I add get one before them, you obviously don't have kids.
    A compromise could be for the child's season ticket to be activated for the big game at a cost of a fiver, but with a cut off point after which the seat is released to general sale. That way the seat is still there for the child to use if desired.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  8. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think there may have been a bit of virtue signalling going on.

    Of course people should get something back if they release their seats. It would be a reward and an incentive.
    Then itís pointless, IMO, doing it as the amount the club would actually make is minimal. Folk spend £25 on a season ticket, sell it back to the club for X amount, club make £14 on child buying said ticket but need to pay a decent portion of that out to the season ticket holder.

    Honestly canít understand why people, who have already committed to buying ST, would want some of that back when they canít make the and, thus taking money back out of the club when the whole point f it is to give the club as much money as possible (without them having to spend a penny more than they already have).

  9. #98
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,943
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then itís pointless, IMO, doing it as the amount the club would actually make is minimal. Folk spend £25 on a season ticket, sell it back to the club for X amount, club make £14 on child buying said ticket but need to pay a decent portion of that out to the season ticket holder.

    Honestly canít understand why people, who have already committed to buying ST, would want some of that back when they canít make the and, thus taking money back out of the club when the whole point f it is to give the club as much money as possible (without them having to spend a penny more than they already have).
    Hibs don't think it's pointless. They've asked people to release their seats.

    It's also not pointless for the fans who get to see the game.

    Have you ever said or thought "I can't be arsed" about doing something simple? Have you ever forgotten to do something?

    I'm sorry, I can't be arsed helping you understand the effect of practical incentive on motivation any better than that.

  10. #99
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Being an Underhanded Bigot
    Posts
    2,916
    If, as we all hope, this season isn't a flash in the pan as regards attendances, then Hibs will need to look at the pricing of season tickets again - in particular the £25 kids tickets. It makes no business sense to sell tickets for an entire season for £25 when a large proportion of them go unused in games where they could be sold for £28 for that fixture alone.

    I don't know what the best solution is, maybe start selling parent and child 'cat B' season tickets in the South lower for £300ish? With a 'bolt on' of, say, £25 for additional children.

    I've also never really agreed with Hibs' flat-pricing for tickets. The tickets on the halfway line should, in my opinion, be a few quid more expensive than in the corner of the FF. And I say that as someone who'd probably stump up for the more expensive option.

  11. #100
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think there may have been a bit of virtue signalling going on.

    Of course people should get something back if they release their seats. It would be a reward and an incentive.
    Why should non attendance be rewarded??? A season ticket is supposed to be a commitment to attend every match, otherwise pay at the gate and take your chances!!

    Why are so many failing to see that Ďdonatingí your unused ST seat back to the club benefits the club and no one else....! That should be inventive enough!! Showing a little extra SUPPORT for your club!!

    Why else do you bother attending games other than to support Hibs, both in spirit and financially!!

    You can be a fan of a club and never buy a single match ticket or pieces of merchandise... or you can be a supporter and do as much as you can to support the club!

  12. #101
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    202
    I think the £25 season ticket is a great idea when supply exceeds demand. Even if a kid only goes to four games a season that's fine by me - maybe they'll go to six next season, a dozen the season after that and become full paying adult season ticket holders in due course.

    However now that we're at the stage of selling out big matches I think it's time for a rethink of pricing structure. I'd make it £25 for Cat B games only, and if you want Cat A games included you pay full kids price for it (think that's about £75?). That way it's accessible for parents who want to ease their kids in gently, and it's still great value at around £4 a game for kids who want to go to every game. It means people are making a conscious choice up front on whether they'll take kids to hearts / Rangers / Celtic matches so should be fewer empty seats too.

  13. #102
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,281
    The issue is not entirely isolated to the pricing of kids season tickets, there are lots of adult season tickets bought purely to Ďsupportí the club and only a handful of matches are attended... when this is the case I find it difficult to grasp why some of these Ďsupporterí feel they should be rewarded for their non attendance when asked to donate their seat back for the sell out games.

  14. #103
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,695
    Iíll miss the derby, it will be my fourth game Iíve missed due to illness, family and work commitments. But Iíll still renew as I like sitting with my mates and giving Hibs my contribution. For sell out matches Hibs should have a simple system for releasing your seat. Whether you should get credit for doing that Iím not sure. But one thing we all like to see the stadium full

  15. #104
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,943
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why should non attendance be rewarded??? A season ticket is supposed to be a commitment to attend every match, otherwise pay at the gate and take your chances!!

    Why are so many failing to see that Ďdonatingí your unused ST seat back to the club benefits the club and no one else....! That should be inventive enough!! Showing a little extra SUPPORT for your club!!

    Why else do you bother attending games other than to support Hibs, both in spirit and financially!!

    You can be a fan of a club and never buy a single match ticket or pieces of merchandise... or you can be a supporter and do as much as you can to support the club!
    No-one is failing to see anything.

    Currently loads of people, for various reasons, do not release their unused seats, regardless of what you think should be their moral duty.

    If you want that situation to continue, fine, then the club should do nothing.

    I want more folk to release their seats. Offering a small financial incentive will help achieve that.

    It may also encourage more people to buy season tickets in the first place.

    Why are you failing to see the logic in that?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  16. #105
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    36,257
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Hibs have spent the season ticket money. Where are the refunds coming from? No point taking them from seat sales per game otherwise you're as well giving seats away.

  17. #106
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,943
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs have spent the season ticket money. Where are the refunds coming from? No point taking them from seat sales per game otherwise you're as well giving seats away.
    Hibs aren't in any position to be turning their noses up at extra cash, regardless of the amount. Why else do they sell all the cheap stuff in the shop, some of which can only net them a few pence?

    I'd offer a small discount towards next year's ST assuming the ticket is resold. £4 maybe.

    Adult Cat A tickets cost £28. They've previously sold kids tickets for about £1 per game. Any additional income is a result.

  18. #107
    Testimonial Due Since90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    3,290
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs have spent the season ticket money. Where are the refunds coming from? No point taking them from seat sales per game otherwise you're as well giving seats away.
    If Hibs resell a ticket for £20 and have to give back the original purchaser £5 for the privilege they will increase revenue. Whether they have spent the original season ticket money or not is irrelevant.

  19. #108
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No-one is failing to see anything.

    Currently loads of people, for various reasons, do not release their unused seats, regardless of what you think should be their moral duty.

    If you want that situation to continue, fine, then the club should do nothing.

    I want more folk to release their seats. Offering a small financial incentive will help achieve that.

    It may also encourage more people to buy season tickets in the first place.

    Why are you failing to see the logic in that?
    Itís absolutely nothing to do with morals!! Itís to do with SUPPORTING your club... there is a huge difference between supporting and being a fan.

    Iím not sure this debate is as subjective as what many are making out.

    And still nobody on the opposing view from my own has answered the question, to what benefit is it to you to not release your unused seat for no recompense??

    If someone can justify why one deserves a reward for donating your unused seat back to the club for big games then I will put my hands up and listen to your point.

  20. #109
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Hibs resell a ticket for £20 and have to give back the original purchaser £5 for the privilege they will increase revenue. Whether they have spent the original season ticket money or not is irrelevant.
    Do away season ticket holders get a refund when they cannot make a game? I dont think so. So why should that differ for home season tickets? If there was a way to donate your ticket back to the club easily then it should be seen as a donation, cos at that point you have already paid your fee and itís down to you to fulfill your end of you season ticket purchase, if the club then resell your seat then you are not out of pocket and the club reap the rewards!

    Isnít this what all supporters should want for their club?

  21. #110
    Testimonial Due Since90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    3,290
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do away season ticket holders get a refund when they cannot make a game? I dont think so. So why should that differ for home season tickets? If there was a way to donate your ticket back to the club easily then it should be seen as a donation, cos at that point you have already paid your fee and itís down to you to fulfill your end of you season ticket purchase, if the club then resell your seat then you are not out of pocket and the club reap the rewards!

    Isnít this what all supporters should want for their club?
    You're asking why the away season ticket should differ from the home season ticket in terms of a revenue redistribution system?

    Surely anyone with half a brain can figure out the difference id have thought.

  22. #111
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,943
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís absolutely nothing to do with morals!! Itís to do with SUPPORTING your club... there is a huge difference between supporting and being a fan.

    Iím not sure this debate is as subjective as what many are making out.

    And still nobody on the opposing view from my own has answered the question, to what benefit is it to you to not release your unused seat for no recompense??

    If someone can justify why one deserves a reward for donating your unused seat back to the club for big games then I will put my hands up and listen to your point.
    There is no reason I can think of, but no matter how much you preach about supporting the club, the reality is that loads of folk don't bother contacting the club to release their seats, which is why we can sell out but not have a full stadium.

    Even a small incentive for releasing seats would encourage bigger actual attendances, leading to a better atmosphere for everyone, and more money for Hibs.

    Your determination to prevent anyone benefitting, even slightly, from releasing their seat would ensure none of that happened.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 10-02-2018 at 03:35 PM.

  23. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs have asked for people to release their seats for the Hearts game if they're not going to be used.

    Yeah thats not a system , it's just a request which is enough as we don't sell out many games

  24. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why should non attendance be rewarded??? A season ticket is supposed to be a commitment to attend every match, otherwise pay at the gate and take your chances!!

    Why are so many failing to see that Ďdonatingí your unused ST seat back to the club benefits the club and no one else....! That should be inventive enough!! Showing a little extra SUPPORT for your club!!

    Why else do you bother attending games other than to support Hibs, both in spirit and financially!!

    You can be a fan of a club and never buy a single match ticket or pieces of merchandise... or you can be a supporter and do as much as you can to support the club!
    Many overseas Hibby's have a ST, we don't attend every game- so don't you want them buying one anymore then?

  25. #114
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Many overseas Hibby's have a ST, we don't attend every game- so don't you want them buying one anymore then?
    I an earlier post I have said exactly the opposite of this, I understand that many overseas supporters buy tickets and make only handful of games. But if that seat then sits empty most of the season would they want it filled and helping the club to profit.

    I donít think incentive is the issue, I think itís clarity and ease of use in how to donate your seat back to the club thatís the issue.

    Most folk wonít know that they can do so.
    Last edited by BlackSheep; 10-02-2018 at 04:19 PM.

  26. #115
    Promising Youngster
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    aberdeen
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheap kids tickets should stay cheap but should not be valid for games against Hearts, Celtic or Rangers
    Alternatively the adult would have to email the club no more than a week before matches against the above 3 clubs if the kid is going to attend the match otherwise the club will release the kids ticket for purchase.
    Good idea but would it not be better to make the cheap tickets cat b only with the holder getting first choice on cat a games

  27. #116
    First Team Regular Johnny Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh/London
    Posts
    851
    Entry to Easter Road is nowadays computerised. Swiping your barcode records your entry which makes it easy to see the STs that havenít attended that game.

    Itís simple to work out if there are seats that regularly remain empty for sold out games. Hibs could then take the opportunity to get a specific message out to those who bought these STs explaining how easy it is to release any seats that will be unused for the benefit of other Hibs fans and the club we all support.

    We could even give the option to donate that seat to a member of the community not able to afford a ticket - registered unemployed? Main thing is that we fill the stadium with Hibees supporting the team!

  28. #117
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,876
    That still doesnít address the point that I donít want some drunk Beggbie type character sitting in my seat annoying the folk I usually go with.

  29. #118
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Entry to Easter Road is nowadays computerised. Swiping your barcode records your entry which makes it easy to see the STs that havenít attended that game.

    Itís simple to work out if there are seats that regularly remain empty for sold out games. Hibs could then take the opportunity to get a specific message out to those who bought these STs explaining how easy it is to release any seats that will be unused for the benefit of other Hibs fans and the club we all support.

    We could even give the option to donate that seat to a member of the community not able to afford a ticket - registered unemployed? Main thing is that we fill the stadium with Hibees supporting the team!
    This is a very sensible solution, with a good cause at its heart... at the end of the day we want a full stadium and the club to do well. Any ideas around fans being reimbursed for donating their tickets for resell or like this poster suggest, for those less fortunate, need to be muted.

  30. #119
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,943
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That still doesnít address the point that I donít want some drunk Beggbie type character sitting in my seat annoying the folk I usually go with.
    I understand that concern.

    The reality is that it's very unlikely that such a scenario would materialise. Most folk are perfectly reasonable when they're at the match, particularly as everyone is on the database. There are stewards and police to deal with the tiny number who aren't.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  31. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs don't think it's pointless. They've asked people to release their seats.

    It's also not pointless for the fans who get to see the game.

    Have you ever said or thought "I can't be arsed" about doing something simple? Have you ever forgotten to do something?

    I'm sorry, I can't be arsed helping you understand the effect of practical incentive on motivation any better than that.
    What I meant was pointless is if it is incentivised. Hibs obviously want you to release seats now as it is financially beneficial to the club, but if they had to pay out a portion of that on both a formal system and an incentive then the profit margin is decreased massively and IMO would be pointless.

    The way it is now Iím all for, getting as many through he gate as possible and gets as much cash as possible into the club.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved