hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    @hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back in the days when we used to get regularly horsed at Ibrox, I remember quite enjoying a 4-3 defeat through there. We were 2-1 up at halftime through goals from Wright and Jackson and it was a rarity at the time!
    Reminds me of this game: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vfke1BSg4u4

Some team the cheats had back then.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    That was an amazing night - Gordon Rae was booked for the foul on McCoist which led to Cooper's brilliant free kick, you could see on the big man's face he knew that was him out of the final but he was different class after that. Jukebox Durie had a chance in the last minute to settle the nerves but the Huns keeper (Nicky Walker perhaps?) saved his shot and it was an excruciating wait for the full time whistle. What an explosion of joy in the Broomloan at the end though!
    That was some night, fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Exactly, i have enjoyed many many games where we've lost or drawn them.
    Agree with this.

My enjoyment of a game is based on how well Hibs play, with the scoreline a secondary consideration. I go home in a better mood after a defeat where we played well than I do after a win where we played poorly.

If winning every week was my main concern, I wouldn't be a Hibs fan. I'd be glory hunting elsewhere.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Agree with this.

My enjoyment of a game is based on how well Hibs play, with the scoreline a secondary consideration. I go home in a better mood after a defeat where we played well than I do after a win where we played poorly.

If winning every week was my main concern, I wouldn't be a Hibs fan. I'd be glory hunting elsewhere.
    I find that a very strange attitude. Each to their own though.
    I’d much rather a drab 1-0 win where we didn’t play well over a 3-2 defeat in which we did.

Opinions eh?

Never enjoyed any game that we have lost...
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Never enjoyed any game that we have lost...
    Same

@hibs.net private member
    AEK game at ER we won the match but lost the tie. The same with Brondby away. Both great nights but sadly we just never done enough to scape through

Can’t say I have a favourite game we lost. I have taken pride in performance even in defeat but never enjoyment

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    2-3 at tynecastle, when deano got sent off, was a great match. Whittaker hit both posts with a shot IIRC. Gutted we lost, but it was a very exciting 90 mins.

2-3 against aberdeen in the semi, and 0-3 in the final agaibst celtic were memorable, but mainly due to the performance of the fans. The latter was, for me, an important moment where 25,000 hibees showed faith that we were going to bring the cup home some time soon, which IIRC we did...?

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    IMO some people are conflating the enjoyment of a football match with enjoying hibs loosing. Don't really get why these folk are bothering posting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHarpy76 View Post
    I find that a very strange attitude. Each to their own though.
    I’d much rather a drab 1-0 win where we didn’t play well over a 3-2 defeat in which we did.

Opinions eh?
    It would be a dull board if everyone had the same opinion

When I go to a game I want to be entertained. If the score was all that mattered to me then I could do something else with my time and just check the result later.

I stopped going for a few years, initially because I was no longer enjoying the football and then because other things had taken over. When I finally went back I found that I missed the buzz of being there, but my mood afterwards still depends on the performance more than the result.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Never keen on seeing Hibs lose, but let's face it, it comes with the job.

My memories of the 1993 League Cup Final were of a rowdy and boisterous day and evening, that started very early and finished very late. The result was a letdown but I did enjoy that day.

There was also a game at ER, must have been mid-ninetiesish, against Celtc, round about when they had Van Hooijdonk, Di Canio and Cadete. They scored a goal that started from the back and was pretty much one-touch passes all the way up the pitch in super-quick time that just cut us open mercilessly. I was in the East that day and gave them a sullen few claps for it, as did a fair number, which was a rare thing.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    It would be a dull board if everyone had the same opinion

When I go to a game I want to be entertained. If the score was all that mattered to me then I could do something else with my time and just check the result later.

I stopped going for a few years, initially because I was no longer enjoying the football and then because other things had taken over. When I finally went back I found that I missed the buzz of being there, but my mood afterwards still depends on the performance more than the result.
    That is exactly how I feel.
    To answer the question tho. I would be torn between Brondby away and Leeds at ER in 73. Yes, that's how long I've been following Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    That was some night, fantastic
    This must be the only game I was ever happy at after losing. The scenes inside and outside the ground were amazing. The Huns just disappeared. They don't like the odds when Hibs filled the whole end

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Thanks to the hive mind both the Leeds game in 72 and the Arabs in 2014 are games I've genuinely left feeling good about the team of not the result. The two Hampden results that bothersome the least are Falkirk semi 2015 and Ross County April 2016. In neither occasion did the team fail to turn up.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I’ve not got a favourite we lost. The one big game that stands out for me where we did everything we could but still lost was the 1993 League Cup Final. Gutted but I accepted the players gave their all against a very good Rangers side.

Barcelona at Murrayfield, I think it was 3-0. Always wanted to see Messi playing in the flesh, and that was a great Barcelona side.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Barcelona at Murrayfield, I think it was 3-0. Always wanted to see Messi playing in the flesh, and that was a great Barcelona side.
    Was 0-5 at HT iirc, orchestrated by 21 yr old Messi, who never appeared for 2nd half. Had my v.young at the time Son beside me & told him to enjoy watching a masterclass just like I was. It was enough seeing Hibs of that time v Barca.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Was 0-5 at HT iirc, orchestrated by 21 yr old Messi, who never appeared for 2nd half. Had my v.young at the time Son beside me & told him to enjoy watching a masterclass just like I was. It was enough seeing Hibs of that time v Barca.
    It was a treat seeing the Barca greats even though they gave us a humbling. My memory from the game was Steven Thicot coming on as a sub in what I think was his Hibs debut, and spraying passes about.

I had high hopes for him but it never really worked out. After his cameo at Murayfield, I think he only really had one great game against Celtc at Parkhead. We shipped two goals in the first ten minutes but steadied the ship after that and Thicot was immense in midfield, connecting back to front - one of those games where we deserved a lot more than we got. Possibly the match that Denes Rosa got his first appearance for Hibs as a sub?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member vincipernoi's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: eh? Wii Code: eh?
    Haven't checked the whole thread forensically but has anyone suggested a home game against Dundee United in May 1986?

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Remember seeing Messi ghost past the Hibs players like they were not there.

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Was literally a training exercise for Barca. We were chasing shaddows

I missed the Barca friendly. Would be good to arrange another match against one of the continental giants, but pretty tough to organise.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    If you have never enjoyed a game of football where we've been beaten, then you must have endured some ****ty days watching Hibs.

Got one. It's an undisputed fact that everyone on this board that was at Hibs-Rangers in May 2005 had some sort of celebration despite getting beat 1-0.