hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Benidorm

@hibs.net private member

Benidorm

Heading to Benidorm this weekend with 11 mates, none of us have been, any recommendations for everything from breakfast to beers to sinful activities will be greatfully received.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Watch your valuables and leave your Passport & cards in the hotel safe!
    Benidorm is as popular as ever with young British families but at night there's a proper seedy element.
    Loads of Romanian prostitutes that double as pick-pockets protected by Albanian & Russian thugs.
    Stay in groups of at least 3, especially when returning back to your digs and you'll be fine.
    I myself had my bill-fold dipped by a Romanian, I caught her in the act but it was only when the police in balaclavas turned up that I got my money back.

That being said, there's plenty bars along Levante beach and the strip to cater for all tastes. Jumping Jacks was our meeting point for afternoon beers, Red Lion & Morgan's at night had cabaret/live acts. Some of our group went to the Black Chicken, was described as a dance bar/brothel!
    Plenty pubs showing football if it's on when your there, we found a wee cafe bar that showed the Dundee-Hibs game last October, it was called Helens, on Calle Lepanto, a few doors down from the Ibrox Bar.
    Last edited by speedy_gonzales; 08-02-2018 at 08:18 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Can't be arsed with the pick pocket type of girls that rush over to groups of guys. I will just take cash out.

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heading to Benidorm this weekend with 11 mates, none of us have been, any recommendations for everything from breakfast to beers to sinful activities will be greatfully received.
    Go online and check out the Rich Bitch Showbar in Benidorm old town. My missus and I have seen this show 3 or 4 times over the years and its always a great night.
    Its 5 Euro a head entrance and a really funny drag act with some brilliant laughs. Drinks are decent prices too.

GGTTH

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Watch your valuables and leave your Passport & cards in the hotel safe!
    Benidorm is as popular as ever with young British families but at night there's a proper seedy element.
    Loads of Romanian prostitutes that double as pick-pockets protected by Albanian & Russian thugs.
    Stay in groups of at least 3, especially when returning back to your digs and you'll be fine.
    I myself had my bill-fold dipped by a Romanian, I caught her in the act but it was only when the police in balaclavas turned up that I got my money back.

That being said, there's plenty bars along Levante beach and the strip to cater for all tastes. Jumping Jacks was our meeting point for afternoon beers, Red Lion & Morgan's at night had cabaret/live acts. Some of our group went to the Black Chicken, was described as a dance bar/brothel!
    Plenty pubs showing football if it's on when your there, we found a wee cafe bar that showed the Dundee-Hibs game last October, it was called Helens, on Calle Lepanto, a few doors down from the Ibrox Bar.
    Was over there last year with a few lads, one from this site too. We went to the black chicken one day around 1ish in the afternoon, and left gone 2ish the next morning.

The brothel is 2 doors down after the Palladium, none of us went in, although we did point out if we had gone we'd still be there now with the amount of drink we'd consumed.

I personally like that wee bar next to Morgans, i think it's called last stop, and one further along past them called the Piccadilly, we've had some great nights in those 2 bars.

Jumping Jacks hibby bar.
    As said before take care late at night

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I’ve never been to benidorm, I had no idea that these sort of things went on in a holiday resort. I take it there’s an area that’s more family friendly?

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I’ve never been to benidorm, I had no idea that these sort of things went on in a holiday resort. I take it there’s an area that’s more family friendly?
    To be honest, based on what I saw over the weekend I'd say no. Absolutely nothing family friendly about it. Place is absolutely crazy.

Well, H18 SFR has already given his answer, frustratingly I think Levante beach is one of the best municipal beaches you'll find on the Costa Blanca so for families you'd think it would be ideal.
    Besides a recent stag, I was there around 4 years ago with family and aside form the "usual" Brits abroad behaviour the worst and most classless act was when a group of guys walked down towards the strip in the evening and one had his male member hanging out his un-buttoned shorts for all to see. Our group was sitting outside at a table having an evening meal when my mother-in-law caught sight of it first and was (as expected) thoroughly disgusted.
    I jumped up from the table and in (what I thought) was a non-aggressive manner asked the guy to behave himself, apart from all the other families around we had two young girls in our company. They guy honestly didn't understand what the problem was so I got a little ratty about it, then the rest of the group jumped in and threats of violence were made to myself,,,,must have been some proper hard men in that group to go scrapping with one guy who was on his hols with wife/daughter/sis-in-law/mum-in-law and niece.
    I put my hands up and walked away, no need spoiling the holiday further but was fuming. The restaurant owner came out and gave me a fresh cold beer on the house and suggested I forget about it and get on with life, it's how they cope apparently!!!

Well, H18 SFR has already given his answer, frustratingly I think Levante beach is one of the best municipal beaches you'll find on the Costa Blanca so for families you'd think it would be ideal.
    Besides a recent stag, I was there around 4 years ago with family and aside form the "usual" Brits abroad behaviour the worst and most classless act was when a group of guys walked down towards the strip in the evening and one had his male member hanging out his un-buttoned shorts for all to see. Our group was sitting outside at a table having an evening meal when my mother-in-law caught sight of it first and was (as expected) thoroughly disgusted.
    I jumped up from the table and in (what I thought) was a non-aggressive manner asked the guy to behave himself, apart from all the other families around we had two young girls in our company. They guy honestly didn't understand what the problem was so I got a little ratty about it, then the rest of the group jumped in and threats of violence were made to myself,,,,must have been some proper hard men in that group to go scrapping with one guy who was on his hols with wife/daughter/sis-in-law/mum-in-law and niece.
    I put my hands up and walked away, no need spoiling the holiday further but was fuming. The restaurant owner came out and gave me a fresh cold beer on the house and suggested I forget about it and get on with life, it's how they cope apparently!!!
    I think I’ll give it a miss as a family holiday destination.

United we stand here....

I think I’ll give it a miss as a family holiday destination.
    I'm fairly sure, in the spirit of a balanced opinion, Judith Chalmers RAVED about it back in 1984 🙄

I'm fairly sure, in the spirit of a balanced opinion, Judith Chalmers RAVED about it back in 1984 🙄
    To be honest that’s why I was surprised to read this thread. I’d always imagined it to be a family holiday destination. I’ve heard it being described as Blackpool in the sun. It sounds like it might be good for a place to go for a boys away trip.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    To be honest that’s why I was surprised to read this thread. I’d always imagined it to be a family holiday destination. I’ve heard it being described as Blackpool in the sun. It sounds like it might be good for a place to go for a boys away trip.

It is, although you need to be very broad minded.

Worse thing i saw was on the main street where the red lion is, a couple were as pissed as you could be, the bloke fell over and his girlfriend/wife/pick up, stepped out her undies and sat on his face.

Not often i am that gobsmacked i can't speak, but that was one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Worse thing i saw was on the main street where the red lion is, a couple were as pissed as you could be, the bloke fell over and his girlfriend/wife/pick up, stepped out her undies and sat on his face.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Proof

Went a few times for a family holiday and we loved it. We stayed at the Deloix which is a spa and a hotel. It was near the Circuis so out of the way of the craziness. At night we'd go along to the Rock n Roll bar and some of the others near it.

Never had any issues when we were there on a family holiday. Also been on a stag but that was entirely different!