hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I do understand where Scouse Hibby is coming from but sadly it’s an indictment of the world we live in today. Mars Bars aren’t the same size they were 10 years ago and are dearer but people still buy them. Same with a lot of foods and household items.
    Unfortunately same principle is being applied to ST benefit. As long as the core purpose is being made available we have to suck it up even though some of the added benefits we used to have are a thing of the past. It won’t change any time in the future.
    Back when we were relegated, I was very vocal at the fact ST holders were being asked to continue paying Premiership prices for 1st Division games. Eventually my wrath calmed downed and was placated fully after taking full advantage of the CTU in the 15/16 season. We know that led to 2 finals and a certain day in May 2016.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do understand where Scouse Hibby is coming from but sadly it’s an indictment of the world we live in today. Mars Bars aren’t the same size they were 10 years ago and are dearer but people still buy them. Same with a lot of foods and household items.
    Unfortunately same principle is being applied to ST benefit. As long as the core purpose is being made available we have to suck it up even though some of the added benefits we used to have are a thing of the past. It won’t change any time in the future.
    Back when we were relegated, I was very vocal at the fact ST holders were being asked to continue paying Premiership prices for 1st Division games. Eventually my wrath calmed downed and was placated fully after taking full advantage of the CTU in the 15/16 season. We know that led to 2 finals and a certain day in May 2016.
    Yes valid points, but remember I too have continued to buy a season ticket along with a Mars bar. I won't be returning them to Mars to resell though as I realise I can't eat them before the use by date!
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 09-02-2018 at 05:03 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    I really don’t get some posters on here... maybe it’s a generational thing, maybe they weren’t encouraged to share when they were children.

I for one hated sharing my things, cos no doubt they would come back to me in worse condition than went they were lent out.

But this is a whole different kettle of fish!

If you cannot make a match then what does it matter to you if the club resell it?? I tend to give my ST to friends when I cannot make it... whether the club agree or not. If no one wanted the ST for a match I would let the club know they could resell it because every penny counts in Scottish football....!! And I do not expect any recompense for doing so... because it’s my choice to give it back, I’m not being forced by the club or by other fans, I am choosing to ‘donate’ my ticket back to the club, so the club can benefit.

I am really really struggling to see why some fans are angry about the suggestion of ‘donating’ their ticket back to the club for these situations or expecting something in return....!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    I really don’t get some poster on here... maybe it’s a generational thing, maybe they weren’t encouraged to share when they were children.

I for one hated sharing my things, cos no doubt they would come back to me in worse condition than went they were lent out.

If you cannot make a match then what does it matter to you if the club resell it?? I tend to give my ST to friends when I cannot make it... whether the club agree or not. If no one wanted the ST for a match I would let the club know they could resell it because every penny counts in Scottish football....!! And I do not expect any recompense for doing so... because it’s my choice to give it back, I’m not being forced by the club or by other fans, I am choosing to ‘donate’ my ticket back to the club, so the club can benefit.

I am really really struggling to see why some fans are angry about the suggestion of ‘donating’ their ticket back to the club for these situations or expecting something in return....!
    I'm not angry, as you have said it's your choice to give it back, it's also my choice not to it's as simple as that. As for your amateur psychology theory about sharing as a child, nice theory but not true.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    It’s a matter of choice. I don’t think any fan should be thought any more/less of because they do/don’t allow their seat to go to resell.

What I would observe tho is this % significant? Do the club have figures (they must do otherwise the system and security is stuffed)

What would this mean for me future loyalty scheme - would resold tickets count the same as a normal walk up?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Testimonial Due
    I really don’t get some posters on here... maybe it’s a generational thing, maybe they weren’t encouraged to share when they were children.

Who's angry?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I usually go with my dad and out of the folk sitting around us I’m the youngest by a good 20 years probably!

If I don’t go and release my ticket then he could be left sitting with some complete thug that shouts and swears through the whole game and is a general pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Best idea I've heard on here for a long time
    So I should be hit with a £50 increase on my season tickets bill because other people don't show up? An extra £50 On top would probably mean not being able to get my sons' season tickets or my own.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    So like I said your one of the ones that want something for nothing. The club don’t e you a favour back in the day by giving a few nice added touches, when in reality the only benefit you should need from buyin g a season ticket is you get a guaranteed seat at every home game at a much reduced rate to a walk up supporter, and the club can then buy players early due to having the money up front.

I find it astonishing that people hold removing the c up top up against the club. They were losing an absolute fortune on it year on year because of our home ties, so not only do you want the club not to make added money, you want them to lose out on money for your own personal gain. Unbelievable.
    Aren’t the club wanting something for nothing? The ST holder has paid for a seat he might not use but the club want to sell this again?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Aren’t the club wanting something for nothing? The ST holder has paid for a seat he might not use but the club want to sell this again?
    That'll be the club we support.

Another way to look at it is that a Hibs fan who you don't know will get to see the game.

It's a win/win/win situation.

The fan wins, Hibs win and the ST holder wins (if there's a % returned).

Why anyone would prefer a Lose/lose/lose is baffling, but there's no accounting for folk.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Surely it's up to the individual to decide whether or not they want to put their ticket up for resale? Personally I don't have a problem, I've e mailed the Club twice this season to make my concessionary season ticket available and if they can resell it at full price then so be it. At the end of the day it's more money in the pot.

@hibs.net private member
    I go with three kids to the West Upper. If one of them don't go(very unlikely to be me as 1. I'm tight and 2. Hibs beat pretty much every other type of engagement for me and I am clear about that with my family) then I always try to get one of their mates to attend of upgrade it and get a mate to come along. I have thought about releasing their tickets a few times but then I have no idea who will get it and I sit surrounded by great supporters and have no issue with the kids. The last thing I want is a fan who is drunk, screaming and shouting obscenities. From my experience the games that releasing unused tickets would be the games where fans are most likely to have a few bevvies and those getting the unused tickets are the most likely to have not been to a game for years. The type of fans that mean I try never to sit behind the goals a semis and finals because the behaviour is so poor.

If there is a day when all three kids don't go then I'll release them but until them I'll probably stick with giving them to friends for no cost.

Cheap kids tickets should stay cheap but should not be valid for games against Hearts, Celtic or Rangers
    Alternatively the adult would have to email the club no more than a week before matches against the above 3 clubs if the kid is going to attend the match otherwise the club will release the kids ticket for purchase.

Don't understand.Who ever buys the seat gets a match to watch.In fact it's the same deal we all get.Do you think that is the club wanting something for nothing?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Don't understand.Who ever buys the seat gets a match to watch.In fact it's the same deal we all get.Do you think that is the club wanting something for nothing?
    I was reading a few comments saying that “people” want money for nothing, ie by asking for money back for the ticket they’ve paid for.

By releasing it to the club they get to sell it for a 2nd time meaning they get £50+ for one seat - that’s money for nothing isn’t it?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    That'll be the club we support.

Another way to look at it is that a Hibs fan who you don't know will get to see the game.

It's a win/win/win situation.

The fan wins, Hibs win and the ST holder wins (if there's a % returned).

Why anyone would prefer a Lose/lose/lose is baffling, but there's no accounting for folk.

Aye the club we support. They get to sell a seat to 2 folk so get free money.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    I'm not angry, as you have said it's your choice to give it back, it's also my choice not to it's as simple as that. As for your amateur psychology theory about sharing as a child, nice theory but not true.
    You come across as pretty miffed to be honest, and my statement wasn’t really specifically about you. This debate has been going on for a while and this season it has gathered steam as our recent success and now our place in the top tier only adds to the debate.

We all want Hibs to do well, and if helping fund the club helps with Hibs future success then I am happy to do so, any fan should be happy to contribute.... it costs you nothing to donate your seat back to the club when you cannot attend and it makes the club more money. Hibs are not expecting you to dig deeper in your pockets, in fact they are not even formally asking you to donate anything.... it just seems that those who are reluctant to do so when it comes at no cost to those fans is a bit rubbish!!

I can see I will never ‘win’ this debate....

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Aye the club we support. They get to sell a seat to 2 folk so get free money.
    That's a good thing, right?

More money for the club, more fans at the game, better atmosphere.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    That's a good thing, right?

More money for the club, more fans at the game, better atmosphere.
    I suppose it is. My point which I seem to be having difficulty in making clear is folk were being criticised for wanting “something for nothing” whereas actually it’s Hibs that want/are getting “something for nothing”.

You come across as pretty miffed to be honest, and my statement wasn’t really specifically about you. This debate has been going on for a while and this season it has gathered steam as our recent success and now our place in the top tier only adds to the debate.

We all want Hibs to do well, and if helping fund the club helps with Hibs future success then I am happy to do so, any fan should be happy to contribute.... it costs you nothing to donate your seat back to the club when you cannot attend and it makes the club more money. Hibs are not expecting you to dig deeper in your pockets, in fact they are not even formally asking you to donate anything.... it just seems that those who are reluctant to do so when it comes at no cost to those fans is a bit rubbish!!

I can see I will never ‘win’ this debate....
    As I said mate it's about choices and opinions. There doesn't have to be a 'winner' surely? This board is all about discussion and as long as it stays free from personal insults which it has then it's good to talk/ discuss these issues.

@hibs.net private member
    As I said mate it's about choices and opinions. There doesn't have to be a 'winner' surely? This board is all about discussion and as long as it stays free from personal insults which it has then it's good to talk/ discuss these issues.
    I totally agree mate, at the end of the day it’s only football.

Out of interest, where is your ST seat...? In future if you can’t make it I’m sure I may know a few folk that would be interested in ‘buying’ your seat for any sold out matches 😊

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    I suppose it is. My point which I seem to be having difficulty in making clear is folk were being criticised for wanting “something for nothing” whereas actually it’s Hibs that want/are getting “something for nothing”.
    I hear you..... I think what's making it difficult for you getting that message across is that, so far, Hibs are not even in the discussions...
    As it stands, getting tickets put back onto the availability list is costing them manpower etc to manage it, so while they should make money by reselling those tickets it'll be less than a straight sale... That said... Anything that brings in revenue to the club can only ever be a good thing.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I totally agree mate, at the end of the day it’s only football.

Out of interest, where is your ST seat...? In future if you can’t make it I’m sure I may know a few folk that would be interested in ‘buying’ your seat for any sold out matches 😊
    It's in the West Upper Row HH, I have a couple of regular recipients if I can't make it, I have never charged anyone to use it nor would I. It's been paid for..... once by me. 😁

Blog Entries
    Hmmm,Everton fan obviously,mind you,the me,me,me,suggests Liverpool.
    Defo(havint seen that bad boy in a while😁) a jamboree !

Seriously,why trumpet the fact......."it's ma ticket........I'm gonna be in Blackpool gettin' pissed.....YOU arny getting it.....at any price"

?

Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    Hmmm,Everton fan obviously,mind you,the me,me,me,suggests Liverpool.
    Defo(havint seen that bad boy in a while😁) a jamboree !

Seriously,why trumpet the fact......."it's ma ticket........I'm gonna be in Blackpool gettin' pissed.....YOU arny getting it.....at any price"

?
    Never understood a word of that.😁

Until the day that Hibs sell out every game and fans are left wanting a ticket- why all the anger on here? It's very rarely a fan can't get a seat at ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I shouldn't imagine the set-up costs would be much as it's already part of Ticketmaster's service offering. The ongoing costs could be met out of resales. Any money going to Hibs is profit.
    It wouldn't be any profit to Hibs except for a complete sell-out (Hearts, OF).

For the Aberdeen match, for example, reselling season tickets rather than shifting South Stand tickets would leave the club out of pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    Until the day that Hibs sell out every game and fans are left wanting a ticket- why all the anger on here? It's very rarely a fan can't get a seat at ER.
    Not that rare these days. Both Hearts games have sold out. The Rangers one before Christmas did as it will when we next play them at ER.

Doesn’t sound much when you put it like that but it’s getting on for a quarter of our home games in the league. When it is ‘sold out’ but a number of seats are left unoccupied, and people who want to go can’t despite that, then I don’t think it’s unreasonable for folk to raise questions on it.

Blog Entries
    Never understood a word of that.😁
    That makes two of us .
    Have a great weekend

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs are not really getting something for nothing in this ‘deal’... football is an entertainment business and they are providing a service which people pay for by buying a ticket to watch.

If you buy a season ticket but cannot go and then offer to donate it back to the club, it benefits the club financially, yes, but is that not a good thing.... we are not a club that doesn’t need money are we?

Im not trying to stir anything but the idea that one should get something in return for donating their seat back is just greed, imho.

The question that seems to go unanswered on these debates is why don’t those unwilling to release/donate their seat back on these occasions want to help out the club financially as well as fill the home seats to help boost the overall atmosphere for these big matches...???

i am keen on reiterating the term donate as this to me is the best way to describe this action. In other words, when one donates funds/clothes/food to charity, do you then stand with your hands out waiting for something in return?