hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While I am happy to admit that I'm the stupid one (not for the first time) in missing the fact that it's Scottish Cup weekend. it still begs the question..why the hell do we have a winter break if it means we have to play 5 games in two weeks ?

Even if the winter break was shortened to two weeks it would at least mean playing 5 games in three weeks and would avoid the need to go off to Portugal and set off fire alarms !
    Tin hat on here but that fire alarm incident could be the turning point in our season. Straight swap stokes for Allan and we look like a better team. And one of our largest earners is also off the wage budget

2. Log in to remove the advert

UEFA rules ban the the televising of member leagues domestic games that are played on the same night as Champions league/Europa League fixtures.
    So we can still play domestic games on Champs league nights, just means our games can’t be televised. Our recent midweek games haven’t been televised live.

Quote Originally Posted by John Plunkett View Post
    Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere however 2 home league games at 3pm on a Saturday from 1st Jan to 7th April doesn’t seem quite right.
    It is not right. there cant be much more 3pm away games either. maybe 6 but I have not checked.

UEFA rules ban the the televising of member leagues domestic games that are played on the same night as Champions league/Europa League fixtures.
    Not anymore it doesn’t.

Totally agree a ridiculous fixture list. Not only that but we have celtic, sevco and Aberdeen in our first five games after the break. We've done brilliantly to pick up so many points from the last 4 games. Random fixture list my erse.

Add into that hertz away in the cup then it's one horrendous run of games. Still the flipside is an easier run of games after that.

Great fixture list. The fans want a period where the action comes thick and fast, managers look tense and drawn while moaning about depleted squads and youngsters are pitched in and become men or crumble into the dust re-emerging several years later as change-scrounging jakeys with hard luck stories but delusional plans for grandiose comebacks.

Players too mollycoddled these days - let them eat crack cocaine, to paraphrase Marie Antoinette.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    It is not right. there cant be much more 3pm away games either. maybe 6 but I have not checked.
    We only have 1 away game at 3.00ko before the break.
    Ross County on 7\4

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hibernian+fc+fixtures+2017%2F18&oq=hibern ian+fc+fixtures&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.13745j0j7&c lient=tablet-android-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#sie=t;/m/017znw;2;/m/0wdrhw4;mt;fp;1
    What a moment this is!
    It's Liam Henderson to deliver......

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Not anymore it doesn’t.
    really ? when did it change ?

really ? when did it change ?
    Mid March.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/stv.tv/amp/1384509-spfl-tv-blackout-on-champions-league-nights-ended-by-epfl/

While I am happy to admit that I'm the stupid one (not for the first time) in missing the fact that it's Scottish Cup weekend. it still begs the question..why the hell do we have a winter break if it means we have to play 5 games in two weeks ?

Even if the winter break was shortened to two weeks it would at least mean playing 5 games in three weeks and would avoid the need to go off to Portugal and set off fire alarms !
    The problem isn't the winter break but the piss poor planning.

This year's calendar contains 45 Saturdays from the start of the League Cup groups to the Scottish Cup final.

Excluding Europe for simplicity, in that time a team reaching the final of both cups would play:
    8 League Cup Games
    6 Scottish Cup Games
    38 League Games

A total of 52 games.

Even factoring in a winter break of 3 weeks that's a game every week plus a midweek game every 6 weeks.

Yes there are postponements and possible replays but as I don't recall us being affected by that it sounds like poor planning to me.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    The problem isn't the winter break but the piss poor planning.

This year's calendar contains 45 Saturdays from the start of the League Cup groups to the Scottish Cup final.

Excluding Europe for simplicity, in that time a team reaching the final of both cups would play:
    8 League Cup Games
    6 Scottish Cup Games
    38 League Games

A total of 52 games.

Even factoring in a winter break of 3 weeks that's a game every week plus a midweek game every 6 weeks.

Yes there are postponements and possible replays but as I don't recall us being affected by that it sounds like poor planning to me.
    You need to put international breaks in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    We only have 1 away game at 3.00ko before the break.
    Ross County on 7\4

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hi...wdrhw4;mt;fp;1
    yup, saw that but wes mentioning the previous away game times. very few of which were 3pm

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Plunkett View Post
    Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere however 2 home league games at 3pm on a Saturday from 1st Jan to 7th April doesn’t seem quite right.
    We are liable only to have one after the split too.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Mid March.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/stv.tv/amp/1384509-spfl-tv-blackout-on-champions-league-nights-ended-by-epfl/
    Fair enough, I missed that.