This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scott Alen
    Scott Allen
    Scott Allan
    Scott Alan

Take your pick

Their, there, they're or they are.

Left by mutual consent!
    Perhaps maybe some people have difficulty spelling? I think it is obvious who people mean.

It might not be "that hard" for you or me but perhaps it is for others.

"Russel" Latapy is the one that used to give me a twitch. Even worserer, the EEN couldn't even get his name right when he was linked with Hibs ; Russel Lataps they called him (to be fair Lataps was generally how folk referred to him back in the day, e.g if they had spoken to his agent, for example, he was called "Lataps").

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Perhaps maybe some people have difficulty spelling? I think it is obvious who people mean.
    Some people have difficulty crossing the road. Moral: take extra care when you're doing it. Agree that it is obvious who people mean.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    "Russel" Latapy is the one that used to give me a twitch. Even worserer, the EEN couldn't even get his name right when he was linked with Hibs ; Russel Lataps they called him (to be fair Lataps was generally how folk referred to him back in the day, e.g if they had spoken to his agent, for example, he was called "Lataps").
    Archie Macpherson used to annoy me with his pronunciation of Latapy. He always put the emphasis on the second ‘a’ and it sounded so stupid, not to mention disrespectful, as he must have heard every man and his dog get it right.

Archie Macpherson took it to new levels of mispronunciation with "Adrian Sproule".

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post

It might not be "that hard" for you or me but perhaps it is for others.
    Here Hear

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Scott Alen
    Scott Allen
    Scott Allan
    Scott Alan

Take your pick
    I have no idea which it is. I look him up every time I write his name.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    I have dyslexia, I proof read everything I write before I post it but sometimes things slip through. When it gets pointed out I try and make a joke of it but it does sometimes make me feel like I’m an idiot. It’s not because I don’t ‘take extra care’ it’s because I can’t see the error I have made. To me it looks normal. Which is more embarrassing when it is pointed out.

Pretty certain this is not about me but I’m just trying to give an idea as to how these things might happen and effect others have when you deem it appropriate to slag them. I however can count on one hand how many times this has happened to me on .net and I’ve been a member since I was a teenager.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Dylan McGoduahfjzowkfjwosksjsnfcuvuvufieiwodiwkxjcjvisks mfkvpapqprnfncjdjeouch

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I have no idea which it is. I look him up every time I write his name.
    Its defiantly Scot Allan 😉

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    L E E A N N

It's really not that hard.
    transfer windae must be shut then!

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    I have dyslexia, I proof read everything I write before I post it but sometimes things slip through. When it gets pointed out I try and make a joke of it but it does sometimes make me feel like I’m an idiot. It’s not because I don’t ‘take extra care’ it’s because I can’t see the error I have made. To me it looks normal. Which is more embarrassing when it is pointed out.

Pretty certain this is not about me but I’m just trying to give an idea as to how these things might happen and effect others have when you deem it appropriate to slag them. I however can count on one hand how many times this has happened to me on .net and I’ve been a member since I was a teenager.
    for making the effort and, apologies, there was no intention to slag off people who like you do make an effort. Quite the reverse - I believe the misspelling of people's names on here is largely because people can't be bothered, on the grounds that it doesn't really matter because it's clear who is being talked about. Which is true, it usually is clear, but not caring about spelling is a slippery slope, the bottom of which is the end of civilisation as we know it. (Already there's generations of people who don't know which way to pass port round a table!)

Blog Entries

I see where you are coming from and sympathise ............ serious spelling and grammar police get up my knows.

Derek O'Riordan

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    for making the effort and, apologies, there was no intention to slag off people who like you do make an effort. Quite the reverse - I believe the misspelling of people's names on here is largely because people can't be bothered, on the grounds that it doesn't really matter because it's clear who is being talked about. Which is true, it usually is clear, but not caring about spelling is a slippery slope, the bottom of which is the end of civilisation as we know it. (Already there's generations of people who don't know which way to pass port round a table!)
    Like I said it’s a rare thing to happen on here for me. But it has happened. As for players names. I thank google, I have to google most of our non uk players to get the correct spelling of their names haha

Good point. My kids have dyslexia and sometimes I forget myself and get irritated when I see their written work. We should all try to be more forgiving about spelling imo. I often think that when I was at school dyslexia wasn't really a thing and my kids would've been chucked in a remedial class until they were old enough to leave at 15 and do a badly paid job. Things have improved, thankfully.

Smile

There's? You mean there are!!

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Dylan McGoduahfjzowkfjwosksjsnfcuvuvufieiwodiwkxjcjvisks mfkvpapqprnfncjdjeouch
    I'd be pronouncing that "McGee-och" with the last bit as in "och aye the noo" but I've heard a couple of people on the wireless say "m'goosh". Is McGeouch a trick name like Belvoir, Marjoribanks and that? How does Dylan pronounce it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Milne View Post
    There's? You mean there are!!
    I do, but there're's too ugly.

My niece has dyslexia and when she was at Uni I seem to recall she had some sort of special keyboard.It may have been an early form of auto correct and was a huge help to her.

Nothing worse than folk that want to go around slagging people for not being able to spell correctly, or correcting folks words when its so obvious what they actually meant anyway. I think most folk that do this probably had a hard childhood and wasnt very popular as a youth, now trying to make themselves feel better in life by going around laughing at folks spelling, ****ing sad losers. Get a a grip of yourselfs, pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    My niece has dyslexia and when she was at Uni I seem to recall she had some sort of special keyboard.It may have been an early form of auto correct and was a huge help to her.
    Correct. Also my daughters uni gave her free software, and those tinted lenses also help to sort out that 'letter jumble' effect dyslexics often report.