hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    It'd only when you play a really big game that you sell out. Shouldn't you rather be trying to fill the few thousand empty seats with new ST holders first?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What difference does it make to you if your not going? The sort of selfish attitude that will stop us maximising our revenue in years to come.
    Yep the same attitude that has seen me a season ticket holder lose out because the loyalty scheme was scrapped, lose the the chance of a cup top up, lose the discount off a shirt in the club shop,sit in a stand that no one can tell what row they are in because there is no signage . I remember when being a season ticket holder had a few added benefits that made you feel valued. Not any more and now you want me to let the club make even more money from my seat. No ****** chance, loyalty is two way thing. I will continue as I have done since 92 and purchase a ST but I won't contribute further.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Yep the same attitude that has seen me a season ticket holder lose out because the loyalty scheme was scrapped, lose the the chance of a cup top up, lose the discount off a shirt in the club shop,sit in a stand that no one can tell what row they are in because there is no signage . I remember when being a season ticket holder had a few added benefits that made you feel valued. Not any more and now you want me to let the club make even more money from my seat. No ****** chance, loyalty is two way thing. I will continue as I have done since 92 and purchase a ST but I won't contribute further.
    So like I said your one of the ones that want something for nothing. The club don’t e you a favour back in the day by giving a few nice added touches, when in reality the only benefit you should need from buyin g a season ticket is you get a guaranteed seat at every home game at a much reduced rate to a walk up supporter, and the club can then buy players early due to having the money up front.

I find it astonishing that people hold removing the c up top up against the club. They were losing an absolute fortune on it year on year because of our home ties, so not only do you want the club not to make added money, you want them to lose out on money for your own personal gain. Unbelievable.
    Last edited by hibbysam; 08-02-2018 at 01:45 PM.

FFS. Hope I'm in your seat after I've shifted about for a better view and feel a good fart coming on.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    So like I said your one of the ones that want something for nothing. The club don’t e you a favour back in the day by giving a few nice added touches, when in reality the only benefit you should need from buyin g a season ticket is you get a guaranteed seat at every home game at a much reduced rate to a walk up supporter, and the club can then buy players early due to having the money up front.

I find it astonishing that people hold removing the c up top up against the club. They were losing an absolute fortune on it year on year because of our home ties, so not only do you want the club not to make added money, you want them to lose out on money for your own personal gain. Unbelievable.
    Unbelievable right enough, the amount of folk that think the club actually still value tbem.

Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    FFS. Hope I'm in your seat after I've shifted about for a better view and feel a good fart coming on.
    Wow yeah that would really annoy me.😩

If anybody doesn't want Hibs to get any more money from re-selling their seat when they can't make it, then surely it's as simple as just not registering to have it re-sold.

I didn't feel the main point the OP was making (tho I could be wrong) was one of extra money, but to allow the empty seats to be filled (i.e. improved atmosphere) and to allow people to see the game that might otherwise miss it (the Hearts game's already sold out)

I can't see anything wrong with that.

Unbelievable right enough, the amount of folk that think the club actually still value tbem.
    Or the club cannot continue to lose a shed load of money on schemes that have that sole purpose, so got rid of said scheme to maximise revenue and put the b eat team on the park, that funnily enough seems to be happening at this moment in time.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    If your seat is resold by the club for a game you cant make then a percentage of that sale should be discounted from next years season ticket.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    I can't imagine ever being this angry at club shop discount and row numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I can't imagine ever being this angry at club shop discount and row numbers.
    I'm far from angry.

Tottenham allow you to re-list when a match is nearing sold out or sold out.
    If said seat is resold then I get 1/19th of ST cost, as cash or credit against next ST.
    I think this is very fair. Clubs can't expect us, plead in our case, folk to buy ST's then expect us to give them back for nowt when not attending.
    I've done it twice this season at Spurs, obviously a 90k stadium doesn't allow me many opportunities to resell, but next season I expect I will be able to relist every game if I wanted to.

Cheers
    Mr Lix

P's, all done via ticketmaster and is very easy to do.
    Last edited by Lix; 08-02-2018 at 02:30 PM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Next season the kids season ticket should be increased in price IMO.

Even doubling the price to £50 it would still be fantastic value and maybe we would see a reduction in people getting a £25 ticket and not showing up.
    Agree with this.

So Hibs get to sell my seat twice? No thanks, if I miss a game I always try to give it away, failing that it will remain empty.
    Such a system as proposed would not stop you doing that. But if you could not give it away - the club might gain.

Otherwise, I am not sure I will ever understand your way of thinking on this one.

First Team Breakthrough HibbyAl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I have a few mates who cannot commit to season tickets just now - working away regularly, family commitments etc. I have no doubt that if we introduced a system that allowed you to resell your seat for any games you were going to miss -and a share of thhat revenue came to you in the form of a discount off next year's season ticket - they would absolutely buy season tickets for next season which they otherwise would not touch.

So, you'd get more bums on seats on match days for atmosphere, the club would pull in more revenue from the re-sales and the club would also sell more season tickets in the first place.

What am I missing?
    They wouldn't resell your seat for every game they couldn't make. Only for completely sold out games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix View Post
    Tottenham allow you to re-list when a match is nearing sold out or sold out.
    If said seat is resold then I get 1/19th of ST cost, as cash or credit against next ST.
    I think this is very fair. Clubs can't expect us, plead in our case, folk to buy ST's then expect us to give them back for nowt when not attending.
    I've done it twice this season at Spurs, obviously a 90k stadium doesn't allow me many opportunities to resell, but next season I expect I will be able to relist every game if I wanted to.

Cheers
    Mr Lix

P's, all done via ticketmaster and is very easy to do.
    Most (all?) EPL clubs will have the same Ticketmaster system in place. How much you get back and how you can spend it will vary from club to club. I've relisted my seat for a number of West Ham games and very rarely it doesn't sell. It's a no brainer for the bigger clubs as they have a large number of foreign or long distance ST holders who won't make every game and they sell-out most weeks. It's different in Hibs case as it would only really apply about 6-7 times a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    EPL clubs using Ticketmaster have a formal system that kicks in when the game is offically sold out. You can release your ST seat for sale on the system and receive 30% of the price, if your ticket is sold, towards "club cash" which can be used in a variety of ways, including a credit towards the following seasons ST.
    that's a good idea

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seanshow View Post
    Thats the problem with the various concession ST's,I would go for, releasing a full price seat and receive a £5 voucher for the club shop up to (4 per season)
    Releasing any other seat - Nothing

...And get a big advert/link/button on the main page of the Hibs official website that can be triggered when it is needed.
    There's nothing to prevent the Club from selling a released concession ST at full price, it doesn't have to be resold as a concession.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Folk want paid for not going to ER? That’s defo a new one!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Folk want paid for not going to ER? That’s defo a new one!

there have been a few times when I would have paid to get out!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    Such a system as proposed would not stop you doing that. But if you could not give it away - the club might gain.

Otherwise, I am not sure I will ever understand your way of thinking on this one.
    It's a bit like refusing to tick the gift aid box when giving to charity.

It's costs the donators nothing to do it and the charity benefits.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Most (all?) EPL clubs will have the same Ticketmaster system in place. How much you get back and how you can spend it will vary from club to club. I've relisted my seat for a number of West Ham games and very rarely it doesn't sell. It's a no brainer for the bigger clubs as they have a large number of foreign or long distance ST holders who won't make every game and they sell-out most weeks. It's different in Hibs case as it would only really apply about 6-7 times a season.
    At Spurs, I've only been allowed to re-list about 5 or 6 times so far this season, yes, that's due to a 90k stadium.

Ticketmaster, every club will have a different system, you get what you pay for!

Question: how much does WH charge someone buying your relisted seat?
    Spurs charge £7 booking fee on someone buying my seat. So cost passed on?

Cheers
    Mr Lix

I tried to give back my ST earlier but couldnt get hold of Hibs to do so. Didnt bother trying again for the next 2.

The guy beside me clearly managed to do so for the Rangers game. The person who sat there was ignorant and full of sectarian and racist nonsense. I dont think he actually was sectarian or racist. Just not very clever or self aware

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    I don’t miss many games but would be happy to release our seats if getting some money back for it otherwise I wouldn’t bother doing it. I think it’s only fair if the seat is resold then the season ticket holder gets all or some of the money back whether it’s a credit or cash wouldn’t matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It's a bit like refusing to tick the gift aid box when giving to charity.

It's costs the donators nothing to do it and the charity benefits.
    Precisely.

It's getting a bit irksome at how often I release my seat because the date/time changes of fixtures are preventing me from going. We seem to play more evening games than I can ever remember. It's a great problem to have though and I'd rather this was the issue than us struggling to fill half the stadium!

It would be interesting to know how many of the unused seats tend to be adult/concession tickets. I believe that the amount of seats that may be unused for recent sellouts is negligible for the club to pursue; it's rather pointless for the club to put resources into at this moment in time. Maybe when this stretches to 'Category-B' games, it could be worth looking into; we still have plenty of the South available for most games.

With regard to 'Category-A' games, I would prefer to see the club allocating more of the South to Hibs supporters for games against Celtc & Rangers than trying to entice people to give back their season ticket seat for resale. I understand the club would spend more resources and make less money due to segregation, but I would prefer to see the club speculate on non-regular Hibbies frequently attending Category-A games, after a long period of struggling to get half as many in for our biggest games.
    Last edited by PerfectlyFranck; 09-02-2018 at 12:20 AM.

EPL clubs using Ticketmaster have a formal system that kicks in when the game is offically sold out. You can release your ST seat for sale on the system and receive 30% of the price, if your ticket is sold, towards "club cash" which can be used in a variety of ways, including a credit towards the following seasons ST.
    Jeezo. If it’s administered by Ticketmaster, what could possibly go wrong??
    They can barely operate purchasing tickets when it’s busy (cup games, etc). Goodness knows what adding another service to an already shaky set up would bring. Wouldn’t hold my breath!!

That said, it is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    I don’t miss many games but would be happy to release our seats if getting some money back for it otherwise I wouldn’t bother doing it. I think it’s only fair if the seat is resold then the season ticket holder gets all or some of the money back whether it’s a credit or cash wouldn’t matter to me.
    I have missed at least 6 games, and wish I had taken the trouble to inform the club. they could have resold my seat and I would not care less if they made money on it. I got my ST to put money into my club. I hope to get to most, in the run in but if there are any that I cant make and they might be near sell outs I will call the ticket office at least. I don't understand the Scouser's attitude at all.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    you think its fair, others might too. Me, don't give a flyin', tae say the least

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu View Post
    It's getting a bit irksome at how often I release my seat because the date/time changes of fixtures are preventing me from going. We seem to play more evening games than I can ever remember. It's a great problem to have though and I'd rather this was the issue than us struggling to fill half the stadium!

It would be interesting to know how many of the unused seats tend to be adult/concession tickets. I believe that the amount of seats that may be unused for recent sellouts is negligible for the club to pursue; it's rather pointless for the club to put resources into at this moment in time. Maybe when this stretches to 'Category-B' games, it could be worth looking into; we still have plenty of the South available for most games.

With regard to 'Category-A' games, I would prefer to see the club allocating more of the South to Hibs supporters for games against Celtc & Rangers than trying to entice people to give back their season ticket seat for resale. I understand the club would spend more resources and make less money due to segregation, but I would prefer to see the club speculate on non-regular Hibbies frequently attending Category-A games, after a long period of struggling to get half as many in for our biggest games.
    that is a point that I will gladly agree on. we cant get enough seats for Glasgow games, and we cant get enough seats at home when playing Glasgow teams. they, on the other hand, pen us in with a paltry amount and treat us as ****