hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chelsea to ban fans for anti Semitic language

Bbc say police are working with Chelsea and Watford after anti Semitic chants.if the police can investigate that. why can't they do the same with the Rangers ,it's got to be in a far larger scale.cant ever see it tho,but why not.have rangers ever banned anyone for bigotry

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    You come from Nairn, I come from Finechty,we don't count.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    There’s a whole thread on Follow Follow just now about the sectarian language (H*n) used by Hibs fans on Saturday and how it should be investigated. Can’t make it up.

Because as a country, bigotry is our dirty little secret.

Nobody wants to deal with it and the bigots combined with those who'd rather bury their head in the sand by calling it out as a 'Scottish football' problem, in a bid to deflect attention and responsibility away from their own clubs, probably out-number those who actually would like to see us as a nation tackle the problem.

Call me cynical but I'm of the opinion that we're pissing in the wind with this one. The only approach might be to hope that in a modern society these kind of views eventually die out with the people peddling them. Like racism, homophobia et al

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Nobody wants to deal with it and the bigots combined with those who'd rather bury their head in the sand by calling it out as a 'Scottish football' problem, in a bid to deflect attention and responsibility away from their own clubs, probably out-number those who actually would like to see us as a nation tackle the problem.

Call me cynical but I'm of the opinion that we're pissing in the wind with this one. The only approach might be to hope that in a modern society these kind of views eventually die out with the people peddling them. Like racism, homophobia et al

Hoping something just dies out doesn’t work.

I think you need some kind of catalyst for change, a bit like Weinstein kickstarting the #MeToo movement.

Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    As the county have pumped Buckie twice this season I should count a wee bit more.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post

Can't see the Hun letting bigoted-sectarianism fade away as it's a major part of their recruitment !

Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    Years ago i took my american wife through "Finechty"and when we stopped at a tea room she asked me what language I was talking in with the waitress. 😂

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nairn hibee View Post
    Bbc say police are working with Chelsea and Watford after anti Semitic chants.if the police can investigate that. why can't they do the same with the Rangers ,it's got to be in a far larger scale.cant ever see it tho,but why not.have rangers ever banned anyone for bigotry
    it's also not just rangers - celtic were blasting out IRA songs last time they were at easter road. they are absolutely as bad as each other, we just don't get the worst of it from celtic because they see us as their 'wee cousins' or something irritating like that. choobs, the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    it's also not just rangers - celtic were blasting out IRA songs last time they were at easter road. they are absolutely as bad as each other, we just don't get the worst of it from celtic because they see us as their 'wee cousins' or something irritating like that. choobs, the lot of them.
    You've not read the script, you can't post that on here. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    There’s a whole thread on Follow Follow just now about the sectarian language (H*n) used by Hibs fans on Saturday and how it should be investigated. Can’t make it up.
    Wow. Just wow

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    You've not read the script, you can't post that on here. ;-)
    Wow, it looks like he has posted it on here.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I just tried to go and have a look at this and discovered that 'follow follow' is blocked at my work.... I quite like that

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was at a Chelsea v Sunderland game in ‘the shed’ in 2012 and the anti Semitic stuff was shocking. Even worse, when an Israeli player came on for Sunderland( Ex Liverpool, name escapes me) the abuse went up several notches. Not something I have ever heard in a football ground before and I couldn’t believe my ears.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Stupid Huns

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I just tried to go and have a look at this and discovered that 'follow follow' is blocked at my work.... I quite like that
    Someone in my work before I started got Kickback blocked, but not .net

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Someone in my work before I started got Kickback blocked, but not .net
    When I was responsible for Internet access in my job, I did the same. monitored it for a while but nobody attempted to access Kickback,

The only person accessing this site was me!

Mind you, the Company was(is) based in London...
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

I think the police and clubs are doing the right thing. Anti-semitism is competely unnaceptable.

Now, if only the Scottish Police, Clubs and Football Authorities had the same determination to eradicate Sectarianism, Bigotry and Terrorist Worshipping in Scotland, I'd be even happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    I was at a Chelsea v Sunderland game in ‘the shed’ in 2012 and the anti Semitic stuff was shocking. Even worse, when an Israeli player came on for Sunderland( Ex Liverpool, name escapes me) the abuse went up several notches. Not something I have ever heard in a football ground before and I couldn’t believe my ears.

Chelsea fans are horrible people. The "real" ones that is, not the ones they've had since 2003.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Silverlining to the whole Stokes debacle is that the dreadful song about his old man will surely never be aired again.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Chelsea fans are horrible people. The "real" ones that is, not the ones they've had since 2003.
    My uncle is a Chelsea fan. Always supported them as they are his local team in West London. You couldn’t hope to meet a nicer chap. Ran marathons for Save The Children and the RSPCA. Worked for a national charity that rescued abandoned pets. He’s getting on a bit now but still enjoys taking his now grown up grandchildren to Stamford Bridge and isn’t the slightest bit upset that of them inclines towards Arsenal.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Silverlining to the whole Stokes debacle is that the dreadful song about his old man will surely never be aired again.
    Totally agree

Didn't hear many singing it but was still cringe worthy

On par with the Hearts' Gorgie Billy Boys

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    My uncle is a Chelsea fan. Always supported them as they are his local team in West London. You couldn’t hope to meet a nicer chap. Ran marathons for Save The Children and the RSPCA. Worked for a national charity that rescued abandoned pets. He’s getting on a bit now but still enjoys taking his now grown up grandchildren to Stamford Bridge and isn’t the slightest bit upset that of them inclines towards Arsenal.
    Fair enough Bob but the ones I know - and that's a lot - are not the nicest when you scratch the surface. Very hard-core right wing, racist and anti Semitic. Huge loyalists that follow the "loyalist trinity".

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Fair enough Bob but the ones I know - and that's a lot - are not the nicest when you scratch the surface. Very hard-core right wing, racist and anti Semitic. Huge loyalists that follow the "loyalist trinity".
    The what? Chelsea, Linfield, Rangers by any chance?

Edit: Hamburg would make an unholy trinity +1....

Is calling Sevco fans “Huns” sectarian..? I’ve never thought so.. it sounds more like a justification from them to continue there bigoted bile.. surely nobody’s buying into this nonsense..

Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    Is calling Sevco fans “Huns” sectarian..? I’ve never thought so.. it sounds more like a justification from them to continue there bigoted bile.. surely nobody’s buying into this nonsense..
    This debate is circular, but it is the case that 'hun' is used in Ulster as a derogatory term for 'prods'. Thats a fact.

Personally I call the Rangers 'huns' as well, so i suppose I need to look at my own behaviour, but I use it to mean 'nutcase rangers supporters'; the religion thing doesn't come into it for me personally. Its not really comparable to them singing about up to knees in blood, derry walls or the sash, or their refusal to sign catholic players for large parts of their (previous) history. The huns will use our use of the term as an excuse for their favourite activity, 'whataboutery' of course, and justify their continued inaction to deal with their own shameful position as the worlds most prejudiced, sectarian and bigoted club. (Yes even more than Zagreb, Zenit.)

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    Sectarianism aside, trust me. To be called a fenian is to be respected as a poet, artist, warrior, libertarian and extraordinary lover. These ******ed Huns should be acknowledged for recognising this if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This debate is circular, but it is the case that 'hun' is used in Ulster as a derogatory term for 'prods'. Thats a fact.
    That's the sensible reason for deciding that 'hun' is sectarian; though I've never heard it used in Scotland that way. Is the Irish usage as a slur a new thing?

I've also seen complaints about the modified terms 'Diet huns' or 'Huns without the bus fare'. The argument is that because the modified terms refer to fans of teams other than Rangers, it must be because they're protestant (and not because they're aping the bigotry of a large chunk of the Rangers support or copying the worst parts of the Rangers songbook), and is therefore a sectarian slur. Either that or they think that singing ***** like 'The Billy Boys' is inherently part of protestantness and therefore criticizing it is bigotry. It's a pretty thin argument either way.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Yossi Benayoun?

Chelsea and West Ham are the worst for this when they play Spurs. The worst one isn't even a "chant" and it's been going on for years and nothing has really been done about it [yet].